TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08SGT0673 ???

ShelbyII

Looks like an 08 with mods.

I don't think so Jeff. It is missing too many Shelby GT pieces. There is no Shelby GT on the rocker panel, the wrong Shelby lettering on the back, GT500 snakes on the fender and faux gas cap. It looks like a Mustang GT with shotgunned pieces. The only way to tell, would be for the registry to verify.

Heres the VIN: 1ZVHT82H385123279

Can someone check to see if it is a real Shelby GT.

If not, what can be done about the CSM plate on the dash?

Vin Says' it's a Shelby. Has had some warranty work done at the now selling dealer.... Lot's of Mod's....... I would think in order to move this one in these current times they might make a really good deal....

Ted

Vin Says' it's a Shelby. Has had some warranty work done at the now selling dealer.... Lot's of Mod's....... I would think in order to move this one in these current times they might make a really good deal....

Ted

With all that I see in the photos,

1) the photo with the dash board plaque is by a different camera then the other shots

2) there is no powered by ford badge on the Fender (the cobra that is there, is the "tiffany Cobra" used on the GT500)

3) the Rear Deck Badge is a GT500 Cobra not the Shelby cobra I have seen on the SGT's

4) Lower door stripe is plain not Shelby GT

5) no hood pins - even with an aftermarket hood why remove the pins

6) the rear deck fin is from a GT500

7) the GT500 2008 had the name "SHELBY" on upper left part of the deck lid, I have only seen the SGT's with the name "SHELBY" Centered

IMO, it looks like a Dealer that doesn't know he has a "Shelby" GT500 not a SGT. And i still believe that he confused the photos for the dash bdage.

1) the photo with the dash board plaque is by a different camera then the other shots

2) there is no powered by ford badge on the Fender (the cobra that is there, is the "tiffany Cobra" used on the GT500)

3) the Rear Deck Badge is a GT500 Cobra not the Shelby cobra I have seen on the SGT's

7) the GT500 2008 had the name "SHELBY" on upper left part of the deck lid, I have only seen the SGT's with the name "SHELBY" Centered

IMO, it looks like a Dealer that doesn't know he has a "Shelby" GT500 not a SGT. And i still believe that he confused the photos for the dash bdage.

I agree with you on the items you noticed, but I still do not think it is a GT500.

The car also has:

1. SGT front valance

2. Hurst shifter

3. No "Snake" emblem embossed on the front seats

4. Could have put on a different exhaust system.

5. Rear spoiler...could have been added.

6. Lower door stripes are not a GT 500 or a SGT.

The Shelby letters and the faux gas cap have me confused.

I think we could all agree, someone tried to customize this car (could have started out as a SGT) and really messed it up.

Yes it is truly funny how some Ford Dealers are clueless about what they have on the lot. Local Dealer had an 07 Shelby GT 350 according to his ebay add. During an email exchange he told me to call Shelby and confirm it was indeed a Shelby GT 350. You can guess my response. Anyway here is his ad correction in ebay. :hysterical3:Link

VIN show it to be a GT not a GT500. I think someone has already checked the VIN to see if it was shipped to SAI and confirmed that it was.

Just a thought!! Someone could have posted pictures of the WRONG car!!! I could see a guy being told take the BLUE SGT and take pictures and put it on ebay. Heres the VIN!! Use the correct VIN and the wrong car?

MM

The car has the upfitters package AND was SHIPPED to SAI!!!

So the VIN number is a SHELBY GT. The VIN was also delivered to THIS dealer!!!

MM

Interesting. Thanks Michael. I had never seen one of the Shelby GT "GT500 Edition" cars.

"Quote:

IMO, it looks like a Dealer that doesn't know he has a "Shelby" GT500 not a SGT. And i still believe that he confused the photos for the dash bdage. "

Well, this is what I see..

The Grill is definately a SGT, as are the front and rear valance.

Ok, different cameras used, hmmm,, I have different cameras too..