Ebay guy now asking 51,659 intead of 56,000 for used 2010

FURAFURA

He May get a buyer now, its on sale!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Shelby...d=p4506.c0.m245

Questions from other members

Q: would you also consider a trade?

Answered on Jul-29-09

A: No, sorry.

Q: Please post pictures of this car swimming as this is apparently a $10,000+ option.

Answered on Jul-28-09

A: Guessing that you're NOT in standup?

Ask seller a question

It looks like the seller is starting to realize the reality of his sale since he has removed all of that fluff from his description about it being rare, unique, one of a kind, better than every other GT500 out there, etc.

Perhaps when the auction ends he will realize his price is not realistic. With the amount of exposure his car has received on ebay with not one bid placed should tell him alot if he's willing to listen.

Interesting tidbit on the car/seller. He purchased the Shelby on July 3rd, drove it over 800 miles in two weeks then listed it on ebay. Makes you wonder what happened in those two weeks that made him have buyers remorse?

Steve

It looks like the seller is starting to realize the reality of his sale since he has removed all of that fluff from his description about it being rare, unique, one of a kind, better than every other GT500 out there, etc.

Perhaps when the auction ends he will realize his price is not realistic. With the amount of exposure his car has received on ebay with not one bid placed should tell him alot if he's willing to listen.

Interesting tidbit on the car/seller. He purchased the Shelby on July 3rd, drove it over 800 miles in two weeks then listed it on ebay. Makes you wonder what happened in those two weeks that made him have buyers remorse?

Steve

:ohsnap:

I'm thinking he may have crapped his drawers... Couldn't handle the beast...

:fan:

Well lets hope thats the case. I'd hate for it to be some emergency family situation that life can sometime deal us.

Steve

I thought about that too, but since he offered it up at $5K over to start, maybe not. If indeed it was a distress sale, stating that would have helped his case to find a buyer...

And then- most likely the folks on here would have put the word out to help him, instead of crucifying him.

I thought about that too, but since he offered it up at $5K over to start, maybe not. If indeed it was a distress sale, stating that would have helped his case to find a buyer...

And then- most likely the folks on here would have put the word out to help him, instead of crucifying him.

Yup I'm in agreement with you.

The good part is the very low miles, car just a few weeks old and seller has the title in hand. Now all the seller needs to do is adjust his price so that there is an incentive to purchase his car and not one from a dealership.

Steve

He May get a buyer now, its on sale!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2010-Shelby...d=p4506.c0.m245

Questions from other members

Q: would you also consider a trade?

Answered on Jul-29-09

A: No, sorry.

Q: Please post pictures of this car swimming as this is apparently a $10,000+ option.

Answered on Jul-28-09

A: Guessing that you're NOT in standup?

Ask seller a question

I read the guy's Ebay listing and can't see what all the complaining is about. So what if he mis-listed the car in the wrong Ebay category and is asking more than the current market value ? Ebay is full of sellers who push the market by asking high prices. If someone who hasn't been following the market buys the car I bet you'll see a lot of other "used" 2010 Shelbys for sale. How about we cut the seller a break and let the market dictate what happens. After all, how many of us out there paid MORE than the sticker for our Shelbys only to find the market where it is now ?? :shift:

I read the guy's Ebay listing and can't see what all the complaining is about. So what if he mis-listed the car in the wrong Ebay category and is asking more than the current market value ? Ebay is full of sellers who push the market by asking high prices. If someone who hasn't been following the market buys the car I bet you'll see a lot of other "used" 2010 Shelbys for sale. How about we cut the seller a break and let the market dictate what happens. After all, how many of us out there paid MORE than the sticker for our Shelbys only to find the market where it is now ?? :shift:

I think this was addressed in the other thread. In my opinion the "complaining" as you call it was more about the sellers description, that he has since erased, where he touts his car as rare, as unique, as better than every other GT500 built.

When an owner starts putting down other owners, like us here, with no basis for outlandish claims he deserves any ribbing the community feels like giving. His above retail price on a used car was just icing on the cake.

And I agree with you 100% on the market dictaing the price. Last I looked he had no takers.

Steve

Archived