TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pup completes his interior tweaks for 2006

pitpup

Thanks for doing the legwork, Stan. I appreciate that. Still a disappointment though. What if I butchered my welting in the process of installing it? What then? No welt, I guess.

So, anyhoo...

Does this mean the welting I've got left over will be worth more? :P

It takes 15' to do both doors. Hmmm, how much you got, kimosabe?

I've got 20' of orange, 20' of silver gray and around 7' of silver tinsel. I'm asking $200 for all of it. Market adjustment, ya know? Just kiddin... :hysterical:

I put my extra 15' or orange in the wife's Hyundai Tucson. Gives it some 'pop'. She tells all the other teachers at school that her man 'pimpled her ride'. Great, now I have a reputation... I'll have to take some pics and post them this weekend. Ha ha ha!

I took a look at my interior - there may be a few other places to use this stuff (dash - rear seat body panels...).

Roller Boy - I'll send you a sample when I get mine (I can't say how much he sold me - Mike made me promise to keep quiet!) :hyper:

I took a look at my interior - there may be a few other places to use this stuff (dash - rear seat body panels...).

Hey good luck with that. I don't think you can use the welting in the rear seating area unless you glue it in place!

Pup: I'd like to see the wife's ride. I'm sure it looks good. :shades:

Hey good luck with that. I don't think you can use the welting in the rear seating area unless you glue it in place!

Pup: I'd like to see the wife's ride. I'm sure it looks good. :shades:

#1. Yes, you would have to glue the back as it won't stay in via friction. Which explains why nobody is doing the back seats. Hey, who's back there anyway?

#2. She's a red-head. A Sagitarius. And Irish. Do you REALLY want to go there? :hysterical:

No, Ruf I knew what you meant, I just didn't explain myself very well. I've already checked to see if there's a way to put the welting in the area above the rear armrests. There's nothing to provide "bite." Now, if Ford had put inserts in those spots like they had with the IUP doors, then we'd be in business!

So Chris... and Bryan... let me ask you this. If you were told that 15' would do both front doors and that you didn't need to buy more than that, would you have insisted on buying more or taken the vendor at his word and merely bought the 15'? Would you want extra so you could play around, like say around the shifter, etc.?

And let's say the 15' was $20 and that included shipping. Do you think $20 is reasonable for a mod like this? Is $20 too much? Too little? I paid $35 for 60' but in reality, I only used 15'. So what makes more sense? $35 for 60' and not use 45' or $20 for 15' and use it all?

I'd be interested in your answers. Very interested. Thanky.

I really didn't think about where else I could use the welting. Frankly, I think the door panels are the only suitable application for the Mustang. Those PT Loozers on Mr. Mike's site are piped to death! "Pimped" like so many of the Mexican low-riders on these California highways. Way over the top. Garrish, in a word. IMHO.

So, in answer to your question, I would only buy enough welting for the doors.

Guess I am late on this one, but I thought I would ask anyway. Is there any way to get like 15' or 20' of this stuff to do my doors? Is Mike not offering this anymore? I would love that silver tinsel stuff, guess I need '15 from what you guys are saying. Can you get this stuff anywhere else if Mike is not doing it anymore. Hey Ruff, pics of your door? Thanks dudes and dudets, thong out!

There are some pics on page one.

I sent SCGT a sample. He's going to see if he can locate a supplier in case Mike stops selling it.

Ruf, I'm about two weeks from becoming 'the supplier'. I've got samples coming and will post more when I get my act together.

I'm already soured on Mike. How can ANY business man be so capricious with regard to whom he does business? Is his business really doing THAT well?

I'm all for alternative sourcing. :rant:

See reply to Ruf! :hysterical2:

Ruf, I'm about two weeks from becoming 'the supplier'.

I feel like this will start turning into some kind of ADM discussion. Can we expect to be gouged for the "welt"? I am down for 15' or 20' to match my interior upgrade satin aluminum finish and my soon to be installed GT500 pedals from CDC. I WANT WELT! How much HP does that add to the car, like 5 or 10 RWHP, right? :hyper:

I bumped into this place: $60 for 150' marine-grade 5/8" welting. #29 looks pretty close to Grabber Orange

http://www.csctextiles.com/SeaQ-WG.htm

I'm sure it's available in much larger rolls for less/ft, but this would get someone started who wanted to resell it, maybe?

Btw, Pitpup -- it looks great!!!!

-Dan

<edit:> btw, they also sell matcing roll&pleat here: http://www.csctextiles.com/SeaQqlt.htm

I feel like this will start turning into some kind of ADM discussion. Can we expect to be gouged for the "welt"? I am down for 15' or 20' to match my interior upgrade satin aluminum finish and my soon to be installed GT500 pedals from CDC. I WANT WELT! How much HP does that add to the car, like 5 or 10 RWHP, right? :hyper:

I'm in the process of getting this done... my plan should come together just after the new year. Oh, and sorry to burst yer bubble. It only adds 3 rwhp. But hey, 3hp is 3hp, right? :hysterical2:

I bumped into this place: $60 for 150' marine-grade 5/8" welting. #29 looks pretty close to Grabber Orange

http://www.csctextiles.com/SeaQ-WG.htm

I'm sure it's available in much larger rolls for less/ft, but this would get someone started who wanted to resell it, maybe?

Btw, Pitpup -- it looks great!!!!

-Dan

<edit:> btw, they also sell matcing roll&pleat here: http://www.csctextiles.com/SeaQqlt.htm

Dan, the 180 welt is like 5/32nd of an inch. 5/8" would be huge! There are two places I'm checking into. Will have ducks in a row come January... ironically when the new website launches (www.grabberorange.net)...

Stan

Archived