TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found mine on Craigslist

Chasmag

Yep, looking on Craigslist and saw an ad from a dealer south of town for a 08 Shelby GT with an unbelievable price. It was posted on Friday. Figured something had happened to it or something was wrong with it. We were busy on Saturday and Sunday and didn't really think about it to much. Monday went to work, looked on Craigslist and it was still there. Called the dealer and was told if I come down I'd get a deal of a lifetime. They had it for a year and half and hadn't sold it. I did and now I own a Vista Blue Shelby GT. It's a joy to drive and I love it.

post-25557-1248844066_thumb.jpg

Hey--we've never been one to modify or add anything to our Mustangs..but looking through this website I see a lot of the stripes on the side of the car...like yours...what are they? Do they represent something? I'm curious.

Thanks,

Tammy

I bought my "leftover" the first week of June. Having a blast! Your stripes and scoop look good from the picture. You got lucky! Enjoy! :)

I know how my car caught your attention in Gator Country :)

I used to live in Gainesville. I hated it when I was transferred out. I like the way the Grabber Orange stripes look, (probably learned to love the orange and blue combo there).

There are lots of threads on the stripes throughout the site. I saw them here and thought they looked great. Most of the vista blues seem to either have the red or a matching silver stripe. There are some yellows on the site as well. I decided to try something a little different with the GO. From what I have read herem the pit stripes were used to tell matching cars apart. I am by far not an expert but there are many on the site.

here is a link, there are several more. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...;hl=pit+stripes

Very nice..Congrats!! I wonder how many NEW SGT'S (All Colors and styles) are still on dealer lots??

In answer to your question, I just purchased a new 2008 SGT Convertable Barrett Jackson edition from a Phoenix, AZ Ford dealer today and it will ship to Texarkana, AR next week. Nicely equipped sold my 05 last year. Couldn't stand it anymore without a mustang and a GT/CS just wouldn't do it for me.

If anyone follows this model, I wonder how you tell which number of the 100 built for Arizona Ford dealers you have.

I remember when they first came out in 2008 they had the huge ADM issue on the price and I passed.

I guess I need to change my aviator on this site, been a long time since I have been tuned in, was trying for a GTH, but they all seemed to expensive and road hard and put up wet, so when I fell into this deal I was pretty happy. There are still several in Phoenix at a Ford dealer, all are standards. I just wanted an automatic.

Cheers... GG

Very nice..Congrats!! I wonder how many NEW SGT'S (All Colors and styles) are still on dealer lots??

Saw an 08 convertible today in southern Maryland. The MSRP was marked at $35k but the dealer had a sticker wanting $47k. Must be trying to fund his crack habit. At that price, it will continue to sit for a very, very long time.

Archived