TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Calling all gear heads 10-13 (need help)

I been helping my good friend who is a thick headed Italian old man!!! He restored a 1967 ford mustang gt fastback before, I knew him the major problem is he has no idea what cam he's running. I upgraded his carb he wanted a 750 double pumper now tuning it is the problem the engine is a 390cu bored 30 over with ported 428 heads. I'm trying to figure out what spark plugs to install as far as heat range he also has an upgrade ignition system electronic distributor and MSD. He has in there now Autolites 45 and they are fouled do to some mistakes that were made trying to tune this thing. Put it this way we fought over the car because, I couldn't find any timing marks because there wasn't no harmonic balancer. He challenged me for 2 days till, I found a book that shows a 390cu with a balancer and then had to hear it from a speed shop to finely sink in. Trust me he's a great guy other wise, I would just walk away. Pretty much everything is on the money as far as timing with new balancer and adjusted the carb and got the highest possible reading on my vacuum gauge. We all know with the wrong plugs it's not going to run great.

Thanks for help if you guys can!!!

Archived