TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool Door #

mikesdream

door_meatball_1.jpgdoor_meatball_2.0.jpg

I went with option 1 with silver CS Team Shelby and outline with black #s on a white field. PirateGrafixx could change the # in the field easily. I used the #of the car and put a simple 182 on the hood in line with my FIA stripe on the drivers side.

What do you think? Cool or to much?

Mike

finished, pic below

new_decals_007.jpgcd_post_011.jpg

door_meatball_1.jpg

door_meatball_2.0.jpg

new_decals_007.jpg

cd_post_011.jpg

I think it will look nice as well. Who cares what anyone else thinks anyway. I understand that you just want opinions but do what you like. :rockon:

I have asked Robert to offer this through Shelby store, so that's the reason for the opinions. Of course it can be gotten from Andrew at Pirategrafixx now. They made it exactly as I pictured. I could not find anything like it and I wanted to promote the club because the car gets a lot of exposure.

Mike, "Rocking On!" : )

I have asked Robert to offer this through Shelby store, so that's the reason for the opinions. Of course it can be gotten from Andrew at Pirategrafixx now. They made it exactly as I pictured. I could not find anything like it and I wanted to promote the club because the car gets a lot of exposure.

Mike, "Rocking On!" : )

I'd buy a set from the Shelby Store now. So what's the verdict Robert?

Ken

How tall are the numbers? Most circuits require you to have at least 8" numbers...

I made it 15 1/2 in. from the top double line border to the bottom border of the circle and the numbers were fit in the remaining space. They are not delivered yet for me to take an actual measurement.

I was not thinking of any regulations when they were designed but I'm sure they could be altered. I did not want the over all dimension to touch the SGT stripe at the bottom of the door. I wanted the double line of the CS Team Shelby portion to run along the bodyline of the door as well.

Mike

Hey Mikesdream...I think I saw you at Newport Beach a few months back. I tried to stop you but I was on a bike.

Pedal faster...........................just kidding. Is Moreno Valley close by?

I live a 19th and orange. If you see a white SGT with plate # "2007 SGT" out front, stop by an honk.

It seems like the only guys I know have the rarest cars : ) Second pic is Leo and me at 09 Vegas Bash car show. I know another Leo (#19) orange SGT and the guy that has orange #182. Really wish I had moved fast enough to get #68 at Mills Ford. Wifes veto insued.

Mike

427_weekend_g.jpgMike___Leo.JPG

427_weekend_g.jpg

Mike___Leo.JPG

Might just be the Scotch but why the hell are we not getting together more often? Robert said he would come down here for a BBQ : )

I dunno man, I've been wondering the same thing. I'm trying to get a cruise or a show or a dyno day or something together for the Nor-Cal crew, but it's tough to get people on board! Any weekend you want to hang, drop me a line dude.

We had a local sign shop make up the magnets. If I like it enough, i will have them put on the car in vinyl. The magnet itself is 12" tall, with the numbers being

9-3/8" tall. We do track days at Portland International Raceway. They require 9" at least for number height.

The $17.00 spent in blue tape is worth it, if it prolongs a nose repaint.

post-23391-1249054178_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1249054196_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1249054213_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1249054178_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1249054196_thumb.jpg

post-23391-1249054213_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
here is final fender pkg.

post-10954-1249920508_thumb.jpg

post-10954-1249920471_thumb.jpg

Mike

Did Pirate custom make all these too? I've been asking them for months to come up with a couple of silver sponsor decals for me.

If they did these, then I'll get back on their case for mine. They look cool, nice work.

Ken

Did Pirate custom make all these too? I've been asking them for months to come up with a couple of silver sponsor decals for me.

If they did these, then I'll get back on their case for mine. They look cool, nice work.

Ken

Yes, talk to Andrew and mention me. The silver matches perfect. I know the magnets are go to 80mph+. The Social Director piece is the coolest and a little larger than a Terlingua cars decal. Looks great in the sun and shifts like the factory stripes.

Makes my non SC car look legit and I think each sticker adds 5hp : ) Horay for self sponsored weekend warriors with lots of insurance and tolarant wifes.

That is nice man, do tell how to obtain!

Andrew at Pirate Grafixx, tell'm Mike sent you. 760-643-1953

Yes, I had the pkg done before the name changed to Carroll Shelby Foundation. BTW, I got a really cool pin at the Team Shelby members weekend that Jason (281 MS) threw. That's were I took the pics

TS_pic.jpg

Mike

TS_pic.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

JnJ3891...................The $17.00 spent in blue tape is worth it, if it prolongs a nose repaint.

My wife looked at your pics and asked about the blue on your car. I told her you ran through Smuf village at high speed. Poor taste pic to follow......................yeah it's late.

Mike

smurfs.jpg

smurfs.jpg

Archived