TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Great Southern Hospitality!

Doug_GT350

Last week the little lady and I went south to NC for a short family vacation. I had some PM's back and forth with Nascaracing (Phil) about things to do and places to see before we left, and on Saturday I happen to drive past a local car cruise and low and behold there's this familiar looking white/blue GT500. So I stop and go over to talk to him and his wife Fran just to introduce myself, he looks at his wife and says "are ya hungry? Let's go get something to eat, there's nothing happening here anyway." They pack up the Shelby and take us to a local restaurant for some good ole fashioned Barbeque and Sweet tea. We had a great time sitting around telling car and life stories for about an hour or so. I just wanted to post this up to prove what we already know.... Shelby folks are the greatest!!!!

Thanks again Phil and Fran for the great time.... :happy feet:

Doug and Sandy

I'll have to say I experience the same kindness from a couple down in Nashville!! That's really awesome to see. Really, there shouldn't be any reason NOT to have a welcoming attitude with fellow owners from out of area. That's why I like the Shelby group so much - everyone is awesome!

I was doing a road trip years ago with some friends. We stopped in the middle of the boonies along the Mississippi river bank in the state of Mississippi. There was a group of 3 families having a picnic down there as well. They saw us and we all just started talking and they invited us to join them. Man... they had the best darned BBQ going on. The food was just awesome. That was 20 years ago and I still remember how hospitable they were. Even to us Yanks from way up north. Southern Hospitality. Ya gotta love it.

I was doing a road trip years ago with some friends. We stopped in the middle of the boonies along the Mississippi river bank in the state of Mississippi. There was a group of 3 families having a picnic down there as well. They saw us and we all just started talking and they invited us to join them. Man... they had the best darned BBQ going on. The food was just awesome. That was 20 years ago and I still remember how hospitable they were. Even to us Yanks from way up north. Southern Hospitality. Ya gotta love it.

God damn you !!! Another one with the boobs, I just told my wife not interested in $ex !!! and here you making me weak Thanks alot.

Ok now back to the topic !! I can't wait to move down south my mother - inlaw lives in little river, SC outside of myrtle beach. The people are so friendly going to the supermarket is such a pleasure. Just like alway's the old people drivers can be a pain.!!! Even when my father was in Durham, NC at duke university. The nursing staff were incredible so nice and great to my little italian mom made sure she got back to the hotel safely. The hotel staff also was great and people down there say hello to you and hold the door open for you. You don't get that service up here the only thing bad that happened to me down there is, I met my lovely wife down there :cry: .

Archived