TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 VS CTS-V

obxman

I would love to see pictures of your cars, when did you get the 2011?

Mullinax Ford Lake Park fl

I'll post when i can find my fricken camera.

pro's and cons goes both ways.... Engine the LSA stock makesgreat numbers....but so to does the plasma arched technology 5.4

WASH Stock

Performance The CTS-V post best numbers when left in auto sport Mode...no paddle siftter or six speed.

The Shelby Has to be driven right...

advantage CTS-V

Coolness Factor, Touchy subject. the V is clean has a tough stance , powerbulge

creashed lines.....triple black really looks awesome. The Shelby is the supercool car we all

wished we had When we graduated collage the ultimate Mustang!

No advantage to either.

Interior and Usability. no contsest with the CTS-V is on par with M3 and M5

Cost. well another touchy subject.a fully optioned Shelby touches the base + one or 2 optioned Cts-v

Your paying for a name.... as far as resale.... i say give it time...when the market realizes i can h

ave a 4 door luxury car with awesome performance....a family man might choose this c

car because of its overall ability and funtionality....Not just because its a Shelby

I think lastly....... you and your buds are going to the country club....they drive up in Masseratti's JaguarsXFR, M5, Amgs....

aren't you out of place...but still cool...in a Mustang even if its made of gold?????

The Cts-v passes under tha radar, yet the SHelby is brash.....don't cut anyone off.....cause you'll be easy to find.

You guys are dogging a car that chocked the world at the Ring...the ultimate test of a car. and it was an auto with no paddles

shifting.....the video shows it.

Why not do this....give a nod of respect to the cat in the V....he could have easily bought your Shelby....but the CTS-v rocks.....period...from Audio, to Nav, to the 40 gig electronics. has a real usable trucnk and can carry an easy 4 full sized adults. Its faster in auto hence more consistant

Yes is fast and with the right touches , debadging the CTS-v logo tinted and in black with that awesome front upper and lower grill

the powerbulge aluminum hood. those 6 pot bremo's hiding beneath a well set of wheals/ also a nice set of aftermarket blackouts make the V even more intimidating..to those in the know.

Americas made its muscle car glalore.....some spectacular some not so much. But they are as AMerican as Apple pie

Now we have a car/ Sedan that can post sub 8 minute times at the ring....has Chevy's#2 engine... Does not too much like a cts....no way no how

but i guess some poeple think a striped moded mustang GT could be a SHelby too........Basically those in the know . know! That the V on the sides and back......means business.

Is it Better.....Yes and No.......but it is classy. it does turns heads, and you feel like a millionair with a rockect just under your right foot.

and its America's first effort to combat the M's and Amgs and othe hipo luxiry sedans.....and walla first time out it trumps them in the performance dept.....Remeber the Ring is not a 1/4 race....its a total test of power/ suspension and brakes.

an Amazing feet. Even if Shelby managed a 2 door win ....how long has therr been shelby GT500

As far as i'm concerned they are tops in different areana's Both deserve respect from the other..

and the guy who mentioned the Zr1....a Zo6 with NON runflats runs quicker 0-60 and even 1/4 mile ...because it can put its measly 505/ 470 down... That a fact. i own one of those too.

think about this..do yu think the guy in a XF-R jag give a hoot about some muscle car.......but he sweets in his expensive Armani...when a V is nest to him.....knowing what the V is , Damn unless your dead the V has beed on almost every cover of every car magazine ..multiple times.

all i ask is to really look at it......boy racer aside and ask yourself...... ifi were picking up my wife a new girlfriend, or other professionals

would i be more or less embarrased with my Shelby. ( yeah i know it for you, you don't care what people think ect ect. lone wolf stuff)

Also there will be far less V's than Shelby's before Cafe axes them all. Look in the selling sections ,,,many many GT500's very few V's...because the people don't tire of them.

upper and lower pulley headers /intske and a tune......and my buddies car feels as if (ifit had littlewings) it would taake off. No shifting required.

and the shift algorythems are spot on,,,almost intuitive....and hold till redline....you just haave to touch 3 bottons...and its 2 cars in one.

Sorry for the long post..

also sorry for the one hit wonder... Carrol is a good ole boy.... but hey are using his name.. the car was made by some Indian dude....India.

If you think for ONE second i don' absolutely love my 11 GT500 YOU ARE WRONG.

sometme brash and kick ass is necesary. My only mistake was to get the SS then HPE it......warrantte kinda blows. and even though

its a md max machine....doesn't have the presence of a 556 hp Caddilac. CTS-v....

and that is a final opinion.

Yes i mispell alot @ 5 am...

Be well.! and Don't let johnny law catch you

Napper, welcome to Team Shelby! happy%20feet.gif

We respect your opinions, we're glad you like your Cadillac and GT500. And thanks for your honest assessments of the CTS.

Yeah, we know it's fast. But there's always someone faster. There was an old primered POS Mitsubishi Galant with duct-tape on it running 9's in the 1/4 at the drags last week that destroyed all of the cars there including mine and any CTS. Did that make me want it? Absolutely not.

Please remember that this is a Shelby site and not Cadillac. hysterical.gif

Looking forward to pics of your GT500 and Caddy!! happy%20feet.gif

• 1 month later...

If you have a 2011 GT500 hope you got the Performance pack because the Shelby with the performance pack beats the CTS-V by good amount of time around Virginia International race track. Same place that Car and Driver test their cars for their annual lightning lap. The cts-v did it in 3.04 and the Gt500 did it in 2.58 that's allot faster in one lap, seconds are a lifetime in a race. The GT500 with the Performance pack is faster on a track than the CTS-V. Far as looks go my Friend has a CTS-V and his car never gets the looks like the Shelby does. As far as country clubbing goes the Shelby's fits in rather well considering the history of the old ones that command a good amount of money to get now days. Never seen a Cadillac old are new go for over 150,000 dollars something an old GT500 will do easily for a real one.

GT500 with Performance Pack is faster around a road course than the CTS-V

so handling and performance goes to GT500. Yes it takes a driver to get those numbers but that's the point of a sports car you have to drive it and not ride along.

GT500 wins the performance round

Carries more people and has more luggage space

CTS-V wins the convenients test.

Looks GT500 wins that easy turns allot more heads including adults and kids sorry a sport car is always better looking than a 4 door.

GT500 wins

Interior CTS-V wins this with honorable mention going to the GT500 because of the better Nav and Sync. Something my friend wish he had in his Cadillac.

CTS-v win not by much.

Sound no contest GT500 makes allot of it Cadillac make very little .

GT500 wins sound contest.

Resale according to Kelly blue book on the CTS-V is not that good nowhere near the GT500. last time I looked you could get 0 percent fin on a CTS-V.

Resale GT500.

The CTS-v is an excellent sedan, luxury car and makes for one hell of a performance sedan. It just does not compare to the GT500. It's like comparing apples to oranges it does not happen. It's just does not win the hearts of the people on the street like the GT500 does. The GT500 has history something the CTS-v model does not.

The Cadillac has four wheel independent double wishbones magnetic ride control suspension. I haven't been in one but all those facts are enough to convince me it's a beast track car. I like the look of the Shelby better

I have a friend with a modded Z06 making 550 rwhp running Hoosier 335s in back and 315s up front, and a new CTS-V. He's a very good driver. At the road course we run most often, he runs a 1:39 in the Z06 and ran a 1:50 on his last session after a full day in the V. I run in the 1:44 range on Toyos at the same track and expect to run lower on Hoosiers when I go back down there next month. At Spring Mountain racing school we ran similar lap times in Vettes. So beast? Eh. For a stock street car, it's pretty good, but it's not a beast.

This is a RIDICULOUS debate, and no one will ever win, because it is all subjective.

I have to address this statement:

"also sorry for the one hit wonder... Carrol is a good ole boy.... but hey are using his name.. the car was made by some Indian dude....India."

I honestly am not sure what the first part of that sentence means, but the last part is telling. Are you referring to Hau Thai-Tang? What does it matter where he, or anyone else, was born? (He is from Vietnam, by the way). I guess GM and Cadillac only hire 3rd generation Americans from middle Kansas.

Oh, wait a minute, maybe not. Bob Lutz was born in Switzerland...

Which car is "better" will always be debatable by its very subjective nature. Deriding someone for their country of birth may or may not belong in a "GT500" forum.

This is just the best GM and the mags could come up with. They finally have a car to compare to a GT500 of 2007. Technology that's at least 6 to 7 years old. Its still took more Cu/inches to even come close to a 2007 model year car. Now lets wait till Ford comes out with the new updated technology and see how GM compares. I bet they'll be 5 to 7 years behind again and wont want any real testing done once again. Just like they did from 2007 to 2010. Its about time they built a car that can compete with the GT500. What sucks is it took a bigger engine 5 years and a car costing 20K more to get there. . We all know with 1500 in mods you could still kick the 2011 caddy's ass with a 2007 GT500. It'll give the GM boys something to brag about. But thats about it. For maybe a year.

Archived