TEAM SHELBY FORUM

HELP!

07SGT0547

To All:

I just tried to change my forum e-mail address to a GMAIL account... And it won't allow it???

Says this type of account is not allowed...

Couldn't find anything in the on-line HELP section... So I thought I would post here to see if anyone else had this same problem...

THANKS!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Why would you want a GMAIL Account? Everytime I post an Ad on Craigs List, Vehics, Ebay and other Sites, I always get a lot of Spam Emails and several Emails trying to Con me and 90% of the Spam and 100% of the Con Emails show a GMAIL Account.

Any one of the "generic" hosts any better than the other???

I got tons of SPAM and JUNK Mail thru the corp account I was previously using...

Even to the point that our legitimate out-going mail was being blocked by Yahoo & several other public domains...

Open to suggestions :lurk:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Any one of the "generic" hosts any better than the other???

I got tons of SPAM and JUNK Mail thru the corp account I was previously using...

Even to the point that our legitimate out-going mail was being blocked by Yahoo & several other public domains...

Gregg

07SGT0547

I would suggest Yahoo. You can also get free AOL email but there is that stigma of being an AOL user :)

Steve

Gregg

07SGT0547

Some Companies and some People set their Email Settings so that if certain Words are used in the Subject Box (and sometimes in the Email Context) it will Block it. I have Yahoo Email Addresses and ComCast Email Address and I rarely get the Spam (unless it is from Posts mentioned above).

My gmail account works fine for all the forums I post on and everything else that I sign up for. I like how it works with my G1 phone also.

I also have a comcast account that gets zero spam but it's only used for personal stuff. I don't sign up for anything with it.

Archived