TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Billet Engine Caps

I ordered the Shelby caps, Fuse Box Cover and Battery Hold Down Bracket all in Billet from the Shelby Store for the 5.4 Engine. The Fuse Box cover does not fit nor does the washer fluid cap, I have not tried the Battery Bracket as of yet. The fuse box on the 2010 has the latch and hinge in the center of the ends of the box. The cover has a notch for the latch and for the hinge and they are offset to opposite sides not centered in the cover. I may can take my dremmel tool and make it work. The washer fliud throat cap has a molded hinge arm on it and the Shelby cap hits the hinge and will not go down far enough for the o-ring to snap over the container throat mouth. I am going to see if I can modify it and make it work. I also bought the Prop Rod but have not installed it, I think it will work but the L-end that fits in the hood is not as long as the stock but I think it will work.

I ordered the Shelby caps, Fuse Box Cover and Battery Hold Down Bracket all in Billet from the Shelby Store for the 5.4 Engine. The Fuse Box cover does not fit nor does the washer fluid cap, I have not tried the Battery Bracket as of yet. The fuse box on the 2010 has the latch and hinge in the center of the ends of the box. The cover has a notch for the latch and for the hinge and they are offset to opposite sides not centered in the cover. I may can take my dremmel tool and make it work. The washer fliud throat cap has a molded hinge arm on it and the Shelby cap hits the hinge and will not go down far enough for the o-ring to snap over the container throat mouth. I am going to see if I can modify it and make it work. I also bought the Prop Rod but have not installed it, I think it will work but the L-end that fits in the hood is not as long as the stock but I think it will work.

Isaid--thanks alot, i was just this minute about to order the Shelby fuse box cover from Lethal. I did buy caps frpm American Muscle---thet fit great

Isaid--thanks alot, i was just this minute about to order the Shelby fuse box cover from Lethal. I did buy caps frpm American Muscle---thet fit great

Hey guys... Good info there... Is there actually a difference between the American Muscle Billet caps, and the Shelby Billet caps???

Also- I just got a reply to a PM I sent to EVO Performance about the strut tower brace (the FRPP one from the KR). It WILL NOT fit over the CAI, or under the hoods we have, so out of luck there... I'm sure in due time all the 2010 specific stuff will begin showing up...

Hey guys... Good info there... Is there actually a difference between the American Muscle Billet caps, and the Shelby Billet caps???

Also- I just got a reply to a PM I sent to EVO Performance about the strut tower brace (the FRPP one from the KR). It WILL NOT fit over the CAI, or under the hoods we have, so out of luck there... I'm sure in due time all the 2010 specific stuff will begin showing up...

heres the link

http://www.americanmuscle.com/2010-mustang...od-styling.html

Archived