TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Going to Vegas

I'm going out to Vegas in Mid-November and I want to make the Shelby Museum a stop during the stay there. It would be super awesome to check out some Shelby Dodge history in particular. I don't suppose I could get close to any of the garaged or the top-secret stash because I'm a forum member, could I? :P

I know some of your who regularly patrol these subforums have some authority to make some cool things happen. I'm coming all the way from New England! 6 hours in a flying cigar tube 40,000 feet up!

• 3 months later...

Well to Vegas I went. What a great town and amazing experience. The tour was great, I even saw my car! Well, not my car, but the prototype. It was good to see the Dodges get a little exposure at the Museum, even if they got tucked away in the back. I learned some things on the tour, signed the wall in the hangar, and walked away feeling satisfied. I recommend visiting the museum to any owner of ANY Shelby, be it a Ford or a Dodge. You won't be disappointed. :beerchug:

Well to Vegas I went. What a great town and amazing experience. The tour was great, I even saw my car! Well, not my car, but the prototype. It was good to see the Dodges get a little exposure at the Museum, even if they got tucked away in the back. I learned some things on the tour, signed the wall in the hangar, and walked away feeling satisfied. I recommend visiting the museum to any owner of ANY Shelby, be it a Ford or a Dodge. You won't be disappointed. :beerchug:

Although it may look like the Shelby Dodge's are tucked away in the back there is a reason for it. And no its not because they are Dodge's.

The museum is laid out in chronological order from the first Cobra to the latest Super Snakes. The Oldsmobile powered Series One are also along that back wall along with the last of the 1960's Shelby Mustang's.

I'm still sad the Shelby Cafe is closed. It was a perfect companion to the museum tour, I'm sure you would have enjoyed that also.

Steve

Although it may look like the Shelby Dodge's are tucked away in the back there is a reason for it. And no its not because they are Dodge's.

The museum is laid out in chronological order from the first Cobra to the latest Super Snakes. The Oldsmobile powered Series One are also along that back wall along with the last of the 1960's Shelby Mustang's.

I'm still sad the Shelby Cafe is closed. It was a perfect companion to the museum tour, I'm sure you would have enjoyed that also.

Steve

I miss the Cafe. It was perfect timing for the tour, plus the burger and chili were great. Hopefully it will reopen when the economy gets better. Plus I liked the group that came over from Nellis. I bought lunch for two different groups.

Archived