TEAM SHELBY FORUM

It's Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why wouldn't you just order the emblem from SPP?

Steve

The point is that we had to supply a CSM # when we bought ours from SPP because they didn't want anyone cloning the SGT's. American Muscle started selling these a couple of months ago but pulled them when they were told not to do it by SPP (I managed to get one before they were stopped). I guess Blue Oval has gotten some at a good price and is gonna unload them unless SPP stops them.

The point is that we had to supply a CSM # when we bought ours from SPP because they didn't want anyone cloning the SGT's. American Muscle started selling these a couple of months ago but pulled them when they were told not to do it by SPP (I managed to get one before they were stopped). I guess Blue Oval has gotten some at a good price and is gonna unload them unless SPP stops them.

I do recall a thread about that.

I do wish SAI would rethink this policy. It hurts the Shelby owner by not letting them pick up replcements/spares and only increases the price for those that sell them on the black market.

And just so I and others that read this thread have it right when you call SPP to order a faux GT500 gas cap emblem no proof of ownership is required but if you order a SGT faux gas cap emblem you have to provide proof of ownership?

There has to be a better way.

Steve

I do recall a thread about that.

I do wish SAI would rethink this policy. It hurts the Shelby owner by not letting them pick up replcements/spares and only increases the price for those that sell them on the black market.

And just so I and others that read this thread have it right when you call SPP to order a faux GT500 gas cap emblem no proof of ownership is required but if you order a SGT faux gas cap emblem you have to provide proof of ownership?

There has to be a better way.

Steve

A gt500 is a ford product, why should SAI care about where and how the replacement parts are obtained?

A Shelby GT and its dash plaques and other parts that are part of the exclusive package that only 8000 or so exist in the world

is a completely different story........those parts should be available to only the car owners in order to protect the integrity of the brand.

Just like 40th badges for the gt500s or SS stuff.......its exclusive to the offerings of SAI and should be protected accordingly.

Thats so obvious.....am I missing something?

the quote is an apples and oranges comparison IMO.

FYI!

-----------------------

Jeff,

I apologize but our employee forgot to put on the website that you have to provide Shelby with your VIN number to ensure that you have a Shelby GT. We have refunded your money in full and will note your account. We will give you $10.00 off your next order over $50.00 in merchandise. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

John

-----------------------

Thats so obvious.....am I missing something?

the quote is an apples and oranges comparison IMO.

If the goal is to prevent Shelby clones then I must be missing something.

Are you saying its ok for Shelby GT500's to be cloned? Why should one Shelby model be treated differently than another?

Steve

FYI!

-----------------------

Jeff,

I apologize but our employee forgot to put on the website that you have to provide Shelby with your VIN number to ensure that you have a Shelby GT. We have refunded your money in full and will note your account. We will give you $10.00 off your next order over $50.00 in merchandise. Again I apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

John

-----------------------

Sounds like BOI didn't even have one emblem in their possession. More of a place your order with us and we will then place an order with SPP.

Call me crazy but if all they want is a vin number we all know where we can go and get at least a dozen vin numbers from any day of the week.

Steve

If the goal is to prevent Shelby clones then I must be missing something.

Are you saying its ok for Shelby GT500's to be cloned? Why should one Shelby model be treated differently than another?

Steve

if you can get a 5.4 for cheap and clone a 500, more power to you, its cheaper to buy the real thing then make a clone

FYI!

-----------------------

Jeff,

Thanks,

John

-----------------------

I got the same reply today... Wonder if I re-order it with my VIN/CSM #, will they check with SPP to see that I've already ordered one from them over 1 year ago???

Things that make you go hmmm???

EDIT = Looks like BOI also added the Shipping Charges to their website... My original order didn't include any shipping charges???

Gregg

07SGT0547

got mine and put it on last week. I received an email the day after I ordered to supply them my csm#. I sent it and the part came right in.

I ordered mine from the Shelby Store back in May and never had to prove anything.... :headscratch:

Maybe they just looked at my avatar and knew I needed one!!!!! or it's because I have such an honest face :bag:

Archived