TEAM SHELBY FORUM

BUILD DATES

shlbygrl

Wondering if anyone knows when they actually started building the Shelby GT500's? OurMFD sticker on the driver side door stated the build date was 6/06. Trying to figure out if that is the actually build date for the car and also if we were lucky to get a "low" numbered car. Thanks for any input

Wondering if anyone knows when they actually started building the Shelby GT500's? OurMFD sticker on the driver side door stated the build date was 6/06. Trying to figure out if that is the actually build date for the car and also if we were lucky to get a "low" numbered car. Thanks for any input

I believe the first day of production was June 5, 2006

I believe the first day of production was June 5, 2006

6/6/2006 for regular production. They built nearly 90 pre-pro cars prior to that date.

bj

6/06 means the car was Built in the month of JUNE 2006. All production cars are like this way with No specific build date, just month & year for reference purposes.. Check your other car/trucks out for the samething.

Now had you tracked your order thru production like some of us on this site you might have known what date they started building it & when it was finished (or the Official date it was born on was). I think we have to wait for SVT to send out certificates for build number & date like past cobras. hope this helps

6/06 means the car was Built in the month of JUNE 2006. All production cars are like this way with No specific build date, just month & year for reference purposes.. Check your other car/trucks out for the samething.

Now had you tracked your order thru production like some of us on this site you might have known what date they started building it & when it was finished (or the Official date it was born on was). I think we have to wait for SVT to send out certificates for build number & date like past cobras. hope this helps

Thanks. Believe it or not, we did not have an order in for our Shelby. We just started to call dealerships within our area and ask if they had or get hold of one. The one we got it from had 6 on their showroom floor. Talk about lucky. Had our pick of colors.....Went with red/tunsgent stripes.....

Thanks. Believe it or not, we did not have an order in for our Shelby. We just started to call dealerships within our area and ask if they had or get hold of one. The one we got it from had 6 on their showroom floor. Talk about lucky. Had our pick of colors.....Went with red/tunsgent stripes.....

post-7748-1165371967_thumb.jpgpost-7748-1165372092_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Believe it or not, we did not have an order in for our Shelby. We just started to call dealerships within our area and ask if they had or get hold of one. The one we got it from had 6 on their showroom floor. Talk about lucky. Had our pick of colors.....Went with red/tunsgent stripes.....Attached pics, not sure if I did that right.

post-7748-1165371967_thumb.jpg

post-7748-1165372092_thumb.jpg

:)

When did you get your car & from what dealer? This dealer had 6 & you had your choice?????????????????

Yes, they had 6 . Dealer was Sarat Ford in Agaway, Ma. The kicker was we bought it on a Friday night at cloing time, by Monday afternoon, they had already replaced the one we bought, so they once again had 6 in the showroom...Not to mention the two Selions they had on the showroom floor.......

Didnt pay MSRP, However, would have gladly paid 20 over sticker, but didnt have to........

We do not have ADM bashers here. Some are just watching the market to see what it does. There is nothing wrong with paying an ADM. It is a personel choice and most here respect that. Mine is on order for Q1 and I paid 15K ADM. What did you have to pay ?

We do not have ADM bashers here. Some are just watching the market to see what it does. There is nothing wrong with paying an ADM. It is a personel choice and most here respect that. Mine is on order for Q1 and I paid 15K ADM. What did you have to pay ?

We paid 14940 over sticker......Absouletly nothing wrong paying an ADM...Was not tryig to "bash" anyone. We as well paid over sticker..........Sorry if that came out wrong......:(

We paid 14940 over sticker......Absouletly nothing wrong paying an ADM...Was not tryig to "bash" anyone. We as well paid over sticker..........Sorry if that came out wrong......:(

NO..NO,

You miss understood me. What I ment is that we would not bash you for sharing your purchase price. When you said that you would of paid 20K but did not, I thought you were un easy about sharing the cost. All is good here. No worrys.

NO..NO,

You miss understood me. What I ment is that we would not bash you for sharing your purchase price. When you said that you would of paid 20K but did not, I thought you were un easy about sharing the cost. All is good here. No worrys.

OK I get it now.......Getting alittle tired.......Got the car to enjoy it and it will eventually be a family heirloom for the kids. Its all about the car.....Why would be up all night on these forums if it wasnt about the car :lol: Plus we (husband and I) get to enjoy our kids inheritance now :headspin: like you said , all is good

OK I get it now.......Getting alittle tired.......Got the car to enjoy it and it will eventually be a family heirloom for the kids. Its all about the car.....Why would be up all night on these forums if it wasnt about the car :lol: Plus we (husband and I) get to enjoy our kids inheritance now :headspin: like you said , all is good

I really like the Red, but changed my order to GO with White stripes. Both colors really scream for attention.

B)

I really like the Red, but changed my order to GO with White stripes. Both colors really scream for attention.

B)

We had a choice of the red with white stripes and red with tungsten stripes. Went with tungsten stripes, thought it is alittle more sutle. I agree, though, both colors really scream !!! Husband wants to know how far are you from Seattle wa? He has done alot of work up that way.

We had a choice of the red with white stripes and red with tungsten stripes. Went with tungsten stripes, thought it is alittle more sutle. I agree, though, both colors really scream !!! Husband wants to know how far are you from Seattle wa? He has done alot of work up that way.

Battleground, WA is right next to Vancouver, WA. which is also 20 minutes from the Portland, Oregon Airport.

It takes me 2- 1/2 hours to drive to Seattle from my place in light traffic. Is Hubby in Construction ?

Battleground, WA is right next to Vancouver, WA. which is also 20 minutes from the Portland, Oregon Airport.

It takes me 2- 1/2 hours to drive to Seattle from my place in light traffic. Is Hubby in Construction ?

Yes. He recently remodeled some of the Regal cinemas at Evergreen PArkway, City Center, Cinema 99, and Cascade 16. He was up in Vancouver for the last two summers. So much for him driving Shelby .....You will have to give him a ride in yours next summer and Ill drive his back here in MA!! :lol::yahoo:

Yes. He recently remodeled some of the Regal cinemas at Evergreen PArkway, City Center, Cinema 99, and Cascade 16. He was up in Vancouver for the last two summers. So much for him driving Shelby .....You will have to give him a ride in yours next summer and Ill drive his back here in MA!! :lol::yahoo:

Have fun with your car, and if your husband has to come back up this way to work, send me a PM and I will show him around town.

PS

I am also in Construction.

Archived