TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Reoranization of the regions?

twobjshelbys

I sent a PM to Sharon but it looks Robert has disabled PMs.

Jeff or Michael Morris or any of the mods may be able to move these thread for you...just depends on how much moderator privledges they have been given.

Heck, just give me the power for a day and I will clean it up.

This is not the only messed up region.

All of the pacific NW threads are in the Mountian region now. Apparently that is the wrong region and now we are the Pacific US. It is a very slow process to move each thread individually over to another forum. I guess most all of the forums have these problems now.

Robertlane has his PM box turned off and now only takes e-mails. His e-mail is listed in his signature. I'm sure he must have a way to copy and paste all the threads at one time and move them. There are doxens and dozens of pages of threads in the wrong areas now.

I was asked by one of the Texas members to move Texas threads out of the incorrect Pacific region and after moving about 40-50 threads I had to stop.

It's very time consuming moving one thread at a time and when you look at the overall picture that every region is messed up I'm leaning towards starting over from scratch unless Robert can figure a way to move hundreds of threads more quickly.

What makes it even more time consuming is that not every thread can be moved by just reading the thread title to determine its correct region. A good portion of threads have to be opened up to see what exactly the topic is about and what region it should be in.

I wish whomever wants to tackle this project the best of luck.

Steve

The only ones that need to be moved are the recent ones. It shouldn't take that long to go back a month and move them to the appropriate areas.

Not for the Colorado/Southwest. Every topic back to 2006 is now in the Pacific forum. Most of them are obvious.

The only ones that need to be moved are the recent ones. It shouldn't take that long to go back a month and move them to the appropriate areas.

It's more than just recent threads. As I mentioned I moved 40-50 Texas themed threads before giving up. I'm sure the other mods would agree that if it was that easy to correct it would have been done already.

Steve

when you look at the overall picture that every region is messed up I'm leaning towards starting over from scratch

+1

It's much worse now than it was. It needs to be torn down and rebuilt with some common sense involved in the process.

Ken

Archived