TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PDI 2010 GT500

Just curious if the Ford Tech has to take the car out for a test drive after performing the PDI? If he does, how many miles do they have to drive the car? Really didn't want anybody else to drive the car if possible.

Yes as part of the PDI the tech is to drive the vehicle and verify the operation of the vehicle.

......and I believe it has to be 5 consecutive miles for the supercharger to kick in ( if it's right off the truck, of course). Those 5 miles are going to be with me behind the wheel --- already discussed this with the owner of the dealership. Then PDI guy can ride shotgun if he wants!

......and I believe it has to be 5 consecutive miles for the supercharger to kick in ( if it's right off the truck, of course). Those 5 miles are going to be with me behind the wheel --- already discussed this with the owner of the dealership. Then PDI guy can ride shotgun if he wants!

+1

This is exactly what I did.

That's what I did too

interesting

I don't know if my car was pdi'd but I believe I had mine delivered with 10 miles on it, I really can't believe I did not jot this down when I first got it but I was so excited I forgot :(

I really have no idea, I do kind of remember thinking it was a bit much for a brand new car BUT I know the supercharger was not already activated, because I remember when I first heard that sound, it was subtle, more so than I expected but what an experience to first hear that blower!!!!!!

I wish I could go back in time and experience that moment again.

Really special day, minus the down pours hahah

My car had 24 miles on it at delivery, and i was there to see it come off the delivery trailer, so i know the dealer didnt drive it. I drove it with the tech to the gas station to fill it up, but nobody else "drove" it (except on the lot to move it from service bay to the prep shop for all the plastic removal. And I was driving it all by myself about 5 miles later, on the way home, when that supercharger WOKE UP and kicked me right in the ass!!!! LOVED THAT MOMENT!!!

Only another Shelby owner can relate to that feeling...

I followed my car from the trucking yard to the dealership. Watched it unloaded. Supervised the washing of the rig with a brand new wash mit and saved all the stickers and plastic. Then I watched the PDI. Then I drove the car with the salesman down to the gas station to get the first tank of gas....Free.

I kicked in the SC for the first time and......wow was it a great feeling. :shift:

Never will forget that day.

HPIM0015-1.jpg

HPIM0014-1.jpg

HPIM0013-1.jpg

GrabbersRideOffthetruck3-8-07044.jpg

GrabbersRideOffthetruck3-8-07012.jpg

GrabbersRideOffthetruck3-8-07007.jpg

HPIM0015.jpg

HPIM0014.jpg

HPIM0013.jpg

I followed my car from the trucking yard to the dealership. Watched it unloaded. Supervised the washing of the rig with a brand new wash mit and saved all the stickers and plastic. Then I watched the PDI. Then I drove the car with the salesman down to the gas station to get the first tank of gas....Free.

I kicked in the SC for the first time and......wow was it a great feeling. :shift:

Never will forget that day.

HPIM0015-1.jpg

HPIM0014-1.jpg

HPIM0013-1.jpg

GrabbersRideOffthetruck3-8-07044.jpg

GrabbersRideOffthetruck3-8-07012.jpg

GrabbersRideOffthetruck3-8-07007.jpg

HPIM0015.jpg

HPIM0014.jpg

HPIM0013.jpg

If I know when its going to be delivered, I might do the same thing. Definitely will not under any circumstances let a saleman drive my car.

Archived