TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010 GT 500 STOCK DYNO NUMBERS

Just wondering since a few cars are out there( with more coming daily ); if you have dyno'd yours and the results.

The only 2 results I HAVE SEEN SO FAR ARE : EDMUNDS TEST- 511 EVO - 448 ( BOTH RWHP OF COURSE).

MR. ARNING told me the 540 adverised( at the flywheel ) is the minmum - suggesting they are under- rated.

Please chime in if you have info . Thanks !

Just wondering since a few cars are out there( with more coming daily ); if you have dyno'd yours and the results.

The only 2 results I HAVE SEEN SO FAR ARE : EDMUNDS TEST- 511 EVO - 448 ( BOTH RWHP OF COURSE).

MR. ARNING told me the 540 adverised( at the flywheel ) is the minmum - suggesting they are under- rated.

I saw the edmunds test as well and I think either the car was non-stock or like you mentioned, underated by the factory.

If underated, that is one powerful stock mustang. Hell, I got a cold air kit, 2.6 pulley and a tune and am only making 509 rwhp on a hot engine...low for a GT 500 with those mods...that's why I want to know the real deal on the rwhp of the 2010 GT 500. I think evolution's numbers are probably on target.

I can beleive that, Ford/Shelby did it in 1970 with the GT500. They were rated somewhere around 395 and produced something like 425. Tried to find the exact numbers in one of my Mustang/Shelby books, had to guess from memory.

It will be interesting to see what kind of numbers guys post.

Topic is covered here. http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45787

Does anyone know what "best practice" is as far as waiting to dyno a car. Like, should I have XXXX number of miles on it before I dyno it? And will I void any part of MFG Warranty if something goes wrong while on a dyno?

:headscratch:

Sorry if these sound like stupid questions...

Archived