TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Texas Shelby get together in September

sportscars

Saturday September 26th

Meeting up at Landa Park in New Braunfels.

Scenic drive along Devil's Backbone to Blanco. Then stopping in Luchenbach and then on to Salt Lick for some of the best BBQ in Texas. Finishing up at Cabelas in Buda.

Marriott Courtyard River View is the hotel. Use rate code F5X for $110 a night.

Please RSVP if you are coming so I can make parking accommodations at the various stops.

You can either PM me or post here or call me.

Thanks,

Sean

210-885-7326 - cell

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on Texas, let's get this going :) We need to have some driving and burning up of fossil fuels fun before it is taken away or all gone whichever comes first :)

Thats what I don't like about this layout, it gets hidden and nobody sees it. I may start sending out PM's next week if the response doesn't improve.

Thats what I don't like about this layout, it gets hidden and nobody sees it. I may start sending out PM's next week if the response doesn't improve.

You may get a better response with email as some peeps do not get on the board much.

Looks like it will be the 26th.

More details to come.

If you have any ideas/suggestions, let me know - we are still flexible at this point.

Possible drive thru the Hill Country:

Google map

I have a different route we could do Sunday if anyone wants to stay overnight.

Tentative Saturday Schedule:

9-11 am - Meet at Landa Park

11:30 pm - Leave park, drive to San Marcos for light lunch (fast food? group concensus wins)

12:30 pm - Start Devil's Backbone drive

1:15 pm - Short stop/Regather in Blanco

1:30 pm - Leave Blanco and drive to luckenbach

2:15 pm - Arrive in Luckenbach for some shopping and maybe a beer/bathroom break

2:45 pm - Leave Luckenbach for Salt Lick via Wimberly

4:00 pm - Arrive at Salt Lick for dinner

5:30 pm - Leave for Buda (Cabelas)

6:00 pm - Car show at Cabelas until ? or 10pm

Tentative Saturday Schedule:

9-11 am - Meet at Landa Park

11:30 pm - Leave park, drive to San Marcos for light lunch

12:30 pm - Start Devil's Backbone drive

1:30 pm - Short stop/Regather in Blanco

2:00 pm - Leave Blanco and drive to Wimberly

2:30 pm - Arrive in Wimberly for some shopping and maybe a beer

3:30 pm - Leave Wimberly for Salt Lick

4:00 pm Arrive at Salt Lick for dinner

5:30 pm Leave for Buda (Cabelas)

If anyone wants to stay for another day there is another wonderful drive along RR 337 that we can do. Lots of motorcycles on Sundays so it might be kinda fun.

sounds fun I have driven the devils backbone with the bullitt guys... I did not vote on the date being my wife is expecting any day now... If all goes well and I can make it ill be there any date...

congrats on the new little one stripnzinc!!

So, what's the hotel for the Sat evening sleepover?

Maybe a breakfast gathering before heading home :)

Haven't gotten that far yet. I will make some calls.

I called Landa park yesterday and went and looked at it today. I would really like to get an estimate on the number of cars as that makes a huge difference in where we set up the check-in. I have to get with a supervisor to request a "roped off" parking area.

I will try to PM people tonight, but I will be at Schlitterbahn for the next two days. I'll be back late Friday. will try to work on it this weekend also.

Please reach out to anyone you think would be interested.

thanks,

Sean

The 12th is the best for me. not giving up any season tickets. They are too expensive, and I love to go win or lose. (no jokes please, last year was joke enough)

Hey Sean,

Thanks for PM unfortunately 26th we will have a house full of guests for annual NHRA race at Ennis and before that we are in Italy, so going to have to take a rain-check this time.

Do appreciate you working to get Texas crowd together but sure we will see you later in summer... what about a run to Goliad for Texas Mile, entries should be open in next couple of weeks?

Cheers, Dave & Donna.

If the date changes, I'm available most of the month with the exception of Sept 15-23. I'm racing Silver State in Vegas (well..outside Vegas..somewhere...in the desert).

Archived