TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TORONTO AUTO SHOW

kaylan1521

First of all they had absolutely no literature whatsoever on the GT500. there was some stuff on the GT and others but not on our car.

It was on the floor right there. Not on a turntable or behind rope etc. I got to touch it.

Now the kids that Ford hires to talk about the cars need to be more educated. Not sure if it's just Ford or if it is all manufacturers there but I digress.

First thing he told me was that 2000 cars were being built. Originally 200 cars were coming to Canada but that's been bumped up to close to 300. Last thing he told me was that the car was going to be 60,000.00 CDN

I questioned how he knew this since pricing hasn't been disclosed yet and then I got a kick in the back of the leg. The wife was stopping me before I got going on the poor kid. Not like I was going to be mean but I wanted to clear a few things. Neither happened, I just went to the other side and took more pics.

BTW, it was the Red car. Oh, almost forgot, the kid told me that this was the car that was at Barrett Jackson :happy feet:

First of all they had absolutely no literature whatsoever on the GT500. there was some stuff on the GT and others but not on our car.

It was on the floor right there. Not on a turntable or behind rope etc. I got to touch it.

Now the kids that Ford hires to talk about the cars need to be more educated. Not sure if it's just Ford or if it is all manufacturers there but I digress.

First thing he told me was that 2000 cars were being built. Originally 200 cars were coming to Canada but that's been bumped up to close to 300. Last thing he told me was that the car was going to be 60,000.00 CDN

I questioned how he knew this since pricing hasn't been disclosed yet and then I got a kick in the back of the leg. The wife was stopping me before I got going on the poor kid. Not like I was going to be mean but I wanted to clear a few things. Neither happened, I just went to the other side and took more pics.

BTW, it was the Red car. Oh, almost forgot, the kid told me that this was the car that was at Barrett Jackson :happy feet:

Thanks for the update Kaylan, could you get inside???

My SVT dealer told me from the beginning to expect $53k CAN for the coupe. I believe this.

Please post your pics.

KingCobra.

:D

Hi all...........new here. Have been following the board for months now but never registered. Anyways, here are some photos of the red one at Toronto. I went opening day as I have one on order ......since May of 2005 actually on a sales agreement with a local dealer. Car was nice but not final, it even sat higher than a stock yellow GT sitting behind it. I confirm this by sliding some fingers between the tire and rear fender, gap was bigger on the GT500. Oh well.........we'll keep waiting. Here are a few photos from my site as I'm not sure how to post.............feel free to do so here. thanks

www.ultimatemustangs.org

Front page, right side, in 'new in gallery'.

Actually Paul, the Kid was right. The 'Red One' was the the 'FAKE' 07 Shelby that they had at Barrett Jackson. As you well know, the BJ Auction was simply for the 'right' to purchase the First 07 Shelby from FMCO. Big Red was, is, a Decoy.

No price yet for the Shelby either in Canada or the US. My Best Guess, 51000 to 53000 Canadian. Hold me to it! ;)

Hey kiddies just got home.... another late one. I agree this one was real high and inspite of my groveling/pleading for them to pop the hood....no luck. I even stayed until closing again they wouldn't budge. So it was obviously the fake.

I tried to.........to get them to open it up............I even brought proof.........my bill of sale !!!!! No luck :D

I did get under the car at the back which had my wife in a panic. I'm sure it looked kinda funny with this crowd around the car and I was looking under the back of it with my son. Looks like this car hasn't been driven too much. It was real clean under there. here's a few pics. EH!

I had to take a pic of the spec sheet because it lists it as a 2006

Hey SVT, I see you have alot of pics of OSCA events. Who and where to you hang with there. I run in the 11.90 index and hang with quite a few of the guys there.

post-1973-1140889762_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140889810_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140889883_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140889980_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140890052_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140889762_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140889810_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140889883_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140889980_thumb.jpg

post-1973-1140890052_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the post, Kaylan! :beerchug:

Hey Crispy I have a lot of snowmobile friends from New Hampshire.

SOBs always bragging about not having to pay sales Tax for their new machines!

I guess that'll hold true for Your new Shelby? :yup:

That is the truth! And that's why I call it my favorite state in the U.S. :rockon::wub::yup:

2006? Someone screwed up. That second to last pic sure does show the ride height. Maybe it's the upcoming AWD 40th Anniversary Rally Edition?

AWD 40th Anniversary Rally Edition.... :lol2:

Thanks for the great pics Kaylan.

Did you happen to notice, or does anyone know...

is the interior roof felt lined or some thing different???

What do you think of lining it in black leather???

KingCobra.

That's an interesting question. I have an interior shot that didn't turn out too well but I'll check it anyway and let you know. The dash was plastic inspite of the upgraded interior. This detail I did notice.

Archived