TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What should I ask?

Rednels

Hello all,

I recently found out that I have cancer. It was quite a shock since Im only 32. The prognosis was good so I dont think its life threatening :)

Unfortunately, I cant afford to keep my shelby and my viper, so the shelby must go.

It has a whipple 3.4 with a bunch of supporting mods. Its an 08 vert thats completely loaded with 5000 miles.

What should I ask for it?? I have no idea where to start with todays market......

Hello all,

I recently found out that I have cancer. It was quite a shock since Im only 32. The prognosis was good so I dont think its life threatening :)

Unfortunately, I cant afford to keep my shelby and my viper, so the shelby must go.

It has a whipple 3.4 with a bunch of supporting mods. Its an 08 vert thats completely loaded with 5000 miles.

What should I ask for it?? I have no idea where to start with todays market......

Sorry to hear about the cancer. I thought I had it last year and took the doctors two months to tell me otherwise. That was a stressful time. Glad you are being optimistic though!

Regarding your question I would think $45-50K.

Where in TN are you? I live in Memphis. If you are close we should get together.

I'm really sorry to hear that man :(

How'd you find out? Just a regular checkup or something else?

Docs thought I had a brain tumor a few years ago... turned out it wasn't but I can empathize with you... I was 34 at the time.

For your car, I would say you should be able to get 40k out of it since it's got the blower, maybe more for the right buyer... but you might be better returning it to stock and parting out the go-fast goodies.

Take care man!

Hello all,

I'm sorry to hear of this. I will pray for your healing. I know how you feel.

Tomorrow is 3 years since my Stage II Melanoma Cancer surgerys.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=10707&hl=

What kind do you have?

Thanks for all the kinds words guys.

I have Thyroid cancer. I have been told by 2 different doctors that if you had to choose a kind of cancel to get, this is it (sounds kinda funny)

This is one of those really tough decisions....between the shelby and viper. The only reason im keeping the viper is because I track that car and the shelby just doest get it done on a road race track.

My dad is thinking about buying the shelby(I hope he does becaue I will lose money on it and at least someone close to me could benifit from it :)

SO, do you all think its worth the trouble to return it to stock and sell the parts seperately?

As long as you keep a lot of the stock parts I would say yes. I wouldnt waste the time on small ticket items (LCA's ect..) I know from the prices I have seen on stock used cars I would make a lot more money selling all the good stuff on my own and letting the car go for less. Hell I have seen kb cars with low miles sell in the very very low 40's

Good luck with everything!

Sorry about the news. I had to have a bone marrow and a kidney transplant in 04 and 05. They gave me 34 months then, but I am still around. Keep the positive attitude up your good to go. I`ll say a prayer for you. As for the sale.... I hope your dad buys it, but anyone else, 40k minimum. Good luck.

A buddy of mine also had thyroid cancer and is now completely healthy and in remission. He was also told if you have to have cancer, this is the type of cancer you want to get. Best of luck to you and I hope your Dad takes the car. Get healthy soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived