TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Replaced my sideview mirrors with Agent47 !! The drivers came out perfect and as my luck the passenger is screwed as my luck goes. It had a run in it and as it was hung to dry the wire hold ing it came loose and it dropped. So fixing that mess but to paint it as you see in the pic's is dupli-color spray can and then shot with clear its non-yellowing and enamel paint. My other mirrors were on for about a year and no problems with the paint.

post-18733-1248236106_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1248236276_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1248236106_thumb.jpg

post-18733-1248236276_thumb.jpg

Looks good Racer. How did the mirror motor swap go? Was it tricky at all?

Ken

It was a breeze the hardest part is not dropping your wrench down the door panel!!! Which, I did of course :cry: it's amazing that it takes no time at all to paint them the paint dry's within 10 minutes. The clear is super hard, I used on the lower part of my bumper in the front and so far no chips or flaking. Why pay a body shop

I will have pics by tomorrow nite hopefully!! Like, I stated before whenever i paint something in 2's the first one comes out great and the second becomes a nitemare. Last night me and my neighbor spent a good 3hr's on the mirror trying to get the paint off and fix the scrapes from dropping it. Finally, I gave up and my neighbor took it home the next day my first call was to dave at Agent 47 told him about my mess and he shipped me out another passenger mirror. Later that day my buddy comes back with my mirror it was back to factory spec's, I paint it then spray the clear. Now it's 3hr's later outside drying, I touch a spot it hard so the next step install the motor so the mirror is place on a towel. I finish the motor pick up the mirror which was resting on it side and it has the impression of the towel across the side. I flipped out this mirror just doesn't want to be installed. So, I took out my tool that has a woodin roller and wheel the side down as best as possible and respray clear over the wrinkles. It worked the wrinkles vanished so it's now sit on the bench in my garage till the morning so lets see what it has turned into. I have the backup in route so if all fails the other one will be painted anyway.

Thanks for the thumbs up!!

Archived