TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What exhaust for my 2010?!

I don't know what cat/axle-back exhaust to put on...I sent Borla an email to let me know when their 2010 GT500 exhaust comes out...I have heard that Corsa is good (sport, ultimate touring, extreme -- which one?). FRPP has a few choices?? Help me out?? My main deal is drone...I want no drone if possible, or as little as possible but a great deep, throaty sound.

Scott

I don't know what cat/axle-back exhaust to put on...I sent Borla an email to let me know when their 2010 GT500 exhaust comes out...I have heard that Corsa is good (sport, ultimate touring, extreme -- which one?). FRPP has a few choices?? Help me out?? My main deal is drone...I want no drone if possible, or as little as possible but a great deep, throaty sound.

Scott

We were discussing exhausts at our mustang Club meeting this past Sunday and one GT owner/couple who just made a change (type/mod unknown) just made their first trip out of town with the car and are very disappointed with the noise and drone at cruise speed. They had not noticed it around town but got back home with headaches and not very happy with the change they had made.

I have heard this type of story before. I also would like deeper/louder exhaust note when accelerating but not the constant annoying drone. this should be a good thread.

Steve

Several TS members have used the "KR" exhaust and it has no drove. For 07 - 09 the FRPP part number is M-5230-S

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=10563

LOTS of threads within TS forums on this. Deaper, throatier note.

FRPP has modified this for the 2010. FRPP part number M-5320-SA. Powder-coated and tips extended to fit the 2010.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=11109

Not exactly the KR exhaust, but close. The KR has an H-pipe while the GT500 has an x-pipe. TS member Grabber installed the h-pipe and KR exhaust in his 07 500 and it sounds AWESOME!!!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=41998&hl=

Exactly what I want mine to sound like.

There are LOTS of sound clips in YouTube as well. Just search on GT500 Exhaust and you'll find several.

Several TS members have used the "KR" exhaust and it has no drove. For 07 - 09 the FRPP part number is M-5230-S

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=10563

LOTS of threads within TS forums on this. Deaper, throatier note.

FRPP has modified this for the 2010. FRPP part number M-5320-SA. Powder-coated and tips extended to fit the 2010.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_...tKeyField=11109

Not exactly the KR exhaust, but close. The KR has an H-pipe while the GT500 has an x-pipe. TS member Grabber installed the h-pipe and KR exhaust in his 07 500 and it sounds AWESOME!!!

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...ic=41998&hl=

Exactly what I want mine to sound like.

There are LOTS of sound clips in YouTube as well. Just search on GT500 Exhaust and you'll find several.

I think that sound would be great! Would the fact that the 2010 Gt500 has a x-pipe make any sound/drone difference (versus the KR h-pipe)? And the FRPP for the 2010 has a 3.5" tip...I like the look of the 4" tips that the stock system has...

I think that sound would be great! Would the fact that the 2010 Gt500 has a x-pipe make any sound/drone difference (versus the KR h-pipe)? And the FRPP for the 2010 has a 3.5" tip...I like the look of the 4" tips that the stock system has...

If it ever comes............I already have set up American Racing LTs with catted X and the 2010 KR Axle back set

I have the magnaflow muffler deletes and I love the sound.

Is there a drone? I like the stock interior sound of my 2010 gt500 but want more sound outside. What was the price?

Is there a drone? I like the stock interior sound of my 2010 gt500 but want more sound outside. What was the price?

x2 on the Magnaflows...I had them on my Trailblazer SS and loved the sound...I just want no drone. What about Corsa?

Scott

Have you decided what you're going with?? I've been checking all the forums and it doesnt seem like anyone has done any exhaust work yet to the new 2010's except EVO. We need some pics and sound bites............so get those LT's and KRs!!!!! :poke:

Be the First!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you decided what you're going with?? I've been checking all the forums and it doesnt seem like anyone has done any exhaust work yet to the new 2010's except EVO. We need some pics and sound bites............so get those LT's and KRs!!!!! :poke:

Be the First!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have the magnaflow muffler deletes on mine, I will try to get video up soon.

I want to see that video!

Hey mixxer (anyone), which Magnaflow axle back do you recommend...there seems to be three...4x9x14 muffler w/4" tips, 5x5x11 muffler w/3.5" tips (magnapack), and the muffler delete. And I have heard both good and bad about the Corsa system...some love the sound and some don't like the Corsa system (says it sounds better for GM vehicles). Borla has not released its 2010 version for the GT500...I have heard that Borla sounds the best but is the worst for drone...I want Borla type sound with no drone...and I love the 4" tip look that is stock on the 2010. Help!

Scott

Don't you like the sound of the stock pipes. They have improved the sound quality and they do have the 4 inch exhaust tipes, all the other have 3.5 inch. Just curious.

Which is suppose to be better, the "H" pipe or the "X" pipe.

What about Bassani? I have JBA Headers, Bassani from headers back on my 01 Cobra. I was thinking about the same set up on the 2010. I'm not going to upgrade the headers just yet..I'll wait till I get my Whipple, but Bassani was always hight quality and think it will sound good with the X-pipe and cat back. Does anyone have Bassani on their 07+GT500?

I wonder why they didn't stick with the factory 4"tips on the magnaflows.......

I'm hoping at some point the manufacturers will catch onto the fact that the 2010's have 4" tips and offer those too, so they fill out the space as well as the stock ones do. I do like the sound of the stock pipes, but a little more volume/bite might be nice, without being obnoxious.

I'm hoping at some point the manufacturers will catch onto the fact that the 2010's have 4" tips and offer those too, so they fill out the space as well as the stock ones do. I do like the sound of the stock pipes, but a little more volume/bite might be nice, without being obnoxious.

I couldn't agree with you more! It seems that most of the aftermarket exhaust makers haven't figured out that the 2010 has 4" tips! That is why I haven't jumped on ANY exhaust for my 2010...I don't want to go down in tip size and not fill out the holes left by the Shelby/SVT team for the exhaust tips. I think that Corsa has 4" tips as well as one of the Magnaflows (not all). Everyone else including FRPP has 3.5 tips.????????

I couldn't agree with you more! It seems that most of the aftermarket exhaust makers haven't figured out that the 2010 has 4" tips! That is why I haven't jumped on ANY exhaust for my 2010...I don't want to go down in tip size and not fill out the holes left by the Shelby/SVT team for the exhaust tips. I think that Corsa has 4" tips as well as one of the Magnaflows (not all). Everyone else including FRPP has 3.5 tips.????????

You know, the more I read, and see- seems our friends at Ford have done much more than the "visible" tweaks, CAI, and exterior/interior refresh... Many of the cars parts have been improved, updtaed, upgraded... Some vendors are saying "I dont see why it WOULDN'T fit" - Its basically the KR... that's just not really true...

Tread lightly and cautiously and make sure everything you buy is returnable if it doesn't fit correctly.

You know, the more I read, and see- seems our friends at Ford have done much more than the "visible" tweaks, CAI, and exterior/interior refresh... Many of the cars parts have been improved, updtaed, upgraded... Some vendors are saying "I dont see why it WOULDN'T fit" - Its basically the KR... that's just not really true...

Tread lightly and cautiously and make sure everything you buy is returnable if it doesn't fit correctly.

Great advice...that makes sense.

Pics too if you can........I'm thinking there can't be too noticable of a difference between the 3.5" and 4" tip..........but I'd definitely like to see if it fills the space good enough. The KR's only have 3.5" and thats what I'm going with. It would be nice to compare with this pic......

post-25336-1248809063_thumb.jpg

post-25336-1248809063_thumb.jpg

I've done a little more looking around recently. There are several aftermarket 4" tipped muffler deletes. If you want the 4" tip from magneflow looks like you will have to go cat-back for around $700 ish. Flowmaster had some mufflers around $300 ish (don't recall exact prices), that had 4" tips too.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/10-Ford-Mus...sQ5fAccessories

Cheap ones w/ 4" tips...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/pypes-2005-g...-axel-back.html

Archived