TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wanting to buy a Shelby GT

TacRunner

Hello all - I'm new to the Forums. A buddy of mine has a 07 SGT and it is smoking! And because of that I bought a 2010 Mustang for my wife. But I have been seriously bitten by the Shelby Bug and I want one of my own.

I just recently found a 2008 Shelby GT (not sure of anything else) in Grabber Orange with 2900 miles on it. i love the color and I really want one but the dealer is asking 42,500$ for it and I keep seeing them on here and Ebay for 29-36k. So I come to you asking for advice and suggestions on if this is a good deal or not.

I have attached a pic of it and the Shelby Number is 08 SGT #0165

post-25713-1248210428_thumb.jpg

post-25713-1248210428_thumb.jpg

That's WAY too much money for an SGT. I bought mine new 9 months ago for $10k less than they're asking.

Shop around man. They're either black or white (2007). Or blue, orange, or black with red stripes (2008). You shouldn't be paying even $30k for a used one right now.

Ken

Check your local Craigslist and Autotrader first, stay away from evilbay.....

+1

I've had one very bad experience with purchasing a used car on eBay. I strongly advise against buying a car before driving/seeing/touching it first.

Good luck.

Ken

I purchased mine NEW, 35 miles on it from a dealer in CA on E-BAY in Dec 08. Was a easy buy. I paid $34K. You can fly to the dealer and drive yourself and save money. CA still has Grabber Orange SGT on thier lots. You should not pay more than $35K for new

Hello all - I'm new to the Forums. A buddy of mine has a 07 SGT and it is smoking! And because of that I bought a 2010 Mustang for my wife. But I have been seriously bitten by the Shelby Bug and I want one of my own.

I just recently found a 2008 Shelby GT (not sure of anything else) in Grabber Orange with 2900 miles on it. i love the color and I really want one but the dealer is asking 42,500$ for it and I keep seeing them on here and Ebay for 29-36k. So I come to you asking for advice and suggestions on if this is a good deal or not.

Sit tight, i'm checking on one for you.... I'll post back.

Do not push the buy it now button on that car. I bought my Grabber Orange Shelby in February of this year from a dealership in CA and shipped to the East Coast. I paid $31,500 for my car with 25 miles, never registered. It was found on Ebay but not purchaced through Ebay. I called the dealership directly. The car was bought without me driving it or viewing it other than the photos provided on Ebay. It was a chance I took but it was a new car with a warranty. I had looked at GT's locally but never driven a S197 only fox bodies. My advice find a new one they are out there, you will not regret your purchace unless you hate attention. Good luck in you quest.

Do your research on the car, get to know the history. Some honest salesmen will tell you everything such as how long it has been on the lot, their minimum price.

If you can, take it for a spin.

Try out both automatic and standard, find your favourite.

Welcome to TS, don't know where in California you're at, but I was surfing around craigs for a motorcycle today, and then jumper over to cars and there is a black SGT for 29k in Belmont (Bay Area), so check the SF BayArea craigslist.

Napa Ford also has a brand new black one..

Good luck, and keep us posted.

BTW, Grabber is pretty cool in the SGT, I find it looks better on that car than the 500, just my .02

Wow, thanks all.

The Salesman is a good guy but the GM at the dealer is a little flaky. I am in the market but I'm going to take my time. I'll call the one up in Citrus Ford to see what they are asking.

Is there anything I need to be looking for specifically, when I see these wonderful machines? Oh and was Shelby GT produced in 2009? If so is there a place I can get the build numbers (maybe I can get a 09 GO SGT) but and 08 is good too.

+1

You can allways send a PM to Michael Morris on this forum. He is OUR 'family connection' here on the forum, and an Auto Dealer.

2006 - 2007 Shelby GT-H (Hertz - Black with Gold stripes)

2007 (approx 7,xxx) Shelby GTs - either Black or White w/Silver stripes

2008 (approx 2,5xx) Shelby GTs - Mostly Vista Blue w/Silver Stripes - Also released in Convertible versions for 2008

(Even more rare for 2008 are: 219 GO w/Silver Shelby GT-C "Callifornia", and 100 Black w/Red "Barrett Jackson")

2009 - No Shelby GTs were built

Now - you could always go and get a stock 2005-2009 Mustang GT for a steal if you can do that - pick your own color and then go to Shelby Performance Parts and order up the CS8 Turn1 kit for about $8,000 (plus shipping/tax/labor/paint) then build your own, very unique/rare Shelby Mustang. The CS8 kits are very similar to the Shelby GT upgrades, but come with big brakes, 20" wheels and some other subtle differences. The CS6/CS8 kits were developed and released prior to the Shelby GT-H was put into production.

Lots of choices - now that you've caught the 'Shelby' flu - wait until you get one, and started on your list of modifications! :drool:

I'm still throwing around the idea of building a CS8 myself - or - getting a 2005-2009 V6 mustang and having Shelby Autos build a Terlingua Racing Mustang for me, which are going to be even more rare.

Lots of options out there - We'll all be here, on Team Shelby, to ensure that you're headed in the right direction, or that what you are looking at is authentic and legit.

Good luck on your next steps to becoming a Shelby owner. :superhero:

Trevor

+1

You can allways send a PM to Michael Morris on this forum. He is OUR 'family connection' here on the forum, and an Auto Dealer.

2006 - 2007 Shelby GT-H (Hertz - Black with Gold stripes)

2007 (approx 7,xxx) Shelby GTs - either Black or White w/Silver stripes

2008 (approx 2,5xx) Shelby GTs - Mostly Vista Blue w/Silver Stripes - Also released in Convertible versions for 2008

(Even more rare for 2008 are: 219 GO w/Silver Shelby GT-C "Callifornia", and 100 Black w/Red "Barrett Jackson")

2009 - No Shelby GTs were built

Now - you could always go and get a stock 2005-2009 Mustang GT for a steal if you can do that - pick your own color and then go to Shelby Performance Parts and order up the CS8 Turn1 kit for about $8,000 (plus shipping/tax/labor/paint) then build your own, very unique/rare Shelby Mustang. The CS8 kits are very similar to the Shelby GT upgrades, but come with big brakes, 20" wheels and some other subtle differences. The CS6/CS8 kits were developed and released prior to the Shelby GT-H was put into production.

Lots of choices - now that you've caught the 'Shelby' flu - wait until you get one, and started on your list of modifications! :drool:

I'm still throwing around the idea of building a CS8 myself - or - getting a 2005-2009 V6 mustang and having Shelby Autos build a Terlingua Racing Mustang for me, which are going to be even more rare.

Lots of options out there - We'll all be here, on Team Shelby, to ensure that you're headed in the right direction, or that what you are looking at is authentic and legit.

Good luck on your next steps to becoming a Shelby owner. :superhero:

Trevor

Now my head is spining lol :drool:

Thanks for all that info. I have a wrinkle in my plan, I'm in the Service and got the call for a year deployment. :banghead: I volunteer way to much. So I might have to put this on hold due to I don't have a great place to store a car. I could use a car cover but that makes my heart cringe. I would need a garage to storage it right or at a minium a carport.

With the market the way it is, how aviable have the Shelby GT been per-say? And with the CS-8, if I wasn't able to snag a 09 before I left, does anyone know if that CS-8 package going to be offered to the 10's+?

I'm sorry for sounding all confused, but I am almost totally lost in my decision. I am not one for making rash decisions. I don't want a GT500 because its to much car for my own good :shift:. I love being in my Car club - it has truly changed my life; meet alot of great people and have made some great friends (like my buddy known on this forum as Shipmodeler) I caught the Shelby Flu from him.

This is what I know; I love the Grabber Orange Paint job and I want a Shelby Mustang. (I have since I was a kid). I have thought of what the 2010 Terlingua Package would look like on my wifes Pony, but she is going to build her Barbie dream mustang :doh: so I'm getting my own.

Where is the "smilie" for running around with my head chopped off; thats how I feel now.

Tac. If you are going to get a Grabber Orange SGT you must know what to look for. First all Graber SGT's have an actual CS signiture on the passenger visor. Next the Grabber SGT is a California Edition car so your door sill plates should say SHELBY GT-C with the CSM # on them. Also make sure you have the original floor mats that Shelby installed, well if they aren't the original theer is nothing you can do because they only made one set per car. Anyways I hope this helps.

Make sure the car has the Interior Upgrade Package! I'm not sure if could be ordered otherwise and for $42K it better have Nav too! My car, an 07, with EVERYTHING, heated seats, alarm, Nav was $41K. I only say that because I have seen people get cars with cloth seats, when they are supposed to all be leather, and no IUP, for a price they could have bought the same car but fully optioned.

BTW: Saying $42K, is a "markdown" price, even if with Nav etc., is outrageous IMHO! More like they took their ADM off the car which is why they have been sitting on it so long.

Go in and take a picture of the Ford Sticker and post!

Good luck!

Make sure the car has the Interior Upgrade Package! I'm not sure if could be ordered otherwise and for $42K it better have Nav too! My car, an 07, with EVERYTHING, heated seats, alarm, Nav was $41K. I only say that because I have seen people get cars with cloth seats, when they are supposed to all be leather, and no IUP, for a price they could have bought the same car but fully optioned.

BTW: Saying $42K, is a "markdown" price, even if with Nav etc., is outrageous IMHO! More like they took their ADM off the car which is why they have been sitting on it so long.

Go in and take a picture of the Ford Sticker and post!

Good luck!

Jeff, thanks for the help and I'll go back and look into it more.

I thought it was 56XX.......07s that is.

you are correct. i am in florida right now but have that information at my office. i know only because at one point i was trying to get the last one. and it was 56??. i contacted sai and they told me it was the second to last one so i passed.

Too expensive considering its really 2 yrs old.

Blue is the faster color and I know at least 4 for sale in Florida at dealerships.

Archived