TEAM SHELBY FORUM

WTF is WRONG with people?

So on the way to work this morning I'm in the inner lane when a silver GMC Envoy forces his way over into my lane without a signal. :redcard: He did this because there was a broken-down car partially blocking his lane: however, he didn't wait for me to yield if I chose to do so, and my front bumper was even with the center of his vehicle. I had to hit the brakes and retreat into the turn lane to avoid hitting the jerk. I braked hard and laid on the horn :rant2: to which he flips me off, :fool: and pulls back into his lane after passing the broken vehicle.

Less than a mile down the road where the road widens to three driving lanes rather than two, a woman in a Saturn Sky cuts over in front of him from the right causing him to brake. The a$$hole blows his horn and flips her off. :D Less than a mile down the road she somewhat does the same to me. It took a mile or so for traffic to be such that he could get along side of her, and when he did he threw a cup of liquid on her car. It looked like it could be either coffee or tobacco spit. :nonono: If he'd done that to me I'd likely be in jail right now, but WTF is wrong with people? :headscratch:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

basically they are a$$h :censored: ......no one has any respect anymore........

when (if) I get flipped off.....I blow them kisses.........

you wanna see some d bag blow a gasket........try it sometime........

I figure I am providing a public service cause the rage definately takes time off their clock....... :hysterical:

So on the way to work this morning I'm in the inner lane when a silver GMC Envoy forces his way over into my lane without a signal. :redcard: He did this because there was a broken-down car partially blocking his lane: however, he didn't wait for me to yield if I chose to do so, and my front bumper was even with the center of his vehicle. I had to hit the brakes and retreat into the turn lane to avoid hitting the jerk. I braked hard and laid on the horn :rant2: to which he flips me off, :fool: and pulls back into his lane after passing the broken vehicle.

Less than a mile down the road where the road widens to three driving lanes rather than two, a woman in a Saturn Sky cuts over in front of him from the right causing him to brake. The a$$hole blows his horn and flips her off. :D Less than a mile down the road she somewhat does the same to me. It took a mile or so for traffic to be such that he could get along side of her, and when he did he threw a cup of liquid on her car. It looked like it could be either coffee or tobacco spit. :nonono: If he'd done that to me I'd likely be in jail right now, but WTF is wrong with people? :headscratch:

I deal with all kinds of crap every single day on the route I take going back and forth to work and I have seen alot of people looking down texting on their phones lately as well..... :finger: Road rage is increasing.... :doh: I've had a few people flip me off after blowing my horn because they were either sleeping or braking at a GREEN LIGHT.... :poke: Glad your made it safely SD.... :)

Its Cell Phones mostly............. I would bet that the Guy was talking on his Cell Phone when he Cut you off and She was talking on her Cell Phone when she cut him off............ That would be my bet. I made up my mind long ago not to hit Brakes for Jerks like that. So far, everyone that has tried to bully their way into my Lane learned that I was NOT giving up my spot for them and had to hit their Brakes. One guy followed me and when I got out with a Bat, he hauled ass. I have had it with the Bully Drivers and the Idiot Cell Phone Users who do not pay attention to what they are doing. Sorry for the Rant...........

People nowadays are in love with themselves and think they are the only person who matters. Everybody else is just in their way as they are more important. They have a sense of superiority and entitlement and feel it is their right to be rude and boorish. The toilet needs flushing.

Sounds like my daily commute on the Long Island Expressway! :lurk:

:hysterical:

One time on the LIE while stuck in traffic, a guy pulled up next to me in a big truck, smoking a cigarette, and flicked it out his window, INTO my car, and it landed, still lit, on my passenger seat! Luckily I wan't in the Shelby, or I'd make him regret it for the rest of his life.

Don't think he did it on purpose though, but still... come on buddy. Watch what you're doing.

Since everyone is on their soap box...I'll add a pet peeve. drivers who drive 10 to 20 miles an hour under the speed limit in town or on the highway. The minimum speed limit should have been raised when the they incraesed the speed limits on the interstates. When the limit was 55 the minimum was 45. Now that the limit is 75, in ND, the minimum is still 45. These people back up traffic and cause multi car accidents. Don't even get me started on combines or farm equipment on the interstates and 4 lane highways!!! I witness near misses all the time.

It is bad and appears to be getting worse everyday. The world has become full of self-centered, self-absorbed people that only live for the moment and don't give a flying f*%& about anyone but themselves. You think drivers are bad while your in your Shelby? Try this social experiment... I have personally experienced a marked difference of driver's attitudes (negitive) when I'm driving my Smart car. I will get cutoff 5 times to 1 in my Smart vs when I'm in my Supersnake, GT/SC, or Marauder.

Zero courtesy; and not just on the road either. I go for walks in the evening with a friend and if there is another couple or group walking towards us on the sidewalk, I will fall behind my friend in a single file in order to allow those coming at us to also do the same and pass us. 99% of the time, the opposing parties do not get into a single file which forces us to then move off the sidewalk and onto someone's lawn in order to pass without bumping into each other.

Holding a door open for someone nowdays? Forget about it. People act like they are somesort of king or queen and have an attitude like they expect doors to be opened for them. Forget saying thank you, they just walk past me like I'm somesort of POS doorman or something.

Waiting for a someone to pull out of a parking spot in a jammed up shopping center parking lot? I know that you are waiting for this spot, I know that the parking lot is jammed and that you are holding up others who can't pass you until I pull out and you park, but I have the spot and I'm going to take my sweet ass time primping, texting, or whatever I want to do before I give you this spot.

I could go on and on... :banghead:

It is bad down here in Miami also, honestly the cell phone while driving is the biggest issue down here, some people obviously can't do two things at the same time. There should be a national ban on driving while talking on the cell phone except if you have a ear piece. Snake glad all is well though.

Since everyone is on their soap box...I'll add a pet peeve. drivers who drive 10 to 20 miles an hour under the speed limit in town or on the highway. The minimum speed limit should have been raised when the they incraesed the speed limits on the interstates. When the limit was 55 the minimum was 45. Now that the limit is 75, in ND, the minimum is still 45. These people back up traffic and cause multi car accidents. Don't even get me started on combines or farm equipment on the interstates and 4 lane highways!!! I witness near misses all the time.

You could use this sign...

fastlane.jpg

Its Cell Phones mostly............. I would bet that the Guy was talking on his Cell Phone when he Cut you off and She was talking on her Cell Phone when she cut him off............ That would be my bet. I made up my mind long ago not to hit Brakes for Jerks like that. So far, everyone that has tried to bully their way into my Lane learned that I was NOT giving up my spot for them and had to hit their Brakes. One guy followed me and when I got out with a Bat, he hauled ass. I have had it with the Bully Drivers and the Idiot Cell Phone Users who do not pay attention to what they are doing. Sorry for the Rant...........

I agree 1000%. I related the story last week where a young girl, on a cell phone, in the Focus, backed out of a parking stall in to me, not my car, my leg. :censored: She put the car in drive and started to drive off before somebody stopped her. She was very upset that she had to get off of the phone. She never asked if I was okay or apolgized. I'm afraid some of the people in that parking lot learned a few new wordks that day.

My pet peeve is when I am the only person on the road, not another car behind me for miles and someone just has to pull out in front of me oblivious to me and make me hit the brakes. I usually pull right up on their bumper if in the truck and put my brights on them. What gives them the right? As for when we are out walking or at the mall I just plow right into them. I do not move for any inconsiderate a$$holes anymore.

ORRRRR, you are on a Road where the Two Lanes merge into One and there is a car in the Lane that has to Merge and it is Behind you, no other Cars within 100 Yards. The Driver speeds up to try to get in front but does not quit have the Room and gets pissed at you because YOU did not jam on your Brakes to let them Merge in front of you when they had plenty of room to fall in behind you.

It is bad and appears to be getting worse everyday. The world has become full of self-centered, self-absorbed people that only live for the moment and don't give a flying f*%& about anyone but themselves. You think drivers are bad while your in your Shelby? Try this social experiment... I have personally experienced a marked difference of driver's attitudes (negitive) when I'm driving my Smart car. I will get cutoff 5 times to 1 in my Smart vs when I'm in my Supersnake, GT/SC, or Marauder.

Zero courtesy; and not just on the road either. I go for walks in the evening with a friend and if there is another couple or group walking towards us on the sidewalk, I will fall behind my friend in a single file in order to allow those coming at us to also do the same and pass us. 99% of the time, the opposing parties do not get into a single file which forces us to then move off the sidewalk and onto someone's lawn in order to pass without bumping into each other.

Holding a door open for someone nowdays? Forget about it. People act like they are somesort of king or queen and have an attitude like they expect doors to be opened for them. Forget saying thank you, they just walk past me like I'm somesort of POS doorman or something.

Waiting for a someone to pull out of a parking spot in a jammed up shopping center parking lot? I know that you are waiting for this spot, I know that the parking lot is jammed and that you are holding up others who can't pass you until I pull out and you park, but I have the spot and I'm going to take my sweet ass time primping, texting, or whatever I want to do before I give you this spot.

I could go on and on... :banghead:

I hear ya on the walking: however, I'm 6'3.5" at 285, and I don't yield into the grass. My wife single files behind me, and then lets me clear the bath like a good tackle should. :hysterical:

GM drivers is the issue!

:hysterical::hysterical:

I hear ya on the walking: however, I'm 6'3.5" at 285, and I don't yield into the grass. My wife single files behind me, and then lets me clear the bath like a good tackle should. :hysterical:

:hysterical::hysterical:

I never tailgate, especially in the SGT. Sometimes people will take advantage of that (More often than not).

In California, there is a no cell phone, texting etc law since last January, I think. As time goes on, more and more people disregaurd and I think it's worse now than before the law. If I was LEO, I'd be nailing people all the time for that. I think it's the single biggest issue.

Don't let other peoples' behavior, good or bad, affect your mindset. That gives away way too much power to others... JMHO

Dan

I am convinced that 85% of the population are incompetent rude, selfish, arrogant, (etc., etc.) idiots while the remaining 15% are kind, generous, caring and would give you the shirt off their back. I try to focus on the people who have gone the extra mile to be nice and try (I say try) to overlook the idiots and do something nice for someone else.

Check on the mindset Dan........I continue to endeavor to achieve the zen state you speak of........so far I am a work in progress.........

we have had the same law in NJ for 2 years, at first they couldnt pull you over for just that and

then they upgraded it a year or so ago to a "pulloverable" violation.

Makes no difference, it is everywhere.everyday.on every road.

If I see a car that cant stay in its lane, or is going 15-20 mph too slow in the fast lane or cars blatently cutting off others....

WITHOUT EXCEPTION.........WHEN I GET CLOSER OR PASS THEM, IT IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ON THE PHONE! :finger:

I'm a little shorter and a little heavier. I've spun plenty of people who did not want to "share" the walkway and surprisingly have been told "excuse me" many times after it happend. :headscratch:

I am also learning that people do not see red. My DD is a red 06 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4 Duramax and i have had many people pull out in front of me in this truck, a situation I have never experienced before. My wife rarely rides with me but one day after the 3rd person pulled out in front of my truck in the 20 or so miles to town, even she takes notice and comments on how people can not see the truck. I'm assuming there are a lot of color blind people out there.

What really tops it all is the other day going into Dallas, a bird smacks my truck! I did not hit it, it hit me! WTF? I drive a 7000lb truck and nothing can see it. I have achieved invisibility!!

Archived