TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Car Cover

Hey guys will i be able to get car cover soon and where can i order it. I got my vin# 1zvbp8js2a5137400 and i see the window sticker now. unfortunately my dealer (who assured me everthing was correct when ordered) didnt order the car cover. i think the car is being built now and i want the cover by the time car gets here. ? 1st or 2nd week aug. I've put a couple calls into my dealer and all they keep saying is we'll look into it and call u back. They never do. :banghead: thanks in advance

Hey guys will i be able to get car cover soon and where can i order it. I got my vin# 1zvbp8js2a5137400 and i see the window sticker now. unfortunately my dealer (who assured me everthing was correct when ordered) didnt order the car cover. i think the car is being built now and i want the cover by the time car gets here. ? 1st or 2nd week aug. I've put a couple calls into my dealer and all they keep saying is we'll look into it and call u back. They never do. :banghead: thanks in advance

you'll get plenty of advice on this one.From posts i see here,i dont think the Shelby cover is really a cover you'd leave in the rain,plus apparently its a little cumbersome.If youre planning on leaving the car outside in the elemnents often, you should get a good cover that keeps the rain out, lets the cover breathe,and you can tie down to keep the wind from blowing it off.Compnaies like Californial Car covers have great covers for 300+.

If its just to keep the cats and kids away from a garaged car that sees rain occassionally,and dont want to spring for the big bucks.Costco carries a cover by CarCovers for $25--theyre also on ebay.I have several cars that I drive only when it doesnt rain and use that cover

Yeah for sure...from what I've read the car cover isn't much to fuss over...just skip it unless as Torched10 said..you plan on locking the Shelby up in the winter for storage for just dust protection, etc. Most people that got them have thrown them in the closet and don't really intend on using them.

If I had it to do over again (which oddly enough...I DO NOW!) I would forget about the $375 for the car cover and get the HID lights for $525 instead. Much better investment from my standpoint.

Thanks. I'll have to look into alternatives. I got the hid's and nav package. I dont really plan on driving the car in bad weather. It will be kept in a garage but its a community garage of 24 spaces. mostly just want a quality cover to protect from other people getting to close when i'm not around.

Thanks. I'll have to look into alternatives. I got the hid's and nav package. I dont really plan on driving the car in bad weather. It will be kept in a garage but its a community garage of 24 spaces. mostly just want a quality cover to protect from other people getting to close when i'm not around.

If security is an issue,there are covers that are lockable,where you can lock sides togethter so folks cant pull the cover off--Calif Covers should have them

Archived