TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

Looking Great Dan!!! What a huge difference from when you first got her. I am glad everything worked out. :happy feet:

I hope you and Marji have a great Christmas in Rome!!!

Alex

Thanks Alex. As one of the top car guys I know, I respect your opinions very much.

Marji canceled Rome yesterday. Her moms cancer is back and more aggressive then we expected so she's having surgery this week and not after the Holidays as first scheduled. So we decided to stay close to home for family support.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan,

I sure hope and pray that your mother in law gets better. Let us know how she does.

About the car. Is this problem with the front tires being off centered a new problem? Are all the other CSX cars built like this? Why did things not fit up ? I guess I don't understand how the body did not fit the chassis. Are new engineered drawings being done to prevent this from happening again?

Sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, lets hope she does well.

It was also nice that SAI delivered the car and didn't make you go after it.

Thanks John. Luaine is a strong lady that will pull through this.

I had planned to pick her up but Gary P. said "no, we'll deliver her back to you". It was a very nice surprize and real cool having the Shelby truck/trailer pull up in front of work.

Dan,

I sure hope and pray that your mother in law gets better. Let us know how she does.

About the car. Is this problem with the front tires being off centered a new problem? Are all the other CSX cars built like this? Why did things not fit up ? I guess I don't understand how the body did not fit the chassis. Are new engineered drawings being done to prevent this from happening again?

Your kind words and prayers really help, thank you Rob. This is Luaines second bout with breast cancer but we caught it very early so full recovery is expected.

Only the 7000 series fiberglass cars from SA are off center to some degree. Mine seemed to be to the extreme. Problem is in the fixtures SA uses to manufacture the chassis but since not many fiberglass FIA 289's are ordered (only 14 units from I'm told) the fixtures were not changed. Good news is SA is working on correcting this issue so future 7000 series cars will be good.

Please give Tana and David our best.

Great news on 7076 Dan.......I thrilled to hear how happy you are with seeing her in person......from here, she looks incredibily better......cudos to SA for stepping up and making it right.

Sorry to hear the trip is cancelled but you know it will be better to be close to home for your peace of mind.

My thoughts and prayers and with you and Marji during this difficult time and always!

Merry Christmas Brother!

Great news on 7076 Dan.......I thrilled to hear how happy you are with seeing her in person......from here, she looks incredibily better......cudos to SA for stepping up and making it right.

Sorry to hear the trip is cancelled but you know it will be better to be close to home for your peace of mind.

My thoughts and prayers and with you and Marji during this difficult time and always!

Merry Christmas Brother!

Thanks Michael and I couldn't agree more about SA................thanks for a taking care of 7076. I have appointments for CHP today and Brake-Light inspection tomorrow. SMOG inspection hopefully Monday or Tuesday.

And thanks for your thoughts and prayers, they really help our family at a time like this. As for our Holiday, I am disappointed but as you've said before "family first" and besides, Rome will be there next year.

Thanks again my Brother.

It was great talking to you Dan and thanks for the advice and friendship. Sorry to read about your mother-in-law's cancer I missed that part before we talked. Please pass on our best to her and we will pray for a quick recovery. Merry Christmas.

Here in California if you don't have permanent identification on the chassis the CHP will attach a Numbered Blue Tag to the door jamb that serves as the new VIN :redcard:

Lucky for me SA stamped the CSX number on the leaf spring tower. That stamped number along with the Cobra ID tag on the foot box made it possible for the officer to use my CSX number for my VIN :yahoo: No blue tag for me.

Tomorrow I have the Brake-Light inspection in the morning and the SMOG inspection in the afternoon. If all goes well, I'll have her fully registered at the DMV Monday.

Your going to venture out with a truck and trailer on the 405 on Christmas Eve? God bless you Dan, cuz your going to need all the help you can get. :salute:

Dan - Congratulations on getting your Cobra back...She looks so much better than before!!! I wish you all the best with her and safe driving always!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife & family and especially your mother-in-law during this time. If she keeps a positive attitude, she'll be able to overcome anything.

God bless!

Your going to venture out with a truck and trailer on the 405 on Christmas Eve? God bless you Dan, cuz your going to need all the help you can get. :salute:

Thanks Enis. I figure since SA did all they could to get it to me in time I'd better do all I can to finish her up before years end.

If weather permits, I'll be at Woodland Hills Sunday.......................Hugs from Marji and I.

Dan - Congratulations on getting your Cobra back...She looks so much better than before!!! I wish you all the best with her and safe driving always!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your wife & family and especially your mother-in-law during this time. If she keeps a positive attitude, she'll be able to overcome anything.

God bless!

Thanks Alan. I agree she does look better.

Also, thanks for kind words and prayers. Your right about a possitive attitude. Keeping her spirits up is job one for me.

Thanks Enis. I figure since SA did all they could to get it to me in time I'd better do all I can to finish her up before years end.

If weather permits, I'll be at Woodland Hills Sunday.......................Hugs from Marji and I.

Yes indeed, if weather permits.

CHP referral and VIN.................done

Brake / Light inspection.............done

SMOG inspection......................done

DMV set for Monday. This long and sometimes difficult process is almost complete. :yahoo:

Dan,

Sounds like you've taken care of all the trivial stuff, now the only thing left to do is...

ENJOY THAT SUCKA!!! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Dan

I am happy for you. What a long wait it was.

Sorry about your mother-in-law. Keep up the strength. And indeed Rome can wait or go to Amsterdam instead.

Thanks Patrick.

Luaine is very upbeat and positive............that will help the family through.

We still have a big places to go list for New Years and Amsterdam is on it. We've read that New Years in Amsterdam is like our 4th of July..............fireworks everywhere.

Dan,

Sounds like you've taken care of all the trivial stuff, now the only thing left to do is...

ENJOY THAT SUCKA!!! happy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gifhappy%20feet.gif

Dan

Thanks Dan.

For the first time I got to do this in the Cobra. :yahoo:

IMG_0472.jpg

Well after 18 months here she is.........fully registered and completely street legal.

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0470.jpg

New plates installed

IMG_0469.jpg

Before SA adjusted.

IMG_0451.jpg

After SA adjusted.

IMG_0467.jpg

I want to say THANKS to everyone here that helped get me through this build. Your kind words of support and encouragement made all the difference.

I'm lucky to have such great friends.

Thanks Patrick.

Luaine is very upbeat and positive............that will help the family through.

We still have a big places to go list for New Years and Amsterdam is on it. We've read that New Years in Amsterdam is like our 4th of July..............fireworks everywhere.

At 12PM on Dec 31st we have lots of fireworks. It's crazy time then. You are welcome to visit us with Christmas.

Oh yeah! That looks much better! Congrats on getting through the SB100 process.

Thanks Tony. I agree, she looks much better. The SB100 was a pain but all's good now. I got lucky the CHP didn't install that ugly blue VIN tag. Now my CSX, VIN and license plates match happy%20feet.gif

At 12PM on Dec 31st we have lots of fireworks. It's crazy time then. You are welcome to visit us with Christmas.

Thanks for the invite Patrick.........Marji and I will be sure to hook up for dinner on our next visit to the Netherlands.

I've been wanting to ask.......is that Lucille in your signature?

Archived