TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received word that we're still a couple of weeks out. Hanging onto hope I can get her back and the registration finished before the Holidays.

Updates help with the wait...........thanks SA.

Dan - I hope "Santa" Shelby comes through for you before Christmas!

WOW Dan! That's a crazy mess you have been dealing with! Hope they get it back to you soon and your very happy with it!

Thanks Robert. Never a dull moment when it comes to these cars.

Speaking of...................how's the Super Snake - Griggs project going?

Hey Dan I was just checking in to see some pics of your car when I read about this new ordeal. Dang man I hope they get it worked out soon. Hey I have been meaning to call ya but just keep getting tied up with stuff. Are you around this week?

Hey Dan I was just checking in to see some pics of your car when I read about this new ordeal. Dang man I hope they get it worked out soon. Hey I have been meaning to call ya but just keep getting tied up with stuff. Are you around this week?

Thanks Bob. I still have hope she'll work out.

Yep........I'll be around this week. Meetings Friday morning till noon but other then that I'm here.

Word from SA is that 7076 might be ready to pick up next week (I hope, I hope). I'll do the 11 hour turn around to Vegas and back with the trailer. We should just make it in time for Marji and I to leave for vacation next week.

If all's good, I'll have her at the Bash.

Shoot, having her at the bash is the easy part, my bigger worry would be getting it inspected for the SB100 before Jan 1.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

Mine is at the alignment shop, all that's left is a few minor details and trying to get a bit of seat time. Since it's in Oklahoma City that might be tough, it didn't break freezing yesterday and testing a roadster in that weather is not fun.

Word from SA is that 7076 might be ready to pick up next week (I hope, I hope). I'll do the 11 hour turn around to Vegas and back with the trailer. We should just make it in time for Marji and I to leave for vacation next week.

If all's good, I'll have her at the Bash.

Great news Dan. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Hopefully everything will meet your approval.

The family and I will be there next week too, not till Thursday though.

Dan

Thanks Dan. Really looking forward to seeing everyone at the Bash.

Shoot, having her at the bash is the easy part, my bigger worry would be getting it inspected for the SB100 before Jan 1.

Keeping my fingers crossed for ya.

Mine is at the alignment shop, all that's left is a few minor details and trying to get a bit of seat time. Since it's in Oklahoma City that might be tough, it didn't break freezing yesterday and testing a roadster in that weather is not fun.

Thanks John. If she's finished Monday I'll have time to finish the SB100 inspections. Anything after Monday kills it for this year because Marji and I leave next week for Holiday and don't return until the 3rd.

I hope you get some seat time, in decent weather, before the Bash.

Wishing you great luck Dan.....I know what peace of mind you would have to get this done before you leave........ :salute::salute:

Thanks Wick. We're hoping for the best but making arrangements if she's finished after Marji and leave for Hoilday.

Thanks again brother.

If that happens (lets hope not) I'd just leave it in Vegas, pick it up at the bash and save the extra trip. You can play on the track without tags.

Thanks Wick. We're hoping for the best but making arrangements if she's finished after Marji and leave for Hoilday.

Thanks again brother.

If that happens (lets hope not) I'd just leave it in Vegas, pick it up at the bash and save the extra trip. You can play on the track without tags.

That's our back up plan. Tom at Speedway Classic Cars would pick her up, do some adjustments to the tune and hold her until the Bash. Only thing is I'd like to inspect her myself before she leaves SA.

Good thinking on not needing tags for the track.............I'll do that, thanks.

If possible, I would love a ride in your beast Dan.....my helmet is enroute to LV....

Ive never had a ride in a cobra! :salute:

Ride heck.............DRIVE. I'm sure there's at least a parade lap session with your name on it.

Bring some driving shoes if you got em. The foot box is kinda small and the pedals are close together.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Kinda small is an understatement. I just measured my 289 street car and found I had right at 4 inches between the brake pedal and the center hump. Too wide a shoe and you can't press the loud pedal.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Kinda small is an understatement. I just measured my 289 street car and found I had right at 4 inches between the brake pedal and the center hump. Too wide a shoe and you can't press the loud pedal.

I'd like to see before and after pictures, and with a little photoshop magic you should be able to overlay them on top of each other. It will be interesting to see what the changed.

Archived