TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same here Dan.

Wishing you nothing but GOOD news from SA.

The other Dan

Thanks Dan. It's all the help and support from everyone here at TS (especially friends like you) that will get me through this.

:grouphug:

The other, other Dan

SA is picking up 7076 next week and hauling her back to Vegas. John, Gary P and Gary D. have been working together on a game plan to adjust the off center wheels wells. SA is going have their body/fiberglass team cut here, trim there and massage the front fender wells to center them better.

I expressed my concerns about this procedure but the guys at SA have assured me that this will work out perfectly. I have the utmost respect and confidence in the team at SA. They have always come through and done what they said they would do so I have no reason to doubt them now.

Lastly, I want to say thanks to John, Gary P., Gary D. and Tom from Speedway Classic Cars for all the hard work they put in on solving this issue. Customer satisfaction and continuous improvement is alive and well at Shelby American. Alive and well.

That's good news...Did they even guess at this point in time how long you may have to wait for the return?

No mention on how long from SA. I'll give Gary P. a call after he gets the car to see what he thinks it will take.

Thanks for the well wishes guys, I really, really appreciate it. This TS family is the best :grouphug: .

SA picked her up at 10:30 this morning and she's headed east. Hopefully the wait to get her back won't be to long.

• 3 weeks later...

True, I wouldn't want to hear that but something would be nice. I'm not so worried about the Bash, I just need to finish my CA registration before my SB100 number expires end of this year.

How close are they with your latest conquest?

Stupid question but why can't you finish the registration?

My car is waiting to go to the exhaust shop, I'm not using the exhaust SAI supplied. I scored a set of 289 shorty road race headers (1.75 inch primaries) but they will require massaging the brake lines to fit, so before any more work is done we're going to do the exhaust. I needed headers that would really flow, the engine moves a LOT of air. This 289 is a full roller 13:1 engine with Brodix heads & Webers, it made 538 horsepower.

IMG_0755-1.jpg

To make a very long story short, the last couple of months were spent fabricating custom brackets, finding the proper clutch and bellhousing to fit my aluminum flywheel, then finding the proper starter, and sourcing a combination of harmonic balancer and pulleys to get the belt to line up properly. The work is less than half done and he has enough time in it that he could have built 3 fiberglass cars. The aluminum cars are totally different. To make it worse I didn't start with a complete engine, I started with a bare Iron Eagle block so I didn't have all of the assorted parts that are designed to work together to start with.

True, I wouldn't want to hear that but something would be nice. I'm not so worried about the Bash, I just need to finish my CA registration before my SB100 number expires end of this year.

How close are they with your latest conquest?

One of the SB100 steps is an inspection by the Highway Patrol and the attachment of the SB100 exclusion sticker (which in essence becomes the VIN). This has to be done with real vehicle. Hard to do when it is physically somewhere else. There are, at last report, 12 left for this year. After 1-Jan you start over, but there hasn't been a rush like was expected...

One of the SB100 steps is an inspection by the Highway Patrol and the attachment of the SB100 exclusion sticker (which in essence becomes the VIN). This has to be done with real vehicle. Hard to do when it is physically somewhere else. There are, at last report, 12 left for this year. After 1-Jan you start over, but there hasn't been a rush like was expected...

Thanks Tony.

I was really hoping SA would have her done by mid December so I could complete before 1-Jan. I asked if it was possible to get her back so I could finish registration then return her to SA. I haven't heard back yet. Oh well, worst case is I start over in January.

I can't blame SA for the limited time I have left. They are doing all they can to get her finished in time.

Stupid question but why can't you finish the registration?

My car is waiting to go to the exhaust shop, I'm not using the exhaust SAI supplied. I scored a set of 289 shorty road race headers (1.75 inch primaries) but they will require massaging the brake lines to fit, so before any more work is done we're going to do the exhaust. I needed headers that would really flow, the engine moves a LOT of air. This 289 is a full roller 13:1 engine with Brodix heads & Webers, it made 538 horsepower.

IMG_0755-1.jpg

To make a very long story short, the last couple of months were spent fabricating custom brackets, finding the proper clutch and bellhousing to fit my aluminum flywheel, then finding the proper starter, and sourcing a combination of harmonic balancer and pulleys to get the belt to line up properly. The work is less than half done and he has enough time in it that he could have built 3 fiberglass cars. The aluminum cars are totally different. To make it worse I didn't start with a complete engine, I started with a bare Iron Eagle block so I didn't have all of the assorted parts that are designed to work together to start with.

Wow John, that engine is stunning and the color!!!!!! wow. Now I'm hoping she's done in time for the Bash.

Like Tony pointed out, I need the car for inspections to finish CA registration process.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived