TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats on finally taking delivery of your new FIA! I hope the CSX is everything you want and more! Enjoy every minute behind the wheel! I hope the wheel issue gets resolved soon!

Thanks. I've only got 3 miles behind the wheel, but they've been a blast.

Here's the first pic of 7076 after I picked her up. Thanks Dan (Blown Away).

LASAAC2010.jpg

It should be noted that Dan won 1st place in his catagory right out of the gate! 1st show, 1st place!

Congratulations!

I told Marji the trick to winning at the Santa Monica Pier is to bring a new car every year, so next year I should buy a .......... she slapped me before I got out another word.

Now thats funny!! Unfortunately my wife does the same thing every time I want to go to another event, never mind buying another car. :slapfight:

Here's the first pic of 7076 after I picked her up. Thanks Dan (Blown Away).

LASAAC2010.jpg

Your welcome Dan. She looks and sounds awesome!!! Thank you also for letting me "try" to sit behind the wheel. :hysterical:

Dan

Here's another pic I snapped of her.

DSC06260.jpg

And me trying to fit behind the wheel

0911100949-01.jpg

Hi Dan Dan The Shelby Man!!!!

Your car turned out sweet!!!!!!!! I wish I was still there to see her :)

Maybe someday I'll get the chance to sit behind the wheel :shift: Maybe at one of the Bash's :)

And the trick to getting into the car is to remove the steering wheel first :hysterical2:

Take care my friend and tell Marji I said HI!!!!

Bud

Hi Bud!!!

Here are some pictures that my assistant took of 7076 at the Santa Monica Pier car show....love the Guardsman Blue/Whimbleton white combo, Dan!!!

7076 in the background here:

101_8582-1.jpg

Looks like the fender would rub when the front wheels are turned??

101_8583-1.jpg

101_8584.jpg

Alex

Maybe someday I'll get the chance to sit behind the wheel :shift: Maybe at one of the Bash's :)

And the trick to getting into the car is to remove the steering wheel first :hysterical2:

Bud

BUDMAN :superhero:

A large amount of credit goes to Bud for all that is good with 7076, thanks Bud. I have an extra set of Cobra car keys with your name on them.

Who ever said "I think you should put a quick release steering wheel on that Cobra " must be a GENIUS :hysterical:. Without it I couldn't possibly get my large body in the drivers seat.

Thanks again Bud, you are a true friend to the Shelby community and one of my best pals.

Dan

Bud

Hey, Bud's back!!! Good to hear from you!

Regarding the steering wheel. I bought my CSX because I could sit in it. I tried on (note 1) a Superformance and Backdraft and both of them the wheel hit me on the lap while driving and pressing the clutch. The CSX had plenty of clearance. That was true of all of them (at least two SPFs). I don't know if the CSX has lower seats or if the steering column is lower in the other cars.

Note1: You do not get in a Cobra, you put it on.

I inquired about putting a quick release wheel on mine after-the-fact, but the whole steering column has to be replaced. The aftermarkets add 1.5" to the wheel, but the factory ones leave the position of the wheel correct. So I continue to enter mine by sitting on the back of the seat and sliding down into the seat. It works.

• 4 weeks later...

Hopefully I'll have a final answer from SA tomorrow with regards to the wheel well off center issue. I really need to get this Shelby finished (correct) so I can move on to the next car project (Marji only allows me one at a time)............did I hear someone say GT350R.

Hopefully I'll have a final answer from SA tomorrow with regards to the wheel well off center issue. I really need to get this Shelby finished (correct) so I can move on to the next car project (Marji only allows me one at a time)............did I hear someone say GT350R.

Sounds like you need to buy a NASCAR-style Car Hauler before you buy another Shelby redcard.gif

Otherwise, how are you going to get all those vehicles to Vegas for the Annual Bash...

Enjoy!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Sounds like you need to buy a NASCAR-style Car Hauler before you buy another Shelby redcard.gif

Otherwise, how are you going to get all those vehicles to Vegas for the Annual Bash...

Enjoy!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Team work Gregg...............team work.

any word from SA?

Archived