TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any word on what they did? It looks like suspension tweeks, but they could be substantial. Whatever, it would need to be done to the one I've seen pictures from another dealer. I hope whoever buys that one knows.

Not sure as to what all was done, but I do know it involved some cutting. Before any repairs were done, I asked SA if the body could be moved forward instead of cutting, but I got no answer.

I'm trying real hard to stay positive, but it's tough. I can tell you this, if it doesn't work out to my liking it will be the LAST car I do with SA. That's to bad too as Marji has givin me the go ahead for the GT350 ( R ).

I'll post up some pics next week.

I did hear some good news from the dealer yesterday. SA is looking into what can be done to solve this issue on future 7000 series Cobras. Tells me that continuous improvement is alive at SA.

I did hear some good news from the dealer yesterday. SA is looking into what can be done to solve this issue on future 7000 series Cobras. Tells me that continuous improvement is alive at SA.

That's good to hear as I am considering one myself but would hate to spend the extra cash only to have to put up with what you have. Otherwise, the car looks awesome Great thread and good luck!

Made a 9 hour turn around to Vegas today and this is what we have.

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

It's getting better but still needs more adjusting. SA is looking at adding more caster to see if we can get more spacing. I'll try just about anything at this point.

Tom fired the engine for me............OH MY GOD, she sounds so sweet. I'll get a sound clip to post next.

The car is sweet looking at beautiful but dont accept the car from SAI until the front wheel problem is fixed correctly. I repeat dont accept final delivery of the car until it is fixed correctly or you will never get it fixed. Wishing you luck for a fast fix and delivery. I have learned with my CSX that there are serious quality issues with SAI and they are very slow to admit error (or fix it) even worse with Roush

csx 4910

Made a 9 hour turn around to Vegas today and this is what we have.

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0452.jpg

It's getting better but still needs more adjusting. SA is looking at adding more caster to see if we can get more spacing. I'll try just about anything at this point.

Tom fired the engine for me............OH MY GOD, she sounds so sweet. I'll get a sound clip to post next.

Thanks for the kind words and support guys.

Dan I hope it all works out for you .but i cant understand why there selling them from what i heard and read with a known problem and then making substandard fixes instead of going to root problen the mold the body comes out of

JIM

Dan I hope it all works out for you .but i cant understand why there selling them from what i heard and read with a known problem and then making substandard fixes instead of going to root problen the mold the body comes out of

JIM

Thanks Jim.

I just received word that SA has determined that 7076 is representative of the fiberglass 7000 series cars being manufactured at SA and that no other work or repair is required. Shame on SA for thinking this is acceptable.

So the plan is to drive her as is for 6 months and see if I can live with it. If I can't, I'll take her in and have the wheel wells moved forward and repaint her. Getting quotes now.

I just received word that SA has determined that 7076 is representative of the fiberglass 7000 series cars being manufactured at SA and that no other work or repair is required. Shame on SA for thinking this is acceptable.

So the plan is to drive her as is for 6 months and see if I can live with it. If I can't, I'll take her in and have the wheel wells moved forward and repaint her. Getting quotes now.

Check out this link and tell me if it looks the same as yours...

http://www.clubcobra.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=303&cat=2

Wow, that's how they treat a repeat customer like you Dan??? :redcard: Sorry to hear that. Ya, you would think after the first or second one, they would be like, we need to fix this issue. Not just keep making them and then tell the customer "tuff", if they point out the obvious. :banghead: How many have they made with this body mold? Good luck with her.

Dan

that's SA for you. they really know how to treat the customer :slapfight:

I had a conversation the other day with someone who goes back with the 7000 cars to pretty much the first one made. Apparently this has been an issue since day one, and modifying the front of the wheel well has been the fix.

That's pretty much what I've been told. As long as it doesn't rub, it fine.

Wow, that's how they treat a repeat customer like you Dan??? redcard.gif Sorry to hear that. Ya, you would think after the first or second one, they would be like, we need to fix this issue. Not just keep making them and then tell the customer "tuff", if they point out the obvious. banghead.gif How many have they made with this body mold? Good luck with her.

Dan

Thanks Dan.

Spend 1,10 or 100k it doesn't matter. Treat all customers as valued customers.........and I sure as heck don't feel valued.

Looks like I'll be heading to Vegas Sept 2nd or 3rd to pick up 7076. Tom says the only remaining items she needs is the shoulder belts and the new drivers seat installed. After that she's finished from him.

I'm still gathering info on how to fix the tire/wheel well issue. Plan is to keep her as is for 6 months before deciding what to do.

Thanks again for all the great support you guys have given me during the difficult times. It really helped.

Looks like I'll be heading to Vegas Sept 2nd or 3rd to pick up 7076. Tom says the only remaining items she needs is the shoulder belts and the new drivers seat installed. After that she's finished from him.

I'm still gathering info on how to fix the tire/wheel well issue. Plan is to keep her as is for 6 months before deciding what to do.

Thanks again for all the great support you guys have given me during the difficult times. It really helped.

CONGRATS Dan!!!!

I can't wait to see her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well she's home now. Did the 12 hour turn around to Vegas Friday so I could have her at the LASAAC car show on Saturday.

Other then the front tire off center of the wheel wells issue..........the car is FANTASTIC. Paint looks perfect, door, hood and trunk lid fitment is great. I'm still working with SA to see if anything can be done with the tire/wheel well issue. If we get that fixed she'll be PERFECT. Sorry for no pics. I'll get some posted up later.

I would like to thank everyone for all the support and advise during the long process. Your comments, posts and emails have helped me more the you'll ever know.

Well she's home now. Did the 12 hour turn around to Vegas Friday so I could have her at the LASAAC car show on Saturday.

Other then the front tire off center of the wheel wells issue..........the car is FANTASTIC. Paint looks perfect, door, hood and trunk lid fitment is great. I'm still working with SA to see if anything can be done with the tire/wheel well issue. If we get that fixed she'll be PERFECT. Sorry for no pics. I'll get some posted up later.

I would like to thank everyone for all the support and advise during the long process. Your comments, posts and emails have helped me more the you'll ever know.

Congrats on finally taking delivery of your new FIA! I hope the CSX is everything you want and more! Enjoy every minute behind the wheel! I hope the wheel issue gets resolved soon!

Archived