TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

Wow, this site is acting crazy, I posted a response and it posted blank, then it took a ton of work to get back here to edit and put the text back in....

Please elaborate on and post pics of what you're talking about. Has Tom's lowered the front end of the car? You are saying that it's the front edge, not the top of the wheel well? Is it all the time or just when the wheels are turned?

It really seems like SAI needs to get involved in this one, it sounds like they have issues they need to address.

Thanks.

Unfortunately we are still a few months out. We've got some clearance issues with the front tires being close to the front edge of the wheel well. This snag didn't become apparent until after the engine was installed.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, this site is acting crazy, I posted a response and it posted blank, then it took a ton of work to get back here to edit and put the text back in....

Please elaborate on and post pics of what you're talking about. Has Tom's lowered the front end of the car? You are saying that it's the front edge, not the top of the wheel well? Is it all the time or just when the wheels are turned?

It really seems like SAI needs to get involved in this one, it sounds like they have issues they need to address.

This is what we got once Tom installed the engine and lowered the front to where it should sit. SA is involved and Tom is looking into what options we have.

IMG_0442.jpg

Thanks.

Unfortunately we are still a few months out. We've got some clearance issues with the front tires being close to the front edge of the wheel well. This snag didn't become apparent until after the engine was installed.

Wow...sorry to hear that...I hope it gets resolved soon for you!

This is what we got once Tom installed he engine and lowered the front to where it should sit. SA is involved and Tom is looking into what options we have.

IMG_0442.jpg

Yes, it is very evident in this photo. I hope they can resolve it quickly for you.

YIKES!!!!

Are both sides like that?

I'm wondering if they didn't put the leaf in backwards or put the lower control arms on the wrong sides. There has to be something pretty obvious wrong if there haven't been any other problems like this.

On CSX8025 they forgot to hook up the fuel line to the fuel tank. Stupid mistakes happen.

You have no idea how much work there is to removing a fuel tank from a 289 car!

YIKES!!!!

Are both sides like that?

I'm wondering if they didn't put the leaf in backwards or put the lower control arms on the wrong sides. There has to be something pretty obvious wrong if there haven't been any other problems like this.

On CSX8025 they forgot to hook up the fuel line to the fuel tank. Stupid mistakes happen.

You have no idea how much work there is to removing a fuel tank from a 289 car!

Drivers side is also to far forward but not as bad. I'm told this has always been a problem with the glass 7000 series cars, just some worse then others. I'm also told the only fix is to cut here, shave there and re-paint the front end. Not happy about that but what can I do.

This obviously means that something is not made to the correct dimensions, either the frame (I sure hope not!) or the body. If they have had problems previously they sure haven't done anything to correct the underlying problem. This isn't right, and I wouldn't accept the car having to be cut, shaved & repainted to make it right. They need to come up with a better solution than that.

I hate to be a downer, but I know you are thinking the same thing.

Drivers side is also to far forward but not as bad. I'm told this has always been a problem with the glass 7000 series cars, just some worse then others. I'm also told the only fix is to cut here, shave there and re-paint the front end. Not happy about that but what can I do.

This obviously means that something is not made to the correct dimensions, either the frame (I sure hope not!) or the body. If they have had problems previously they sure haven't done anything to correct the underlying problem. This isn't right, and I wouldn't accept the car having to be cut, shaved & repainted to make it right. They need to come up with a better solution than that.

I hate to be a downer, but I know you are thinking the same thing.

I'm told it's in the body. I've asked SA if the whole body can be moved forward but have not received a response back yet.

No worries about being a downer. I feel about a low as I can with this car. Hopefully the joy comes back, doubtful, but hopeful.

I'm told it's in the body. I've asked SA if the whole body can be moved forward but have not received a response back yet.

No worries about being a downer. I feel about a low as I can with this car. Hopefully the joy comes back, doubtful, but hopeful.

Dan, I know that feeling. I hope SA does better with you. I've been left to have another dealer fix my CSX at my cost. I think SA needs to read Mr. Tasca's book.

I have not kept up with your build in a while. Doh! That sucks. Hopefully it all works out.

Some of problems that come out of SA are mind boggling at times...

I found this today, pictures of CSX7036 which is for sale. Check out the pictures of the front wheel wells, especially the last two pictures at the bottom of the page.

CSX7036

That just doesn't look right...It appears as though the leading edge of the tires would rub on any type of turn...

I found this today, pictures of CSX7036 which is for sale. Check out the pictures of the front wheel wells, especially the last two pictures at the bottom of the page.

CSX7036

Great find John, thanks. I've seen 7036 and it looks the same as the blue fiberglass 7000 series in the SA museum.

• 3 weeks later...

Well it's been ordered. 289 FIA Cobra, CSX# 7076 :happy feet: :happy feet: . Engine build is finished, a 289 out of a 1965 Mustang, completely rebuilt and bored to 347ci, putting out 430HP.

My original plan was to go with the Kirkham aluminum body, but due to a downturn in business, and my desire NOT to sell my SS, I chose to go with SAI's fiberglass body.

I'll post pics of the build as I get them.

I don't get it. It's been over a year.

No kidding, I've had waits of over 2 years on a couple of cars.

Just wait for an aluminum body (in any style). Better to try to find one. I'm guessing the longest waits are the CSX9000 (Daytona Coupes, in both fiberglass and aluminum) and the rolled aluminum 427/289s. Good things take time :)

SA finished the repairs and she's back at Tom's for final tune and driver fitting. I'm driving out to Vegas Monday to take a look and finish things up.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed SA fixed her to my liking.

SA finished the repairs and she's back at Tom's for final tune and driver fitting. I'm driving out to Vegas Monday to take a look and finish things up.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed SA fixed her to my liking.

Any word on what they did? It looks like suspension tweeks, but they could be substantial. Whatever, it would need to be done to the one I've seen pictures from another dealer. I hope whoever buys that one knows.

Archived