TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

That's interesting, did you by chance see what size the rear tires were? If it got the 9.5's they should be 295/50R15. If those are the wider wheels & tires that means those fenders are flared more than a 427, either that or the rear end is narrower. It sure gives the impression of the narrower wheels & tires, whatever the reason.

Did that very unusual color look anything like this (except it should be more of a green than this picture appears, at least to my eyes)?

_MG_9678.JPG

Didn't see the tire size but we are looking into why it looks so small.

Yep, that's it. That's the unusual color. Green with a hint of Gold I'd say. Very nice, very nice indeed.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's interesting, did you by chance see what size the rear tires were? If it got the 9.5's they should be 295/50R15.

Hey John,

Wheel size is correct but the tires are 255's on the back. Dealer talked with Gary P. and found that 295's will work perfect, sooooooooooooooo SA is putting the 295's on now.

It will be interesting to see if the 295's fill the wheelwell properly, but that sure could explain why it looks so strange.

Thanks, if you go back next week you might see 7506. I understand the paint is about done,

Almost forgot, I did see 4391 today and she's looking great. The Cobra team is moving along with her quite nicely.

It will be interesting to see if the 295's fill the wheelwell properly, but that sure could explain why it looks so strange.

Thanks, if you go back next week you might see 7506. I understand the paint is about done,

I think the 295's will work out fine.

I'll be visiting the builder a few times over the next 8 weeks so I'll drop in SA to check out 4391 & 7506.

• 3 weeks later...

Any updated pics?

On a side note I called SAI on friday needing to talk to Bud about some parts, I was told he no longer works there....

I do have a few install pics from Tom. Engine sits too far back, so mounts need some work to move forward.

Yes, Bud in no longer at SA ( damn it all to hell!!! ). He has been a HUGE help with all my Shelby's and will be missed by all.

Tomcockpittrans.jpg

Tomengineincar1.jpg

Tomenginetrans.jpg

Received my MSO and dash plaque today :yahoo: Only problem is MSO says "Trade Name: SHELBY COBRA 427" :banghead:

Now I need to send it back to SA for correction. Person in charge of MSO's at SA was very helpful in getting right on it, thanks Linda :wub:

Looking terrific Dan!!! I can't wait to see it in person!!

Alex

Thanks Alex. I'm heading to Vegas this Thursday to do some driver fitting. I'll post up some more pics then.

Went to Vegas today for some driver fitting. Cars coming along very nicely. Engines/trans is in, fuel cell is complete, custom headers/exhaust is next on the build schedule.

Approx 5 more weeks and she'll be finished. yahoo.gif

IMG_0436.jpg

IMG_0434.jpg

IMG_0433.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

lookin sweet Dan,......and those wheels look correct now!.....

what did you say?

speak louder, I cant hear you!

What?

terlingua..

WHAT?

Huh?

What was that?

terlingua

You are going to have to speak up!

What?

Huh?

terlingua

:ninja:

Went to Vegas today for some driver fitting. Cars coming along very nicely. Engines/trans is in, fuel cell is complete, custom headers/exhaust is next on the build schedule.

Approx 5 more weeks and she'll be finished. yahoo.gif

Looks great Dan!! Bet you are getting excited now...

• 4 weeks later...

Pictures, we need more pictures...

It should be only a couple more weeks and you'll be rolling. Of course these builds never get completed on time.

Just received these pics today. Exhaust looks great and the larger rear tires look much better.

Looks like early next month for delivery.

Exhausttip.jpg

Sideview.jpg

Did they take the engine back out?

It sure looks like the front end is WAY up in the air.

Engines still in and yes she's WAY to high in the nose. Need to remove a leaf to bring it down.

Removing a leaf could have a bad effect on handling and ride. You might want to look into shimming the leaf up (putting a spacer between the frame perch and bottom of the spring) instead. Just my 2 cents.

For some reason every glass car I've seen seems to be very nose high, I was worried about that with mine but no problem at least on the street car. 7506 is supposed to be finished in the next week or two, I haven't gotten any updates from Tony lately.

Engines still in and yes she's WAY to high in the nose. Need to remove a leaf to bring it down.

Removing a leaf could have a bad effect on handling and ride. You might want to look into shimming the leaf up (putting a spacer between the frame perch and bottom of the spring) instead. Just my 2 cents.

For some reason every glass car I've seen seems to be very nose high, I was worried about that with mine but no problem at least on the street car. 7506 is supposed to be finished in the next week or two, I haven't gotten any updates from Tony lately.

I'll look at using a spacer, thanks for the input, it really helps. Looking forward to seeing more pics of 7506 once she's rolling.

• 3 weeks later...

Very Nice!!! Congrats to you!!! When do you get to pick it up?

Thanks.

Unfortunately we are still a few months out. We've got some clearance issues with the front tires being close to the front edge of the wheel well. This snag didn't become apparent until after the engine was installed.

Archived