TEAM SHELBY FORUM

CSX7076 has been ordered

MY500SS

Absolutely GREAT news Dan!!!! I can't wait to see her at the BASH....you're still bringing the SS though too right??

Again...I am so happy for you!!! happy feet.gifhappy feet.gif

Alex

Thanks Alex.....Bash should be interesting this year, we'll see how she does on the track. No SS, trailer is a single and Marji is still nervous driving the snake.

Marji and I are looking forward to seeing you and the gang real soon.

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the invite Patrick.........Marji and I will be sure to hook up for dinner on our next visit to the Netherlands.

I've been wanting to ask.......is that Lucille in your signature?

It's not my wife Astrid. She will not wash my car. She does her own Terlingua. I think it is one of the Playboy bunnies.

OK, your picture is from the movie "Cool Hand Luke", a classic movie from 1967. It is a truly great movie starring Paul Newman, who plays Luke, a Korean war veteran who gets drunk and cuts the top off of the parking meters in town. He goes to prison for it. In prison, which is a unit that does work on roads, he meets George Kennedy who plays Dragline, the guy who is pretty much the head prisoner. One day, while they are working on a road, a young girl comes outside her house and starts washing the car right next to where the prisoners are working. It absolutely drives the prisoners CRAZY, as you can imagine! This is the picture in your signature, a part of the video of her washing the car.

That night Dragline, who can not stop thinking about this girl, starts calling her "Lucille", because "anything that innocent just has to be named Lucille". If you can find it you should watch the movie, it is really excellent. George Kennedy won an Oscar for his performance in the movie.

It's not my wife Astrid. She will not wash my car. She does her own Terlingua. I think it is one of the Playboy bunnies.

OK, your picture is from the movie "Cool Hand Luke", a classic movie from 1967. It is a truly great movie starring Paul Newman, who plays Luke, a Korean war veteran who gets drunk and cuts the top off of the parking meters in town. He goes to prison for it. In prison, which is a unit that does work on roads, he meets George Kennedy who plays Dragline, the guy who is pretty much the head prisoner. One day, while they are working on a road, a young girl comes outside her house and starts washing the car right next to where the prisoners are working. It absolutely drives the prisoners CRAZY, as you can imagine! This is the picture in your signature, a part of the video of her washing the car.

That night Dragline, who can not stop thinking about this girl, starts calling her "Lucille", because "anything that innocent just has to be named Lucille". If you can find it you should watch the movie, it is really excellent. George Kennedy won an Oscar for his performance in the movie.

Hey thanks very much. I will watch the movie. Now I know it is Lucille.

Time for an updated signature photo too... :hysterical:

Can you say red, white & now, blue! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet:

Dan

Good call Dan....................Red, White and Blue......I like that. I'll get a new pic this weekend.

They have them at SAI in Vegas, the tire shop is right next door to the main building. I called to reserve a set, but they told me no need to they keep 2 or 3 sets on hand. Call them and check, and remind them that I am picking up a set also so I don't end up without a set. I get some every year, that way no shipping. They can possibly install them too.

Now, understand that on the street the billboards SUCK!!! They wander all over the road, ride terribly and grab every road imperfection pulling you everywhere. On the track though, they are a totally different story. When they're cold they have zero traction, but once they warm up they stick like glue. If it were me and something you wanted to drive on the street a lot, I'd either get a spare set of wheels or not change to the billboards.

On the street you'll run about 6 to 8 PSI higher to keep the sidewalls from flexing even more, so the tires tend to crown. That combined with them never really getting to temperature on the street causes them to not stick as well as they do on the track.

Working on a set of Billboards. Maybe in time for the Bash happy%20feet.gif

They have them at SAI in Vegas, the tire shop is right next door to the main building. I called to reserve a set, but they told me no need to they keep 2 or 3 sets on hand. Call them and check, and remind them that I am picking up a set also so I don't end up without a set. I get some every year, that way no shipping. They can possibly install them too.

Now, understand that on the street the billboards SUCK!!! They wander all over the road, ride terribly and grab every road imperfection pulling you everywhere. On the track though, they are a totally different story. When they're cold they have zero traction, but once they warm up they stick like glue. If it were me and something you wanted to drive on the street a lot, I'd either get a spare set of wheels or not change to the billboards.

On the street you'll run about 6 to 8 PSI higher to keep the sidewalls from flexing even more, so the tires tend to crown. That combined with them never really getting to temperature on the street causes them to not stick as well as they do on the track.

Thanks for the info John, I really appreciate it.

Tires are in and wheels are coming from Vintage Wheels. Tom at Speedway Classic Cars is handling everything. His shop will also do a last minute track prep next Wednesday before the Bash.

Is 7506 going to be ready for the Bash?

It is now 06:21 hours...what does the 0 stand for? Oh my God it's early!

Seriously, I am just about to leave to go pick 7506 up, that's why I'm up at this hour. Be home tomorrow, a few final touches then into the big trailer to leave for Vegas on Sunday morning.

Thanks for the info John, I really appreciate it.

Tires are in and wheels are coming from Vintage Wheels. Tom at Speedway Classic Cars is handling everything. His shop will also do a last minute track prep next Wednesday before the Bash.

Is 7506 going to be ready for the Bash?

It is now 06:21 hours...what does the 0 stand for? Oh my God it's early!

Seriously, I am just about to leave to go pick 7506 up, that's why I'm up at this hour. Be home tomorrow, a few final touches then into the big trailer to leave for Vegas on Sunday morning.

Great news................looking forward to seeing her in person.

Safe travels.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been a long, sometimes rough road but here she is. Thanks again to SA for getting 7076 in the beautiful shape that she is.

Also, a special thanks to Gary D. and Gary P. for all their hard work. 7076 is fantastic thanks to you.

P1010162.jpg

It's been a long, sometimes rough road but here she is. Thanks again to SA for getting 7076 in the beautiful shape that she is.

Also, a special thanks to Gary D. and Gary P. for all their hard work. 7076 is fantastic thanks to you.

P1010162.jpg

Dan, saw your car in front of the hotel but you weren't in it, was hoping to say hi (next event?)

Anyway it looks even better in person! Glad you got her done for the Bash.

Dan, saw your car in front of the hotel but you weren't in it, was hoping to say hi (next event?)

Anyway it looks even better in person! Glad you got her done for the Bash.

Thanks SSSNAKE. Even with 4 days it's hard to meet and talk with all our TS family.......next time for sure.

Congrats Dan.

Shes a Awesome looking ride.

Missed seeing you and Marji this year! Give me a call sometime

MM

Thanks Michael.

A few things were missing at this years Bash (MM and Budman) that's for sure. Hopefully we all can get together at another.

Hugs to the family.

Dan

Archived