TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looked at a 09 GT500 KR black/Black today weird!

Car was quite nice and sounded better, they asked me to take a test drive,couldnt say no :)

handles and sounds much better than my Gt500, but power wise feels the same, i do like the hood and Cf on the car.

Weird thing was, I am considering it, but the car didnt have the KR stitched headrests....?

its def a Kr, so WTF???? anyone seen that yet?

Weird thing was, I am considering it, but the car didnt have the KR stitched headrests....?

Something is fishy there. That's definitely one of the things that the folks at Shelby do to convert it to a KR.

Did it have the KR dash plaque? You might run that by SAI and ask them about it.

well, it wouldn't be the first imperfection out of SAI...I have seen a SGT without the shelby lettering....and another that still had the mustang sill plate on the passenger side.

Nobody is perfect.

well, it wouldn't be the first imperfection out of SAI...I have seen a SGT without the shelby lettering....and another that still had the mustang sill plate on the passenger side.

Nobody is perfect.

agreed, but this was an obvious miss, I mean i saw it walking up to the car ;)

my issue would be how would SAI get this fixed IF i bought the car???? Dealers are not noticed to be the most efficient at warranty repairs....

agreed, but this was an obvious miss, I mean i saw it walking up to the car ;)

my issue would be how would SAI get this fixed IF i bought the car???? Dealers are not noticed to be the most efficient at warranty repairs....

I'd bet that the dealer took them and put some stock ones in. The checklist that the guys at SAI use is very specific, and I'd find it hard to believe they missed that.

In any case, I'd get the CSM number and call SAI. If they say that the KR headrests were installed, then I'd jump all over the dealer. I'd trust Shelby any day over a dealer.

Car was quite nice and sounded better, they asked me to take a test drive,couldnt say no :)

handles and sounds much better than my Gt500, but power wise feels the same, i do like the hood and Cf on the car.

I have an 08 Black on Black Kr... my headrest came with Carroll Shelby's autograph. and the seat has a supersnake... i dont think they came with KR headrest... but if im wrong let me know so i can collect whats mine... lol

+1 :headscratch:

i think the fact that i already have a gt500 and a 09 CTS-V gave them some security that I am not some punk kid...no? :)

plus they obviously dont want to sit on this forever!

On a bright note, the car sounds awesome and you can definitely feel the suspension differences.... :)

Here's what's in mine:

th_KRHeadrest.jpg

Like I said, my money is on the dealer, or someone that works there taking them. I just can't believe that SAI missed that step.

nope these were std blank headrests...i knew what the Kr HR's looked like so i was a bit shocked!

Going back tomorrow to get the KR # and will try to snap a few shots...

nope these were std blank headrests...i knew what the Kr HR's looked like so i was a bit shocked!

Going back tomorrow to get the KR # and will try to snap a few shots...

I'd call SAI directly. You have the VIN and CSM. Go directly to the horse's mouth!

I'd call SAI directly. You have the VIN and CSM. Go directly to the horse's mouth!

Maybe the 08's started with just the Carrol Shelby's signature.. then the 09's they added the GT500KR along with sig. and i do have a feeling the blank headrest is someone taking it off and keeping it for themselves.... just a thought but now i want to know if i am actually missing something... does anyone know if any other shelby's just has "Carrol Shelby's" sig on the HR?

OOPPPS... i retract all my quotes.

(I have an 08 Black on Black Kr... my headrest came with Carroll Shelby's autograph. and the seat has a supersnake... i dont think they came with KR headrest... but if im wrong let me know so i can collect whats mine... lol)

I went to check on my KR at my parents garage cause i was concerned i didnt have the KR headrest and yeah....My 08 KR does have the GT500 KR w/ Carroll Shelby sig on the headrest.. for some reason i only thought it had the sig. So the KR without the blank headrest is DEF wrong.... shame on the dealerships or anyone trying to pull !#$#@$$&$%*# on anyone...

• 5 weeks later...

Pic from a KR for sale in CT:

_SC04489.jpg

Its important to check all the modifications. Look at the link below where this KR is missing the tower brace. I emailed the seller and he said did not notice it but said he would check into it. This was months ago and the dealer has not changed the picture or made a note that the brace is missing.

You will love the KR. I have an 09KR and its lots of fun to drive. I thought I got a good deal a couple of months ago but prices are even lower now.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Ford-Mustan...Q5fCarsQ5fTruck

Archived