TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Arrival - Manual 2007 GT-H!

Hello All!

I just took delivery of a beautiful 2007 GT-H Hertz Executive Car. According to Roger S. at Shelby, this car is #4 of the 18 manual transmission cars built. It's got 1600 pampered miles, and is in mint condition. I purchased it form the original Hertz executive owner, and it came with all documentation, including the original Hertz bill of sale.

It joins my automatic transmission "rental" 2007 GT-H, now with 8400 miles on it.

Thanks to all who have contribted to this forum over time, especially Steve. I have learned much from you all!

I'll post photos later this week - just realized all my photos were too large to be uploaded to this site (sorry!).

John

John

Glad it made it across the country to you in mint condition. It is one special car.

If you don't want to manually resize your pics you can upload them to PhotoBucket and just link to them.

Either way I'm sure everyone wants to see them asap.

Steve

:yup:

John

Glad it made it across the country to you in mint condition. It is one special car.

If you don't want to manually resize your pics you can upload them to PhotoBucket and just link to them.

Either way I'm sure everyone wants to see them asap.

Steve

Thanks for the tip Steve. Here's the link to photos: http://photobucket.com/shelbyri

John

Wow! Congrats. The manual cars are coming out of the wood work recently. What are the CSM#s of your cars? I'm more interested in what numbers the manual cars are. Were they built at the begining, end or throughout production?

Wow! Congrats. The manual cars are coming out of the wood work recently. What are the CSM#s of your cars? I'm more interested in what numbers the manual cars are. Were they built at the begining, end or throughout production?

Jeff

I think there may be a thread with the csm numbers somewhere here on TS.

I'll take a quick look for it.

Steve

Al the manuals were built at the end of production, the last of the 500 units built. The only confusing thing is that the info I have direct from Shelby is that there were only 17 built. The paperwork from Shelby shows 17, so how come the number 18 keeps popping up?

QSS

Al the manuals were built at the end of production, the last of the 500 units built. The only confusing thing is that the info I have direct from Shelby is that there were only 17 built. The paperwork from Shelby shows 17, so how come the number 18 keeps popping up?

QSS

The 18 number comes directly from the SAI Registry. Roger Sorel posted that number in another thread.

Steve

The 18 number comes directly from the SAI Registry. Roger Sorel posted that number in another thread.

Steve

So what I don't get is Shelby shows 17 manuals built for Hertz. Was there one additional one built maybe for Carroll Shelby himself or someone else at SAI?

QSS

So what I don't get is Shelby shows 17 manuals built for Hertz. Was there one additional one built maybe for Carroll Shelby himself or someone else at SAI?

QSS

QSS,

Info I heard was that 17 maunals went to Hertz execs, and Carroll Shelby kept one himself. Not sure if this is accurate, but if so it could explain the confusion over 17 vs. 18.

Thanks

John

Roger can probably fill us in. Let's give him a day or two to find this thread.

Steve

I also have some paperwork that came with the car that shows that there are only 17 manual cars where wade. I have all VIN-# of the cars that where produced (an information that I will not share in any way in public) and there are just 17!

Still up to today the only reason that there are 18 cars known is just because the SAI Registrar said so.

At the end of the day for me it doesn’t matter that much because none of my cars I bought because of maybe increasing value in the future. In fact I believe that in 20 or 30 years some already very expensive classic cars will still be expensive as a piece of art you park in your living room but all modern cars are without any (real) value because there will be so many restriction when and where and how to drive them – driving cars in the future will not be as much fun as it is today. Just have a look what happened within the last 18 months in Italy where police gave you signals to drive real fast when you passed with a Lambo or Ferrari. And know they take away the cars for just a little bit of speeding.

So I am happy for you that you have a manual car which is something extraordinary. Enjoy her and have fun – today. That’s the only important reason to have such a great car.

By the way I know that I have promised to write some comparison between the “strong” manual convertible and the “normal” GT-H but at the very moment it’s so hot here in Austria that I just have power to drive the cars but not to torture my PC. But I will write something in near future.

post-19110-1248438273_thumb.jpg

post-19110-1248438292_thumb.jpg

post-19110-1248438273_thumb.jpg

post-19110-1248438292_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...
Hey there John and 485HP. I was just wondering how both your summers were with your stick GT-H. Did you drive her a whole bunch, a little or............GULP, park her in the garage and just look at her? An up date would be appreciated.

QSS

QSS,

Thanks for the message! Had the car out a good amount, including a drive to the rainy Tasca show this past September. It's been a blast to drive, and to catch up with other TSS members and enthusiasts at Tasca and the few local cruise nights. Unfortunately, it's now time to put the car away for the winter.

John

QSS,

Thanks for the message! Had the car out a good amount, including a drive to the rainy Tasca show this past September. It's been a blast to drive, and to catch up with other TSS members and enthusiasts at Tasca and the few local cruise nights. Unfortunately, it's now time to put the car away for the winter.

John

Great car to pick up and we all are going thru the winter withdrawl.

Archived