TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Billet hood pins on black hood?

mrfarmdog

I purchased a venom hood and want to install hood pins. My car is black and was curious if anyone had pics of the billet hood pins in the black or aluminum on a black car. I want to purchase ASAP so if anyone has pics I would appreciate checking them out.

Thanks!

I purchased a venom hood and want to install hood pins. My car is black and was curious if anyone had pics of the billet hood pins in the black or aluminum on a black car. I want to purchase ASAP so if anyone has pics I would appreciate checking them out.

Thanks!

John,

My response has NOTHING to do with which set looks better on a black car... However, I have had the BLACK Billet set on my White SGT for the past couple of years... But I just had to repaint them, as they were getting scraped and knicked by the metal hood pins & rings themselves... And next time, I'll make sure to finish them with a thin coat of CLEAR to protect the black finish... Just food for thought!

Gregg

07SGT0547

• 1 month later...

I have the same color combo black and tungsten....I just put on my SS hood and got it striped.....Now going to put the aluminum bullit hoodpins on tomorrow.....I think it looks sweet......Have did yours turn out?

Thanks!

I have the same color combo black and tungsten....I just put on my SS hood and got it striped.....Now going to put the aluminum bullit hoodpins on tomorrow.....I think it looks sweet......Have did yours turn out?

Believe it or not I still do not have my hood back. I gave them a drop dead date of next Wednesday. Still planning on doing this mod though.

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I've been happy with my black Shelby hood pin kit, on Trufiber Venom black hood... see what you think, though:

post-8981-1252376518_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376527_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376541_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376548_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376556_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376564_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376518_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376527_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376541_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376548_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376556_thumb.jpg

post-8981-1252376564_thumb.jpg

Sorry I didn't see this sooner.

I've been happy with my black Shelby hood pin kit, on Trufiber Venom black hood... see what you think, though:

That looks awesome too!!

Tough choice!!

I love that hood, I think I am going to order one, how was yours for prep?

That looks awesome too!!

Tough choice!!

I love that hood, I think I am going to order one, how was yours for prep?

Thanks. I was going for more of a subdued, "Darth Vader" look... The hood wasn't too bad the way it was shipped to me, but by no means ready for paint. Lots of epoxy primer, sanding, and repeat. I didn't do the work, though. Fit was pretty good, too. I used the Steeda hood lift kit, and their wiper relocation kit too. All works well together. Have had her to about 170, and didn't see too much flex going on.

Thanks. I was going for more of a subdued, "Darth Vader" look... The hood wasn't too bad the way it was shipped to me, but by no means ready for paint. Lots of epoxy primer, sanding, and repeat. I didn't do the work, though. Fit was pretty good, too. I used the Steeda hood lift kit, and their wiper relocation kit too. All works well together. Have had her to about 170, and didn't see too much flex going on.

When you say wiper relocation kit I assume you are talking about the windshield washer nozzles. Can you tell me where you got it? I need something and have not tried to find anything yet.

When you say wiper relocation kit I assume you are talking about the windshield washer nozzles. Can you tell me where you got it? I need something and have not tried to find anything yet.

Sorry; yes- that's what I meant (relocates the squirter nozzles to the wipers, that is). Thinking back, I didn't get those from Steeda, I got them from CDC:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/...etail&p=113

Sorry; yes- that's what I meant (relocates the squirter nozzles to the wipers, that is). Thinking back, I didn't get those from Steeda, I got them from CDC:

http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/shop/...etail&p=113

I would love to see more pics or a write up if you did one.

I would love to see more pics or a write up if you did one.

Are you serious, John? Did you miss this? I submitted a very long, detailed thread about my hood project (last year), and it was pulled, because the TruFiber hood is apparently a very touchy issue for the Shelby folks... I thought WWIII was about to begin, with the outrage that followed. It was one of the major eye-opening events (at least for me), that showed how much TS censors this site. That's why I think it was much better before, as 'Stangs Unleashed.

Are you serious, John? Did you miss this? I submitted a very long, detailed thread about my hood project (last year), and it was pulled, because the TruFiber hood is apparently a very touchy issue for the Shelby folks... I thought WWIII was about to begin, with the outrage that followed. It was one of the major eye-opening events (at least for me), that showed how much TS censors this site. That's why I think it was much better before, as 'Stangs Unleashed.

If you posted elsewhere let me know. I have a Venom hood in prep now just looking for more info on the winshield washer mod.

I might look at doing something custom.

If I had your talents, I would too! Let me know if you need any additional photos...

If I had your talents, I would too! Let me know if you need any additional photos...

I would like some. You can either post them up here or I will send you my email in a PM.

I would like close-ups of the entire setup.

Thanks!

I would like some. You can either post them up here or I will send you my email in a PM.

I would like close-ups of the entire setup.

Thanks!

Photos sent to your email!

I installed th CDC wiper relocation kit. I'm not sure if ford changed wiper arms in 09 or if GT500's have a different arm(I have 09 GT500). The nozzle doesn't work as well as is would on the wiper arm they show in install. Kit is easy to install except for removing wiper blades. Wiper arms are a son of ***** to get off. When hitting with hammer be carful to hit square or you will damage threads. Also tubing could have been about 2 inches longer.

Archived