TEAM SHELBY FORUM

some questions!!

FURAFURA

If I buy one w/o navegation, May I order the system later on with Ford and get it installed by the dealer?

also, do you guys think the start engine "red" button will fit in the 12v in the dash?

Any news on the dash plate Shelby is working with, for the 2010?

Ebay has one Grey/Black for $2,000 below invoice.

NO, Nav cannot be installed later, it is a complete part of the wiring system and is not a plug and play type system.

The start button will fit i am sure but you will still have to use the key and turn the ignition on and then reach up to push the button, alot of extra work, have to kind of retrain your brain when it's used to turning on and starting with one motion. In my opinion it would only work well if it had a key fob that knew you were in the car and all that was needed was to push the button. ie, corvette and some new lincolns.

But if you like it, go for it.

If I buy one w/o navegation, May I order the system later on with Ford and get it installed by the dealer?

also, do you guys think the start engine "red" button will fit in the 12v in the dash?

Any news on the dash plate Shelby is working with, for the 2010?

Ebay has one Grey/Black for $2,000 below invoice.

Yes it will work. The 2010 Nav is paired with Micorsoft Sync, it is a dealer only item and dealer only install. You will need to get a wiring kit, which is inexpensive and available only through the dealer. Nav w/Sync with fit the 2009 Shelby too but no earlier models, I found a 2010 GT500 with no Nav, I told the salesman I wanted Nav and he said they can install it in a day, I went to the parts dept. to verify to make sure he's not bsing, Parts Manager said they do it all the time, adding nav on non nav cars and its a simple straight forward installation. I also checked with "sycnmyride" and they said the nav will fit any no nav ford, plug and play with the wiring harness. BTW, when I bought my wife's 300C back in 2005, it didn't have a sunroof or nav but some ugly 22" wheels ($3000 package), I told the salesman we will sign the papers only if he can swap out the wheels for the sunroof and nav, in two days the dealer installed the sunroof and nav, dealers intall factory products all the time.

Archived