TEAM SHELBY FORUM

car went into fail safe mode today

has anyone had thier SS go into fail safe mode as well? I have the 725HP SS and was driving on the freeway with the cruise control on at about 72 MPH I was in 6th gear rolling hills pretty mild. and the fail safe mode came up in the message center. the car lost quite abit of power but kept going. I pulled over about 5 miles later at the first exit, checked under the hood all seemed fine. started the engine again and the message cleared it was fine with no problems, I plugged in a code scanner and there are no codes? I thought such an important event would have been captured by the computer. anyone have any thoughts on this? I will schedule a trip to the dealer next week but I'm afraid they won't find anything. any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

has anyone had thier SS go into fail safe mode as well? I have the 725HP SS and was driving on the freeway with the cruise control on at about 72 MPH I was in 6th gear rolling hills pretty mild. and the fail safe mode came up in the message center. the car lost quite abit of power but kept going. I pulled over about 5 miles later at the first exit, checked under the hood all seemed fine. started the engine again and the message cleared it was fine with no problems, I plugged in a code scanner and there are no codes? I thought such an important event would have been captured by the computer. anyone have any thoughts on this? I will schedule a trip to the dealer next week but I'm afraid they won't find anything. any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks

The same thing happend to me after about 800 miles in slow traffic. Stop had a look under the hood every thing ok let it cool down then drove slowly for about 5 miles I have now coverd 2800 miles with no problems.

My brother fought this several times over the course of weeks with his 07 GT500. Very recently, Brian at B&D Racing found that the throttle body was the cause of the failure. He swapped it out for a new OEM TB and the problem has disappeared. He never told me what the exact problem was with the original TB, however. Regardless, that may be something worth looking at. Good luck

Ken

Had the same thing happen about a month ago on the way to the mustang roundup in Steamboat Springs. Same deal, running on cruise control about 70mph. I keep going for about 30 minutes and when I stopped for gas, it cleared.

Archived