TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Good advice! Always Lock Your car!

Funny I read this this morning. Last night I went to the grocery store and my wife ran in as I sat waiting for her as the baby slept in the car. An older gentleman in a new Z06 pulled up with the roof off and parked. Didnt roll up the windows, didn't lock the car or chirp the alarm. Just closed the door and walked away. Few minutes after he left the trunk just popped open (probably a GM defect ;) ). Maybe Im jus paranoid, but I could never do this. I like to park far away to avoid dings and even after I lock my car, I catch myself pulling on the door handle, making sure it actually locked. Living in LA has made me this way I guess.

I lock my cars EVERY time, even in my garage. Growing up in NJ made me this way.

A friend of ours stopped at a convenience store about 9 PM once and left her car unlocked. While she was checking out, a guy came up and whispered to her: "Don't look at me. Pretend I'm not talking to you. Somebody just got in your car and is hiding in your back seat. Tell the clerk to call 911." Turns out the guy in the back seat was trying to join a gang and was supposed to kill a white girl for initiation!

I lock my cars EVERY time, even in my garage. Growing up in NJ made me this way.

A friend of ours stopped at a convenience store about 9 PM once and left her car unlocked. While she was checking out, a guy came up and whispered to her: "Don't look at me. Pretend I'm not talking to you. Somebody just got in your car and is hiding in your back seat. Tell the clerk to call 911." Turns out the guy in the back seat was trying to join a gang and was supposed to kill a white girl for initiation!

Wow, that's heavy.

I'm locking my sh!t! A few weeks ago we had some stuff stolen from a few cars here in the parking lot at WORK, of all places. They didn't bother the Shelby, but sure, no way in hell I'm leaving it unlocked! Lol.

I think I may have left my Toyota unlocked one night (doesn't have auto locks so I miss it sometimes). We were at a cast part after one of my wife's ballet performances, and I walked out to the car a little tipsy and opened the driver's side door... to find some wack in the passenger seat going through my stuff!! I mustered a "who the :censored: are you!!?" (ha-ha, I wasn't all there), before giving chase. Homey was quick because I didn't catch him!

Bastard didn't leave a note or ANYTHING!! :finger::hysterical:

When I lived upstate NY (1995-2002) I used to leave my car running when I ran into the stores in town.........Pine Bush, NY.

I loved that town.

and I drove a Porsche 928S.........

I laugh about it now......I wouldnt think of doing that anymore!

I grew up in the Bronx where YOU LOCKED EVERYTHING.

NOW, in NJ, I lock the Shelby even in the garage and hide the keys.......BUT......

I've left my car unlocked overnight outside the garage a few times, but not by design, more by old age!

Archived