TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Evolution Performance, Inc. - 2010 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500!

Evolution

I just asked to to give me a call and i will talk to you about it ?

Why not just post your answer on the forum?? :headscratch: . You came into this public forum, posted your 2010 Evo GT500, its numbers and mods and the packages that you sell. Members here have the SAME legitimate questions on various issues with your products, your replies is as murky as your "up to" ads. So everytime you post something on this public forum, if we have questions we should call you privately, then come back to this forum and post our findings? Should we PM you too? You know this will turn into a high school "he said she said" thing everytime we call and post our answers so why not be more professional, honest, and upfront :doh: If it voids the warranty then it voids the warranty, if it needs a retune then it needs a retune, if it puts down this amount of rwhp, then it is what it is, just don't be a secret agent about everything. I've owned numorous cars (M3, M5, Roush) and have been on numorous forums, I've seen vendors come and go, I've seen vendors getting banned, but the ones that last the longest are the ones that built a good relationship with its members, so far its not good enough :speedie:

Why not just post your answer on the forum?? :headscratch: . You came into this public forum, posted your 2010 Evo GT500, its numbers and mods and the packages that you sell. Members here have the SAME legitimate questions on various issues with your products, your replies is as murky as your "up to" ads. So everytime you post something on this public forum, if we have questions we should call you privately, then come back to this forum and post our findings? Should we PM you too? You know this will turn into a high school "he said she said" thing everytime we call and post our answers so why not be more professional, honest, and upfront :doh: If it voids the warranty then it voids the warranty, if it needs a retune then it needs a retune, if it puts down this amount of rwhp, then it is what it is, just don't be a secret agent about everything. I've owned numorous cars (M3, M5, Roush) and have been on numorous forums, I've seen vendors come and go, I've seen vendors getting banned, but the ones that last the longest are the ones that built a good relationship with its members, so far its not good enough :speedie:

I have to agree with you. I know Evo does a good job with the GT500's. I'm not sure why there isn't an open question and answer dialog here. I've seen many other good vendors talk very openly about their products. If you believe in what you do then it should be pretty easy to talk about in the open. It's not like anything we are asking is giving away a secret that would destroy their business.

I'm thinking about letting Evo tune my car. However, I'd like to build a good relationship with the person working on my car. That relationship includes being honest and open. Just don't get me to buy something just to buy it. Tell me why, and help me spend me money the best way and I'll be a customer for life.

I have to agree with you. I know Evo does a good job with the GT500's. I'm not sure why there isn't an open question and answer dialog here. I've seen many other good vendors talk very openly about their products. If you believe in what you do then it should be pretty easy to talk about in the open. It's not like anything we are asking is giving away a secret that would destroy their business.

I'm thinking about letting Evo tune my car. However, I'd like to build a good relationship with the person working on my car. That relationship includes being honest and open. Just don't get me to buy something just to buy it. Tell me why, and help me spend me money the best way and I'll be a customer for life.

I would love to buy from EVO and no doubt they made so badass GT500s but not everyone wants to throw on a pair of slicks and throw down an 8sec run, like most Joes, I just want reliability for my daily driver, I don't want or need an 800RWHP car, I just want some simple packages and I want to know exactly what what its really putting down at the rear. When I worked as an engineer for Dinan (Shelby=Ford, Dinan=BMW) people always asked me why Dinan products put out less HP then some of the aftermarket tuners, its because some of these companies used some of the oldest tricks in the books, including the "up to". For example, you will see an ad for an airtake, "25HP Gain", but our Dinan ad is "7HP Gain", what the other companies don't tell you is that they gained 25HP on the intake because they dyno it with the other mods (throttle body, headers, higher octane, etc..) whereas we only dyno the intake alone. How would you like to get a job and your boss said, "you will make up to"? I see Evo's Stage 2 C&L makes up to 145 RWHP for $1,100, can I PayPal you up to $1,100 for the package?

I will answer all your questions if you give me a call. Its much easier for me to talk to someone on the phone than type paragraph after paragraph on the computer.I also perfer talking with someone personally ! Its simple give me a call and i will do whatever i can to answer your questions. ask for kent im here mon thru fri 8-5 eastern.

I will answer all your questions if you give me a call. Its much easier for me to talk to someone on the phone than type paragraph after paragraph on the computer.I also perfer talking with someone personally ! Its simple give me a call and i will do whatever i can to answer your questions. ask for kent im here mon thru fri 8-5 eastern.

Understandable

Why not just post your answer on the forum?? :headscratch: . You came into this public forum, posted your 2010 Evo GT500, its numbers and mods and the packages that you sell. Members here have the SAME legitimate questions on various issues with your products, your replies is as murky as your "up to" ads. So everytime you post something on this public forum, if we have questions we should call you privately, then come back to this forum and post our findings? Should we PM you too? You know this will turn into a high school "he said she said" thing everytime we call and post our answers so why not be more professional, honest, and upfront :doh:If it voids the warranty then it voids the warranty, if it needs a retune then it needs a retune, if it puts down this amount of rwhp, then it is what it is, just don't be a secret agent about everything. I've owned numorous cars (M3, M5, Roush) and have been on numorous forums, I've seen vendors come and go, I've seen vendors getting banned, but the ones that last the longest are the ones that built a good relationship with its members, so far its not good enough :speedie:

If FORD wants to give you hard time on repairs secondary to a mods affected you car they will, every mod we do outside the specs of factory is a potential warranty void if something went wrong, even if you remove the parts and put the factory tune back they will find out very simply from the data log of the car. So no way around it it is risky to mod. Now on the other hand EVO /lethal/vmp...are very experienced and if you are not going aggressive then chances are you will not break a thing to dispute ford over. things can get wrong and there lies the risk. good relation with your dealer goes long ways but it becomes more and more difficult with this economy, if they were cooperative in the past years they may not be now since budgets are tight, and FORD is watching over their shoulders like a hawk fo repairs done under warranty.

bottom line when you mod you risk your warranty even ford racing mods will limit the warranty to 1 year, was that for good reason?

Archived