TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Evolution Performance, Inc. - 2010 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500!

Evolution

About 3 weeks ago we took delivery of our 2010 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500 and within hours we were verifying fitment of existing parts and looking at developing future parts.

Jon Lund has developed Tunes for all our different performance combinations and are immediately available for purchase on our website in the 2010 Shelby GT500 Section!

There are a ton of parts that will NOT carry over from the 2007-2009 Shelby GT500, so we took the guess work out of it for you!

I will have videos up of the 2010 Shelby GT500 on the dyno with different performance combinations shortly!

Below is a photo of our 2010 Grabber Blue Shelby GT500 with a link to the rest of them with a modification list. We will be painting Black Stripes on it in the coming weeks!

This car will be on Display at Mustang Week in Myrtle Beach and will be racing it on Thursday, July 23rd at Darlington Dragway!

2010.jpg

You can view the rest of the photos by Clicking Here!

Modification List

The Car made 857 RWHP and 792 RWTQ on 22lbs Of Boost with just an Upper Pulley!

2.8H "Mammoth" Kenne Bell/Evolution "Competition" Supercharger Kit

American Racing 1 7/8 LongTube Headers with Off-Road X-Pipe

Ford Racing "Big Body" Axle Back Exhaust

Moroso Shelby GT500 Intercooler Reservior Tank

High Capacity Shelby GT500 Heat Exchanger

Steeda Tri-Ax® Shifter Shelby GT500

Evolution Performance - 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft - (1-Piece)

Shelby GT500 Front Driveshaft Safety Loop

Evolution Performance, Inc. - Ultimate "Lowering" Suspension Package

Tokico D-Spec Shocks and Struts Kit

Evolution Performance, Inc. Chrome Moly 6-Point Roll Bar

Look forward to seeing the videos and different performance numbers. I'm guessing you dyno'd it bone stock. Can you share those numbers as well? I'm also interested in what you can get out of a stock car with just a tune.

Look forward to seeing the videos and different performance numbers. I'm guessing you dyno'd it bone stock. Can you share those numbers as well? I'm also interested in what you can get out of a stock car with just a tune.

Stock

455 RWHP

440 RWTQ

Tune Only

510 RWHP

480 RWTQ

2.6" Pulley and Tune

565 RWHP

563 RWTQ

This is sweet. Exactly what the information I needed to know before my car gets here.

Nice hp and tq on just a pulley and tune. The stock hp and tq are kind of frightening though, only 455. I was expecting a little more than that.

Anyway freaking bada$$. Will definelty be looking you guys up in the future. Looking foward to the videos!!

I see at least a tune in my near future. I'm thinking I might do the pulley at the same time. Can we expect around the same numbers with a can tune or do we have to bring it to the shop?

On 93 Octane we can get pretty aggressive on the timing since it has Knock Sensors, but for a Mail Order tune I would expect around 540-555 RWHP!

On 93 Octane we can get pretty aggressive on the timing since it has Knock Sensors, but for a Mail Order tune I would expect around 540-555 RWHP!

I see a road trip in my future. I think you all are within a two hour drive for me. :)

How many miles should I put on the car before you start doing the tunning?

sounds fanatastic--do you think there are any warranty issues with the new black box.Im not a drag racer,or raod racer,but love the thought of all that HP and we use 93 octane here--thanks

Wow great numbers. I know I plan on taking my car over to a shop here in Phx and put exhaust, pully, and tune. I have plenty of miles to break her in on my road trip so I'll probably take her in mid Aug. I'll post numbers when I get it. Mine will probably be a little lower because it's 110 degrees here in Phx! But still should make good #'s!

And good question on the black box. Does anyone know if mods will show up on it????

Stock

455 RWHP

440 RWTQ

Tune Only

510 RWHP

480 RWTQ

2.6" Pulley and Tune

565 RWHP

563 RWTQ

Those stock numbers are very low

My stock 07 made 448

Were these the best you could get stock or well you know a bit low to make the gains that much more after mods?

Just curious

knock sensors really allow you to go crazy! Down right devasting with so little mods!

Those stock numbers are very low

My stock 07 made 448

Were these the best you could get stock or well you know a bit low to make the gains that much more after mods?

Just curious

knock sensors really allow you to go crazy! Down right devasting with so little mods!

Our dyno is a mustang dyno #'s are always a little low.

:shift:

Our dyno is a mustang dyno #'s are always a little low.

How much are we talking for the tuner and pulley sent to Sturgis, SD 57785? Really interested 2010 gt500 owner :shift: :happy feet: :headscratch:

SAME HERE ; 91 OCTANE IS THE BEST I CAN GET HERE IN CANADA. HOW MUCH FO RTHE PULLEY / TUNE AN DPLUGS SENT TO ME HERE AT R3R3G4. ALSO EDMUNDS MADE 511 RWHP. THE 448 SEEMS LOW. COMMENTS??

SAME HERE ; 91 OCTANE IS THE BEST I CAN GET HERE IN CANADA. HOW MUCH FO RTHE PULLEY / TUNE AN DPLUGS SENT TO ME HERE AT R3R3G4. ALSO EDMUNDS MADE 511 RWHP. THE 448 SEEMS LOW. COMMENTS??

Go to their site and price the items and shipping a lot of great stuff, checkout the ultimate lowering kit. The pulley is $160 to $225 and tune $500.

I'd like to know how much it would cost me to bring the car in. Have it tuned with the 2.6 pulley installed. The numbers that combo put down are perfect for me.

The combo pricing carryover from the 07-09 models doesn't help much. Since they are using the stock CAI above and I'm not sure the labor pricing and such.

Looks good! Waiting for some dyno charts to see what mods I want to go with. Im only about 30 minutes from you guys so you will most likely have my business.

Zeindog/EVO--these mods look great--not being a real car expert,Im wondering what the downside is to having tune/pulley changed.Im figuring if Ford could have added that much horewpower they would have.Being an engineer I know that all design decisions are compromises,ie more HP,less reliaibilty,hotter temps, something for sure--Im really interested but would like to know any compnastion factors--thanks

Zeindog/EVO--these mods look great--not being a real car expert,Im wondering what the downside is to having tune/pulley changed.Im figuring if Ford could have added that much horewpower they would have.Being an engineer I know that all design decisions are compromises,ie more HP,less reliaibilty,hotter temps, something for sure--Im really interested but would like to know any compnastion factors--thanks

I'm interested in the answer to this as well before I pull the trigger

I had been thinking the same thing as far as the pulley is concerned........so I decided that 540 is pretty much enough for me. That's why the only real mod I am doing is the exhaust -- AR Long Tubes, catted X and the KR axle back. But I believe I need to buy a tune for those mods........is that a package I buy from Evo??

Give me a ring i will get you set up! Ask for kent

Ive posted twice on warranty issues and what other things change when you add a tune and a pulley change out--and no reply from EVO--im guessing no answr is an answer as well--there is a warranty issue,and there are things that alter the performance of the car negatively when you go for the tune et al.They're obviously reading the forum

Archived