TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Dyno #, less then 511RWHP

8camaro

Insideline got 511RWHP, yet Livernoise got 477RWHP, which is more accurate?? I am suspecting Livernoise is more accurate because insideline also posted a supercharged Hennessy Camaro video which Hennessy claimed is 550HP-600HP but insideline got that thing at 575RWHP on the dyno which created a huge buzz among the camaro boards. Days later after being confronted about the numbers, insideline admited that they (or by orders of Hennessy) used race fuel instead of 91octane.

When i first read the article from Insideline it was almost to good to be true. And for the most part when something is to good to be true it normally is. I mean 511 at the wheels would be 570+ probably. I don't think Ford would say 540 when it was 580 or something. Believe me though, I hope when more people start getting their cars and taking them to dynos we will see stock gt500's making 511 rwhp. I hope mine is!!

Weren't the 07-09 making alomst 475 rwhp stock?

The 511RWHP from Insideline might be accurate considering they claim the number based on 91 Octane gas with the Shelby. NO mods, straight stock. The problem is getting all that power planted and improve on the 1/4 mile times that we see from a variety of reviews!

Well Evolution got a lot less then 511RWHP, something is really fishy at insideline

Evolution numbers http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=45803

When you mention tuned, what exactly is being changed to improve the output numbers on the car. Will the tune effect the warranty?

Air/fuel ratio and timing mostly. An aftermarket tune may void a drivetrain warranty technically. However, you can always flash the PCM back to the stock tune, before ever bringing your Cobra in to the dealer for anything.

Archived