TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby represented at the 2009 Bull Run Rally

MMcGuirk

We got invited to be part of this great event.

I flew to Philly and got together with John Keller. We then headed up to NYC in his Vista 40th GT500.

It was really cool to see all the other cars and meet their crews. Our friends at Bull Run did a fantastic job. They were highly organized and very hospitable. The fact they had a couple of tour buses full of Maxim girls didn't hurt either.

The launch party was off the hook. MS Kardashian was there for a couple of minutes, but the Maxim girls hung out all night. Lifestyles of the rich and famous....

We kicked off the Rally a little after 10:00AM Saturday and the route card sent us to Monticello NY and Monticello Raceway. The raceway is a members only country club for car enthusiasts. It has a 4.2 mile road course and is landscaped like Augusta National golf course. After a great lunch, we fired up and the route card sent us to the Omni hotel in Pittsburgh PA.

Game on. Lots of sweet country roads, followed by a series on interstates. High speeds and high cop visibility. They were quite a few driver/ cop interviews along the way.

After a great meal at the Omni, we all headed over to a night club on the southside for a end of day one party.

Sunday started with brunch and then a route card to Fairmount West Virginia. It was a trick address and after going 93 miles to Fairmount in about an hour, we spent an hour and half more looking for Thunder Canyon Raceway. TCR was a 1/4 mile dirt oval for go karts. What a blast.

At this point, John and I split. I had to catch a plane home. We are definitely planning to return next year for the full thing.

Check out - http://www.blackmagicshine.com/bullrunrall...px?id=pre-rally - for video and blogs on the entire event.

MM

BBR1.jpg

BBR2.jpg

BBR3.jpg

BBR4.jpg

BBR5.jpg

BBR1.jpg

BBR2.jpg

BBR3.jpg

BBR4.jpg

BBR5.jpg

Archived