TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NY'ers....Watch OUT!!!

Remember, 95% of Americans aren't going to be taxed one more dime. - Barry the Liar

Well, he did say One more Dime.........I think he is moving up to Dollar Bills now...................

Thank God I live in Texas. No state income tax. Just Federal taxes and an 8% state sales tax.

I'm sure the feds are looking at you as a great untapped source of income!! :drool:

I know in Cali we have lots of problems with regards to the states finances, but NY looks to be creating its own mess. I feel horrible for all the folks out there. I have a big part of my family living out there and I wonder what their thoughts are on this issue.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/07162009/news/...n_ny_179525.htm

news_graph.jpg

That's one reason my house went up for sale NY sux's you have to pay for everything and taxed thru the roof!!! You can't get ahead of yourself.

Ok, I'm not liking any of the current healthcare proposals but out so far, but I just have to say this is about the dumbest graphic I have ever seen.

Let's see...

We have the 280K single guy "Wallstreeter" you know the ones we all bailed out last year so they could keep their jobs and bonuses. Sorry I don't feel bad for him but maybe that's me! I'm no sure how many of you are in this category so I mean nothing personal but if not for the government, he would be working McDonalds! Enough said! :finger:

Then we have the token "Small Business Owner" cause you have to have him in there, he has, hold on 10 employees for a head count cost of 50K each and that's with no health insurance? Huh? 10 employees and no healthcare? Sorry I don't feel bad for him! Of course we're not given his total annual revenue, only that to solve his dilemma we'll have to lay off one of his 50K employees. We're not given an option of passing those costs on to the people these employees serve as any other cost of doing business. For fun let's try that! For payroll a good goal would be 20 - 25% of Gross Profit (Sales - COGS). A realistic number might be 30%. So let's use that! So with a $500K payroll his revenue is about $1,666,666.66, give or take. So he can keep the person if is either makes another 3% in sales next year, increases his prices by 3%, or deceases his costs by 3% in some other area or a combination of any of the above. Of course he could just go get some healthcare for him and he workers and see if he can do better than the government plan. But that wouldn't make for as fun a graphic! :doh:

Then we have the combined couple, who I guess must represent a big majority of New Yorkers, making 1.5 million a year! He even has his sweater tied around his neck! :hysterical: Ok...I'll say I don't give two $#%! about these two, but I do truly I feel for them having to live off the remaining $718,650.00 net income each year! I bet we saved their investments in financial stocks too last year or their jobs. To those of you in this bracket, again I apologize....nothing personal!

Finally we have the "working mom" making $80,000...whoa! An $80,000 job that doesn't come with healthcare!?!?!?! I've never seen that! Oh wait! She must work for our small business owner friend above! :hysterical:

Lastly, let's look at the scary headline! "Four examples of the "BIG" new tax burden..." So what is this scary "BIG" number?

Well for our $285K "lucky to have a job" Wallstreeter it's a whopping 2.4% increase in the amount of tax he pays or 1% of his $285K salary.

Our small business owner get's an 8% increase on "based upon the payroll amount" or a 3% increase overall for 2.6% of income.

Our $1.5 million dollar Hampton's couple they pay an additional 5.4%...ouch...sorry!

Our $80K worker, IF she decides not to get healthcare will pay 2.4% or $2,000, now what's not said is they can just instead apply that $2000 to getting into the government's plan. Unless her employer decides to get healthcare then that money will go into her monthly payments like the rest of us.

And BTW! It's Congresses Healthcare plan created at the urging of the President.

Anyway, again, the healthcare plans so far don't thrill me, but this graphic is a monumental fail.

Ok, I'm not liking any of the current healthcare proposals but out so far, but I just have to say this is about the dumbest graphic I have ever seen.

Let's see...

We have the 280K single guy "Wallstreeter" you know the ones we all bailed out last year so they could keep their jobs and bonuses. Sorry I don't feel bad for him but maybe that's me! I'm no sure how many of you are in this category so I mean nothing personal but if not for the government, you would be working McDonalds! Enough said! :finger:

Then we have the token "Small Business Owner" cause you have to have him in there, he has, hold on 10 employees for a head count cost of 50K each and that's with no health insurance? Huh? 10 employees and no healthcare? Sorry I don't feel bad for him! Of course we're not given his total annual revenue, only that to solve his dilemma we'll have to lay off one of his 50K employees. We're not given an option of passing those costs on to the people these employees serve as any other cost of doing business. For fun let's try that! For payroll a good goal would be 20 - 25% of Gross Profit (Sales - COGS). A realistic number might be 30%. So let's use that! So with a $500K payroll his revenue is about $1,666,666.66, give or take. So he can keep the person if is either makes another 3% in sales next year, increases his prices by 3%, or deceases his costs by 3% in some other area or a combination of any of the above. Of course he could just go get some healthcare for him and he workers and see if he can do better than the government plan. But that wouldn't make for as fun a graphic! :doh:

Then we have the combined couple, who I guess must represent a big majority of New Yorkers, making 1.5 million a year! He even has his sweater tied around his neck! :hysterical: Ok...I'll say I don't give two $#%! about these two, but I do truly I feel for them having to live off the remaining $718,650.00 net income each year! I bet we saved their investments in financial stocks too last year or their jobs. To those of you in this bracket, again I apologize....nothing personal!

Finally we have the "working mom" making $80,000...whoa! An $80,000 job that doesn't come with healthcare!?!?!?! I've never seen that! Oh wait! She must work for our small business owner friend above! :hysterical:

Lastly, let's look at the scary headline! "Four examples of the "BIG" new tax burden..." So what is this scary "BIG" number?

Well for our $285K "lucky to have a job" Wallstreeter it's a whopping 2.4% increase in the amount of tax he pays or 1% of his $285K salary.

Our small business owner get's an 8% increase on "based upon the payroll amount" or a 3% increase overall for 2.6% of income.

Our $1.5 million dollar Hampton's couple they pay an additional 5.4%...ouch...sorry!

Our $80K worker, IF they decide to not get healthcare will pay 2.4% or $2,000, now what's not said is they can just instead apply that $2000 to getting into the government's plan. Unless her employer decides to get healthcare then that money will go into her monthly payments like the rest of us.

And BTW! It's Congresses Healthcare plan created at the urging of the President.

Anyway, again, the healthcare plans so far don't thrill me, but this graphic is a monumental fail.

When did it become the employers responsibility to pay for everyones healthcare?

Where in our constitution does it say if you are a business owner and hire employees you must provide health insurance???

What about my mortgage, car payments, vacations, food, utilities, education, etc???? Why stop on just insurance? I want my employer to pay for everything I need in addition to my regular salary!!!

The bottom line is this. When government takes more from businesses it the PEOPLE that will PAY AND SUFFER!!! The business will just cut jobs to pay for the cost, or cut salaries to off set the cost, or raise prices, or a combination of those, or just close their doors and go out of business!

There is NO SUCH THING as businesses paying for anything! ALL costs of ALL businesses are passed onto the CONSUMERS! That would be US! THE PEOPLE! So who is REALLY paying for all this??? WE ARE!

We are going to pay for it all through price increases, pay cuts, and job losses! PERIOD!

Now if people can afford to pay for all these price increases, take pay cuts, or even live on unemployment....why not just buy your own insurance instead? It would be cheaper in the long run. ESPECIALLY compared to what the cost will be when government controls it!

BTW...please explain how if it wasn't for government we would all be working for Mc Donald's???? Did you bump your head? It is BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT that we have so much poverty in this country!

When did it become the employers responsibility to pay for everyones healthcare?

Where in our constitution does it say if you are a business owner and hire employees you must provide health insurance???

What about my mortgage, car payments, vacations, food, utilities, education, etc???? Why stop on just insurance? I want my employer to pay for everything I need in addition to my regular salary!!!

The bottom line is this. When government takes more from businesses it the PEOPLE that will PAY AND SUFFER!!! The business will just cut jobs to pay for the cost, or cut salaries to off set the cost, or raise prices, or a combination of those, or just close their doors and go out of business!

There is NO SUCH THING as businesses paying for anything! ALL costs of ALL businesses are passed onto the CONSUMERS! That would be US! THE PEOPLE! So who is REALLY paying for all this??? WE ARE!

We are going to pay for it all through price increases, pay cuts, and job losses! PERIOD!

Now if people can afford to pay for all these price increases, take pay cuts, or even live on unemployment....why not just buy your own insurance instead? It would be cheaper in the long run. ESPECIALLY compared to what the cost will be when government controls it!

BTW...please explain how if it wasn't for government we would all be working for Mc Donald's???? Did you bump your head? It is BECAUSE OF GOVERNMENT that we have so much poverty in this country!

Well said, from Alaska, lucky no State no sales Tax and I'm a small buisness owner.

Archived