TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I am Ticked !

I just saw this on my wife’s military support site, she sends five or six care packages a month to the servicemen overseas. I saw this and feel it is an insult to them and to me.

To read the full comment or see all your comments, go to MySpace:

http://comment.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewComments&friendID=148974308

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw this on my wife’s military support site, she sends five or six care packages a month to the servicemen overseas. I saw this and feel it is an insult to them and to me.

I don't blame you!!! My B/P is about 400/350 after watching that! I also signed the petition!

I'll have Capt America throw his shield and off with there heads!!!! That's why these kids are all screwed up from groups like this and kids today worship drug gun carrying Rap singers. Instead of the people who protect this country and keep us free!!!!

WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF!!!!!!!!!

:rant2: I am sooooooo F'in PISSED after watching that video that I can even see straight right now!! :rant2:

Petition signed, fight is ON!!!

I am embarrassed to be a resident of California. I am a born and rased native Californian who HATES this state with a passion.

This is past the LONG PAST the "petition" stage and will be heard by the Supreme Court it sounds like in October.

On Monday, in a brief filed in the U.S. Supreme Court in the case Salazar v. Buono, the U.S. government defended the constitutionality of the 75-year old Mojave Desert Cross, which memorializes World War I veterans.

http://www.newsmax.com/insidecover/desert_.../01/220385.html

Do a Google search...lots of info on this fight that has gone on since a least 2002 with the government pretty much doing anything it can to allow the cross to stand.

WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF!!!!!!!!!

:rant2: I am sooooooo F'in PISSED after watching that video that I can even see straight right now!! :rant2:

Petition signed, fight is ON!!!

I am embarrassed to be a resident of California. I am a born and rased native Californian who HATES this state with a passion.

This kind of sh :censored: t turns my stomach.........Petition signed, (Jeffisheretoo's comment understood)

if only to show the Supreme Court how many Americans are outraged about this.

and my name needs to be on that list.

They should put a non religious symbol that could represent service people of all faiths. Thats would probably be a solution that everyone would be happy with. After all ,this is only representing Christian serviceman and excluding Jewish and other faiths or non believers who have also died for this country as well. JMHO.

KC666

:rockon:

They should put a non religious symbol that could represent service people of all faiths. Thats would probably be a solution that everyone would be happy with. After all ,this is only representing Christian serviceman and excluding Jewish and other faiths or non believers who have also died for this country as well. JMHO.

KC666

Its a F***ing memorial, its not offense to anyone. It doesnt need to be changed it should be left along, it represents the people that built it and their memories and desire to honor those who serve. Its not about making some dumb hic who might be offend if he drives out into the middle of the desert and sees this happy, its about the men who built it and are honored by it. If a bunch of veterans got together and put a star of david as a memorial would i as a christian be offend, NO i would realize that that is a memorial for veterans and be glad knowing they are honoring them including myself being a christian. I just dont get it, this country has headed in completely the wrong direction and is focusing on things that are so stupid and ignoring the major problems we really face. The stupid trivial things you see in the news today are really very sad, like small children running to their parents to solve their problems, its disgusting. Anyways didnt mean to rant but wow im pissed!

We have reached a point where it is acceptable to offend the majority to avoid offending the few. What kind of sense does that make. The constitution never said you have right to go your whole life and never be offended. It says the the Government may not promote one specific religion. Having a cross (or the Ten Commandments) on federal property does not promote one specific religion over any other. It simply acknowledges that these particular men happened to be Christian. As long as the Govt. doen not prohibit any other religious group from doing something similar there is no promotion.

These suits are ALWAYS brought on by an athiest. When was the last time you heard a Bhuddist, Muslim, Jew, Hindu, etc asking to remove the word God or even the Ten Commandments? Uh, never! Hate to break it to you athiests, but you are the MINORITY. By choice even. Get used to it. People are too damn sensitive these days. IT IS NOT PERSONAL!!! The world isnt out to get you. You are just paranoid. If you dont like it, then dont drive out into the middle of the desert to see it! If churches offend you, dont go! If prayers offend you then dont say them. But dont try to impose your minority will on everybody else.

Get a life! Enjoy it! Dont go looking for things to fight about!

Rant over! :soapbox:

KC666

You are wrong my friend. Why can't there be a "Christian" only memorial? No skin off your ass. It was Christian men who erected that and I'm sure to them it represents all the people they served w/not just Christians. It is not just to memorialize the Christians.

If someone of Jewish faith or some other faith wants to erect a memorial for something similar, so be it.

What I probably would have a problem with if lets say someone erected a Jewish or whatever religion, memorial to only memorialize people of their own faith that fought in a war that included men of other religions.

Its a F***ing memorial, its not offense to anyone. It doesnt need to be changed it should be left along, it represents the people that built it and their memories and desire to honor those who serve. Its not about making some dumb hic who might be offend if he drives out into the middle of the desert and sees this happy, its about the men who built it and are honored by it. If a bunch of veterans got together and put a star of david as a memorial would i as a christian be offend, NO i would realize that that is a memorial for veterans and be glad knowing they are honoring them including myself being a christian. I just dont get it, this country has headed in completely the wrong direction and is focusing on things that are so stupid and ignoring the major problems we really face. The stupid trivial things you see in the news today are really very sad, like small children running to their parents to solve their problems, its disgusting. Anyways didnt mean to rant but wow im pissed!

Retired 1 SFG, currently working as a civilian contractor at USASOC.

No kidding, im surprised i havent seen you car around, will have to try and get together sometime when i get back to the states.

My 500 isn't that noticable. No side stripes or over the hood stripes. We could head out to Hope Mills...there's a Mustang club that shows up in advanced auto next to sonics and they usually have some pretty nice cars.

My 500 isn't that noticable. No side stripes or over the hood stripes. We could head out to Hope Mills...there's a Mustang club that shows up in advanced auto next to sonics and they usually have some pretty nice cars.

Alright sounds like a plan. Ive been out there a few times before, they do have some really nice cars. Ill let you know when i get back into town

You are wrong my friend. Why can't there be a "Christian" only memorial? No skin off your ass. It was Christian men who erected that and I'm sure to them it represents all the people they served w/not just Christians. It is not just to memorialize the Christians.

If someone of Jewish faith or some other faith wants to erect a memorial for something similar, so be it.

What I probably would have a problem with if lets say someone erected a Jewish or whatever religion, memorial to only memorialize people of their own faith that fought in a war that included men of other religions.

Thats just the point, a cross is a specific religous symbol, it doesnt represent all men only Christian ones. Thats fine but not on public land.

It all much ado about nothing, but then again, the indians had a religous symbol on public lands and were forced to take it down. Not many outraged about that.

KC666

Thats just the point, a cross is a specific religious symbol, it doesn't represent all men only Christian ones. Thats fine but not on public land.

It all much ado about nothing, but then again, the Indians had a religious symbol on public lands and were forced to take it down. Not many outraged about that.

KC

\

I don't normally wade into this stuff, but this is an exception. Sir, you need to read the whole case before making comments like this. What I found most disturbing was that the VFW built this memorial on THEIR land and then donated it to the US government as a WWI memorial. So, now some 70+ years later, the court's views on the issue of memorials that express a religious belief are unconstitutional because of their interpretation of the establishment clause. OK, so be it. So then, the US government works a deal to give the land the cross is on back to the VFW in exchange for other land in the immediate area that the VFW currently owns. Here is where I get pissed: The courts rule that the exchange is unconstitutional also! Where sir in our Constitution is that found. The answer is no where. The courts just do not like people not accepting what they think the Constitution means. So, if the whole issue is, like you state "not on public land", why does anyone have a problem with the land being transfered into private hands? The answer sir, is they don't really care where the cross is. Their issue is that it is a cross. Oh, one more thing: If crosses and other religious symbols are a problem on government land, will we be defending the crosses and other religious symbols that sit atop the graves of our honored dead in NATIONAL cemeteries from attacks by the ACLU in the future? I ask, where will this stop? Thanks all for your time.....

\

I don't normally wade into this stuff, but this is an exception. Sir, you need to read the whole case before making comments like this. What I found most disturbing was that the VFW built this memorial on THEIR land and then donated it to the US government as a WWI memorial. So, now some 70+ years later, the court's views on the issue of memorials that express a religious belief are unconstitutional because of their interpretation of the establishment clause. OK, so be it. So then, the US government works a deal to give the land the cross is on back to the VFW in exchange for other land in the immediate area that the VFW currently owns. Here is where I get pissed: The courts rule that the exchange is unconstitutional also! Where sir in our Constitution is that found. The answer is no where. The courts just do not like people not accepting what they think the Constitution means. So, if the whole issue is, like you state "not on public land", why does anyone have a problem with the land being transfered into private hands? The answer sir, is they don't really care where the cross is. Their issue is that it is a cross. Oh, one more thing: If crosses and other religious symbols are a problem on government land, will we be defending the crosses and other religious symbols that sit atop the graves of our honored dead in NATIONAL cemeteries from attacks by the ACLU in the future? I ask, where will this stop? Thanks all for your time.....

+1000

\

Actually you have that backward. It was public land, the governemnt tried to save the memorial by exchanging the public land it sits on for some land owned by the VFW in 2004. It was built on public land originally. If you can find a link that says otherwise, please provide it. Read below:

In 2004, Congress responded by passing legislation that exchanged a local plot of private land for the land that the memorial stood on. Since that legislation, the property on which the memorial stands, is owned by the VFW.

In 2007, a 3 judge panel on the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals, upheld the lower court ruling, and invalidated the transfer of land, stating that “carving out a tiny parcel of property in the midst of this vast preserve — like a donut hole with the cross atop it — will do nothing to minimize the impermissible governmental endorsement of the religious symbol.”

Then in the fall of 2008, the Bush administration appealed the Circuit Court ruling on the basis that the 9th Circuit Court’s “seriously misguided decision” would require the government “to tear down a cross that has stood without incident for 70 years as a memorial to fallen service members.” In February, the Supreme Court agreed to review the case. It will be heard this fall.

http://godandcountry.blogtownhall.com/?tag=VFW

Grave markers are different in that they respesent the individual soldiers faith. There are plenty of stars of david as well. In time you will probably see cresent moons and wiccan symbols in Arlington and elsewhere. It may be that way now.

The simple solution is to make a memorial that respesents all WW1 soldiers without the religous trappings. This would honor ALL the soldiers, not just the Christian ones.

Let me ask you this, if that was a big cresent moon or star of David, would you be OK with it?

The constitution is very specific, the government is to be religion neutral. It cannot interfere with religion, nor support religion. This part of the constitution is not being followed very well as we all know. Some have a problem with it. Some see religion in general as superstitious nonsense that has no business being codified into law or institutionalized by the governement or given special privilages. No one can really agree on religion or beliefs which is why the founding fathers put that in there. It best the government and religion not mix.

Sportcars: I got a good chuckle reading your post. The constitution is designed to protect the minority from the majority. This is not mob rules here. You may not be happy about that now, but you might change your mind someday because Muslims are growing faster than Christians and someday THEY will be the majority and then, by your rule, they would put all the Christian Infidels to death...your grandkids. It may be niffty to be a Christian now, I doubt it will be in the future.

Those who are so eager to institutionalize religion should think long and hard about the implications for future generations. The presedents set now will still apply when the new flavor of the century religion comes to power. Right now the Muslims are out producing Christians by a wide margin.

KC666

Archived