TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Roush Performance 5W-50 oil

zcp789

Was just looking in a parts mag and saw that Roush Performance is now making full synthetic oil. and they make 5W-50.

Anyone used/tried this? or read anything about it?

I have used it for two changes now. It's worth every penny. I bought mine directly from Roush.

• 2 months later...
Still using Fords filter or has someone else made one that does everything the Ford filter is supposed to do?

I've got one of THESE on mine. 3 oil changes so far, just take it off, disassemble, wash....re-install.

Oil pressure increased significantly according to the OE gauge (wish I had an aftermarket gauge with real pressures to report). And you can inspect the container for debris before washing. I've found four or five small metal shavings this past change (about the size of a very small dust mite, very tiny). I'll have to see if that continues :lurk:

Still using Fords filter or has someone else made one that does everything the Ford filter is supposed to do?

I purchased a couple of Ford Racing oil filters for my next oil change. The last Motorcraft FL-820S filter I purchased was a 1/4" shorter than the previous ones I used.

IMG_3684.jpg

Archived