TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Delivery time?

keb

So, apparantly my Sterling gray/black stripe GT5000 was built today (7-15) on the window sticker. Two questions:

1. For those of you that have your car, how long was the time between build date and delivery date? The dealership (Milwaukee) is saying probably early August.

2. Is there a way to track where the car is? I know some of you have figured out it is on some dock or on some train? Please share how you know this!

Thanks

KEB

So, apparantly my Sterling gray/black stripe GT5000 was built today (7-15) on the window sticker. Two questions:

1. For those of you that have your car, how long was the time between build date and delivery date? The dealership (Milwaukee) is saying probably early August.

2. Is there a way to track where the car is? I know some of you have figured out it is on some dock or on some train? Please share how you know this!

Thanks

KEB

That is probably not a build date but the date you pulled up the sticker. If you pull it again it will give you the date you pull it up at the bottom of the sticker. My car was built on May 8th and I still donot have it.

That is probably not a build date but the date you pulled up the sticker. If you pull it again it will give you the date you pull it up at the bottom of the sticker. My car was built on May 8th and I still donot have it.

Thanks for the reply.

Your are right, that is the date at the bottom of the window sticker, when I printed out the sticker 5 days ago, it had July 10th as the date at the bottom.

However, at the top, near the blend number there is a series of numbers that reads "120090715'. I thought the last numbers might mean July 15, 2010. The dealership thinks that it was built monday, 7-13-09. I am not sure what their source is.

Window sticker link below

http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.co...vbp8js5a5136287

Thanks

KB

Thanks for the reply.

Your are right, that is the date at the bottom of the window sticker, when I printed out the sticker 5 days ago, it had July 10th as the date at the bottom.

However, at the top, near the blend number there is a series of numbers that reads "120090715'. I thought the last numbers might mean July 15, 2010. The dealership thinks that it was built monday, 7-13-09. I am not sure what their source is.

Thanks

KB

You may be right that number on my sticker matches my buid date. Have you called Ford Customer Service to see what build date and ETA they have for your car? The number is 1-800-392-3673

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks

KB

youre right thats the build date--youll see a 6/19 too, that was the original build date.The dealer can access VVS and give you details.Mine took 2 weeks from build to my dealer near Atl

Just pulled up my invoice and it shows the car was made on June 17th yet the customer service rep gave me an ETA of August 5th. I just do not understand why it would take this long to deliver these cars. I know my story is not different from the rest of you guys but I have ordered cars for years and at times have been able to predict the day they are delivered (yes all from Ford). What is the mystery with these cars on delivery. I am having my dealer check into the "hot" status you can supposively apply during delivery which moves the car up in priority at least on the truck end of the journey but so far no one knows how to make that happen...anybody on this forum know how to make that happen.

Archived