TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Nerw 2010 Owners....Exhaust Sound

War Eagle

Those of you that have your new cars can you give us an idea of the difference in the exhaust on the 2007-2009 and the new GT500.

I was really disappointed with my 2009 and am hoping that the 2010 will be louder and deeper. How does it sound from outside the car when accelerating. I had mine at the track and let a friend make a run with it and I could hardly hear the darn thing when it went by. Everyone in the Mustang club at the track that day dubbed my car the "Baby Shelby" because it was so quite, no one could believe it.

Botom line, am I still going to need after market exhaust?

Steve

Those of you that have your new cars can you give us an idea of the difference in the exhaust on the 2007-2009 and the new GT500.

I was really disappointed with my 2009 and am hoping that the 2010 will be louder and deeper. How does it sound from outside the car when accelerating. I had mine at the track and let a friend make a run with it and I could hardly hear the darn thing when it went by. Everyone in the Mustang club at the track that day dubbed my car the "Baby Shelby" because it was so quite, no one could believe it.

Steve

Have you tried Youtube?

Steve

Why even bothered keeping the stock exhaust?? Let it roar with an aftermarket one :happy feet:

Love the 2010 Exhaust its just perfect, just the right amount of sound and no drone like an aftermarket exhaust would have. Its much louder outside than the 2009 Gt500.

if you want loud,this aint it--id say throaty.Im a guy who put flowmasters 50 on a new vette,so i like loud.The issue with loud is its hard to talk in the car.Ive heard a 2010 go thru 1st/2nd at full throtllte,and i think it sounds great,but from inside,not so much

if you want loud,this aint it--id say throaty.Im a guy who put flowmasters 50 on a new vette,so i like loud.The issue with loud is its hard to talk in the car.Ive heard a 2010 go thru 1st/2nd at full throtllte,and i think it sounds great,but from inside,not so much

My '08 with KR mufflers (stock X-Pipe)is very loud at start-up and under acceleration. Then at cruising speeds very quite. It is very throttle dependent. I love it, with the exception of really no way to take off stealth ever. With the X-pipe it has what at least I would call and exotic sound. Some guys like the deeper sounding H-pipes, but I like the exotic X-pipe sound.

Archived