TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

My name is Chris, I live in southern California, and I am the new owner of a 2008 Shelby GT500.

White with Blue Stripes... for now.

Mods: BMR LCA's non adjustable, BMR UCA adjustable with a BMR UCA mount, Mcleod twin disk rxt 1000hp clutch and steel flywheel

Hoping to be the youngest member who purchased a Shelby himself but we'll see!

• 5 months later...

Hello all.

Not new to Mustang since my first was a 64 1/2 poppy red convt. Had a 69 428 Mustang CJ, sold it and got married.

The bug bit me again after 25 years and picked up an '08 Mustang GT in Vapor. But my dream was always a Shelby.

After owning the 08 for 2 1/2 years and multiple show trophies, it just got traded Jan 2016 on a:

2008 GT500, Vapor with Ebony stripes, and factory navigation! 20K miles, and has JLT CAI and Corsa axle backs.

Life is Soooooooooooooooooo good.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys. Picked up an 09 GT500 in Eleanor colors about a month ago. Only 7300 miles. Previous owner did the JLT CF big mouth intake, metco 2.6, steeda upper and lower control arms, flow master American thunder exhaust, and I'm guessing a tune even though I have no paperwork or knowledge of who did it. Anyways, hope to learn some things from all you guys. Cheers.

Hey guys. Picked up an 09 GT500 in Eleanor colors about a month ago. Only 7300 miles. Previous owner did the JLT CF big mouth intake, metco 2.6, steeda upper and lower control arms, flow master American thunder exhaust, and I'm guessing a tune even though I have no paperwork or knowledge of who did it. Anyways, hope to learn some things from all you guys. Cheers.

Welcome aboard! If you're just planning on street driving and spirited driving once in awhile, leave the setup as is. If you want to compete on drag or track, get your wallet ready :) Me personally have pretty much same setup on a 07 + 67 mm TB from VMP with tune. I just like going in a straight line WOT in the middle of the desert with nobody else around :)

I'm thinking about doing the TB, long tube headers and catted x pipe, and the VMP heat exchanger, then a retune and done. I mainly do spirited driving, street driving, and the occasional drag race.

That would be a great rig for your style of driving then. Enjoy!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello form Houston TX! I've recently acquired a 2009 GT500 (35kmi) to enhance my daily commuting experience. I drive around 100mi round trip every day and i decided it was time to trade in the 10 yr old truck for something a little sexier. Looking forward to learning and sharing while I'm here! See you all around

post-46573-0-49208300-1468597978_thumb.jpg

Howdy. New TS member and new owner of a 2009 Shelby GT500. When I was 16 y.o. the guy next to our gas station had a 69 Shelby GT500. I used to was it in the bay for free just to be around it. Now I'm 61 and own a 2009. Only took me 45 years.

This site is great! I'm already picking up pointers reading the archives. Thank you one and all.

Sorry, almost forgot, I live in the Indy area.

IMG_1192 (1).jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hey shelby fans!

My name is Tony and I just bought my first shelby... a 2008 GT500, (vapor with black stripes). I have owned several classic mustangs, but this is my first shelby. I have lots to learn and appreciate every ones input. I live in North GA.

Hey, all y'all. I'm retired in beautiful East TN. I've been gleaning info from this great forum (& others) for so long, I thought I was a member! I bought a stock 2007 GT500 vert (triple black) in 2014. Below is a list of mods I've subjected it to; it's quick & could pull stumps, but I keep in mind that it has more skill than I do. Also, I removed the front splitter: driveways in hill country - nuff sed.

RD

JLT CAI
93 octane tune
New 2012 GT500 rear axle (complete/ 3.73 gears)
Red FRPP suspension all around
Carbon fiber driveshaft (Driveshaft Shop)
FRPP (M-6312-SVT) crankshaft damper
JLT oil separators
Whiteline adjustable Panhard bar (track arm)
Whiteline Panhard bar brace (track bar)

Corsa cat-back exhaust
Chrome Torq-thrust 18” wheels
Nitto NT 555’s
Raxion Gen5 tail lights (sequential)
D/S airbag recall completed

Edited by RDinTN

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to find this forum. Came here with questions and already received answers. You guys are awesome!

I owned a 66 Mustang Shelby clone for several years and looking to buy a newer Shelby soon. I'm from Oklahoma.

Go, Shelby!

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/30/2018 at 1:28 PM, Jason Silva said:

Hello everyone.

Jason Silva here. Just purchased my first Shelby. A used 2007 GT500 with 20,800 miles. Totally stock. I live in Southern California.

Welcome to Team Shelby Jason & enjoy your GT 500 . Any mods, what colour is she.?

Thank you. She is Torch Red with white stripes. Mods are: Ford Racing 65mm TB, JLT CAI, and VMP 2.5 pulley and 90mm idler, Ford Racing mufflers, JLT 3.0 oil catch cans on passenger and driver side. NGK TR7 IX plugs. .035 gap.  StopTech slotted and drilled rotors. Just under 22,000 miles.

• 4 years later...