TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Nice condition. Sorry, I just didn't think of it as a "ride"...but you are right...you do RIDE it.

Dave,

No problem. Picked them up in India when I lived there--you should have seen them before I got them restored. Company wouldn't let me drive so I had to sneak out on my motorcycle and scooter for fun :bike: . Talk about crazy drivers! Anyway, it is a ride... Regards.

Stuart :bike:

Hello fellow GT500 owners, my name is Daron I've had my GRABBER ORANGE GT 500 VERT since OCTOBER 2,2006 and I love it :hyper: And yes my GO GT500 has been to FRED at EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE I got the STAGE 4 with ALUMINIUM D/S with loop, STEEDA shifter, full exhaust with long tube header and LIGHT BAR. I'll try to post pic but if it doesn't work go to evoperfrom.com I'm in the photo gallery. This is a great site and I'm happy to be a part of it THANKS!

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/got.../IMGP2633-1.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/got...00/IMGP2630.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/got...00/IMGP2616.jpg

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/got...00/IMGP2608.jpg

Hello fellow GT500 owners, my name is Daron I've had my GRABBER ORANGE GT 500 VERT since OCTOBER 2,2006 and I love it :hyper: And yes my GO GT500 has been to FRED at EVOLUTION PERFORMANCE I got the STAGE 4 with ALUMINIUM D/S with loop, STEEDA shifter, full exhaust with long tube header and LIGHT BAR. I'll try to post pic but if it doesn't work go to evoperfrom.com I'm in the photo gallery. This is a great site and I'm happy to be a part of it THANKS!

Welcome to the site gotme! You'll be in good company here, lots of GO lovers. Looks like you have it all modded up already, so hope you're enjoying it. I've only got 200 miles on mine...Indiana is not friendly in Jan-Mar.

Dave

Welcome, Chuck!

Wow, your car looks beautiful! Nice story, too. That must have been an interesting trip...all the way from Kansas. Gotta hear that one sometime...

Congrats & welcome to the board, Gotme1

Very pretty car (I LOVE this color in the 'vert). Verrrry nice. I like the wheels and you already have an impressive list of mods going! Come by often, there is lots of great info on the site!

~Chris

Edited by crispy23c

Hey, gotme1 -- WELCOME!

Looks like you're all pumped up already ;-) I assume you have suspension mods too? Feel free to take the Wheel Hop Poll over in GT500 Mods & Tech.

Curious what exhaust is that on the stage-IV? Looks sweet!!!

Dan

THANKS everyone :) And yes I also had full suspension work done at evolution (FRED told me that with the hp I'm pushin I needed or I would wheel hop and wouldn't be able to put it to the ground)

the exhaust is long tube from Stainless Works O/R X pipe low restriction cats BORLA mufflers with 3" chrome tip :yahoo: IT WORKS REALLY WELL FRED knows his chit :bowdown:

almost forgot had 4.10 installed

:drool:

Edited by gotme1

Welcome Daron!! Want to work on mine, but weather and $$ at the moment prevent me from doing anything now. Nice ride, but I think red is faster :yup: So I won't have to do as much to make it go faster. :speedie:

Thank,s for the welcome Chris, my ride home did draw alot of attention I was'nt ready for, but was nice to see. My Snake's first victom was a groundhog crossing 5 lanes to get to me, thank GOD he only cracked my passenger drive light, he on the otherhand was road pizza.

Edited by APPLESREDGT500

LUCK OF THE IRISH! I closed the deal on my Shelby on St. Patrick's day. Very intentional. With a last name of O'Brien, I picked a day that I will always remember for a once in a life time opportunity. Almost five months of hard work, hundreds of phone calls and personal contact with well over 100 dealers before I was able to get a Cobra. I called Virginia, North Carolina, New York, Wyoming, North Dakota, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, Arizona, Mississippi, Minnesota, Oklahoma, California, Texas and a couple other states that I have forgotten.

I passed early on a Performance White with Blue for $20,000 over. Actually, there were many opportunities for this deal. Three months ago I passed on a Red with White for $11,000 over. I really wanted White with Blue. Two months ago I passed on another Red and White for $10,000 over. I still wanted a White with Blue, but I tried to pimp the deal for another $2,000 and the salesman had the car sold for $15,000 over before I left his office. Another dealer took my offer, then finished the auction on ebay and sold the car for more than my offer with the lame excuse that someone forgot to end the auction. My fault, I didn't have a deposit as I should have. I finally found a dealer, Lone Star Ford in Houston, that was fair and ready to be reasonable. They had a White with Tungsten that someone had backed out of and I made an offer if they would change the Stripes to Blue. They agreed but suggested I wait to look at the Tungston. As soon as I saw it, I knew that it would stay with the Tungsten. Gorgeous! The deal was a little over $14,000 and they threw in a Cobra car cover. These guys are truly professional.

I was 18 years old in 1967. A freshman in college, broke, working at a McDonald's for $1.75 an hour and I could only dream of owning a Cobra GT500. 40 years later, I'm still in the Burger business. Since 1967 I've owned 17 restaurants, currently I own 3 Burger King restaurants and I am no longer broke, thank God!

America, what a great country. It's the best country in the world. You can not only dream, your dreams can become reality. God, mom, apple pie, and the American way. Faster than a speeding bullit, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall bulidings in a single bound. Yes folks, I don't think I can out fly Superman, but I think I can give him a run for his money in the quarter mile after today.

All that work and I finally find a car 80 miles from my house. Go figure! What a great day.

Regards to all

welcome to our site Cobrafan nice story glad you were able to find a built car ready to go, alot of us here have had to wait a long time to get their car. Their is plenty of information here to learn from, get ready for lots of reading.

LUCK OF THE IRISH! I closed the deal on my Shelby on St. Patrick's day. Very intentional. With a last name of O'Brien, I picked a day that I will always remember for a once in a life time opportunity. Almost five months of hard work, hundreds of phone calls and personal contact with well over 100 dealers before I was able to get a Cobra. I called Virginia, North Carolina, New York, Wyoming, North Dakota, Florida, Arkansas, Missouri, Arizona, Mississippi, Minnesota, Oklahoma, California, Texas and a couple other states that I have forgotten.

All that work and I finally find a car 80 miles from my house. Go figure! What a great day.

Regards to all

Welcome to the forum...glad to have you. Nice story, Mr. King, I like the new fries by the way. :hyper:

I passed early on a Performance White with Blue for $20,000 over. Actually, there were many opportunities for this deal. Three months ago I passed on a Red with White for $11,000 over. I really wanted White with Blue. Two months ago I passed on another Red and White for $10,000 over. I still wanted a White with Blue, but I tried to pimp the deal for another $2,000 and the salesman had the car sold for $15,000 over before I left his office. Another dealer took my offer, then finished the auction on ebay and sold the car for more than my offer with the lame excuse that someone forgot to end the auction. My fault, I didn't have a deposit as I should have. I finally found a dealer, Lone Star Ford in Houston, that was fair and ready to be reasonable. They had a White with Tungsten that someone had backed out of and I made an offer if they would change the Stripes to Blue. They agreed but suggested I wait to look at the Tungston. As soon as I saw it, I knew that it would stay with the Tungsten. Gorgeous! The deal was a little over $14,000 and they threw in a Cobra car cover. These guys are truly professional.

I was 18 years old in 1967. A freshman in college, broke, working at a McDonald's for $1.75 an hour and I could only dream of owning a Cobra GT500. 40 years later, I'm still in the Burger business. Since 1967 I've owned 17 restaurants, currently I own 3 Burger King restaurants and I am no longer broke, thank God!

America, what a great country. It's the best country in the world. You can not only dream, your dreams can become reality. God, mom, apple pie, and the American way. Faster than a speeding bullit, more powerful than a locomotive, able to leap tall bulidings in a single bound. Yes folks, I don't think I can out fly Superman, but I think I can give him a run for his money in the quarter mile after today.

Regards to all

Great story, CobraFan -- I was 19 in '67 ;-)

Congratulations on your order and WELCOME to SU!!!

-Dan

Hello everyone.

This is my first post. I'm here mostly as an observer. My boyfriend is thinking about buying one of these cars. So i'm trying to learn as much as I can about it. There is definitely a wealth of information here. To me though, it's like reading a foreign language.

If no one minds, i may from time to time, ask a question.

Hello everyone.

This is my first post. I'm here mostly as an observer. My boyfriend is thinking about buying one of these cars. So i'm trying to learn as much as I can about it. There is definitely a wealth of information here. To me though, it's like reading a foreign language.

Welcome to the site. Questions are always welcomed! We can be a pretty goofy group, but are mostly harmless.

Edited by Joe G

Hello everyone.

Hi Aimee -- welcome to Stangs Unleashed!!!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have -- plenty of folks with plenty of knowledge to help you and your boyfriend.

Yeah, there's alot on this site but, if interested in the GT500 there's a few areas you'll want to check out:

GT500 Discussion (general discussion of GT500 topics)

GT500 Mods & Tech (tech discussions of the car, modifying it, technology, etc)

GT500 Off topic (this is more socializing and hanging out -- a lot of fun)

Poke a round and soon you'll be amazing your boyfriend with little tidbits of info he'll be jealous of ;)

Have fun!

-Dan

Hi everybody. Well, here's another 'lurker' coming out of the woodwork. I'm located in SW British Columbia, Canada...the best place to live in our country for a car guy, because we have very little winter.

Ordered my GT500 Coupe a month ago. Will be Ebony/Tungsten with red interior accent. Should be here mid to late May.

During my 'lurking' period, I noted the general upset about pricing on these cars, ADM's, etc. If you're in the U.S. consider yourselves extremely lucky. Here's what we face up here. First, the Coupe base MSRP is $54,000 and Vert $58,000. We pay 7% Provincial sales tax and 6% Federal. The Provincial tax jumps to 10% on the total price of any new vehicle over $57,000 (luxury tax). In addition, our Federal politicians have just announced a gas guzzler tax that, when it passes, will add $3000 to the price of a GT500. Most of the dealers are selling the GT500 for $10,000 - $20,000 over MSRP, so do some quick math and you can see with a few options, mods and insurance, you might have a few thousand remaining from 100 grand. But hey, I'm 64 years old next month, have had muscle cars since I was 16, so I ain't stopping now. Just sold a fully restored 1966 Nova SS L79 (327/350HP). Thanks to Barrett-Jackson inflating collector car prices, I got almost enough to buy the GT500. Doesn't get any better than that.

John

Hi everybody. Well, here's another 'lurker' coming out of the woodwork. I'm located in SW British Columbia, Canada...the best place to live in our country for a car guy, because we have very little winter.

Ordered my GT500 Coupe a month ago. Will be Ebony/Tungsten with red interior accent. Should be here mid to late May.

During my 'lurking' period, I noted the general upset about pricing on these cars, ADM's, etc. If you're in the U.S. consider yourselves extremely lucky. Here's what we face up here. First, the Coupe base MSRP is $54,000 and Vert $58,000. We pay 7% Provincial sales tax and 6% Federal. The Provincial tax jumps to 10% on the total price of any new vehicle over $57,000 (luxury tax). In addition, our Federal politicians have just announced a gas guzzler tax that, when it passes, will add $3000 to the price of a GT500. Most of the dealers are selling the GT500 for $10,000 - $20,000 over MSRP, so do some quick math and you can see with a few options, mods and insurance, you might have a few thousand remaining from 100 grand. But hey, I'm 64 years old next month, have had muscle cars since I was 16, so I ain't stopping now. Just sold a fully restored 1966 Nova SS L79 (327/350HP). Thanks to Barrett-Jackson inflating collector car prices, I got almost enough to buy the GT500. Doesn't get any better than that.

John

Yes, relative to Canada, we are paying less...agreed. Hopefully you do get some service out of all those taxes you pay.

Welcome to the site, keep us posted on your progress.

Dave

Hello,

I'm Funbro. (One of the origional "Fun Brothers") I'm now the proud owner of my second cobra. I did have a 2004 Yellow cobra that I gave up to get my Red Shelby GT500 convertable. I am one of a small few that waited and have a convertable with the Mach1000 sound system. Ford had to go back to the drawing board because the subwoofer didn't fit in the back of the verts. But I did finaly get mine in february.

I'm looking forward to learning more about my car on this forum and sharing what I figure out as well.

Take care,

Rob

John

Wow! Nice "trade-in" <lol> Yeah, that's pricey ... I can't afford one here (US)!

Welcome to Stangs Unleashed, John!!! Look forward to hearing about your new arrival when she comes in!

-Dan

Hi Aimee -- welcome to Stangs Unleashed!!!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have -- plenty of folks with plenty of knowledge to help you and your boyfriend.

Yeah, there's alot on this site but, if interested in the GT500 there's a few areas you'll want to check out:

GT500 Discussion (general discussion of GT500 topics)

GT500 Mods & Tech (tech discussions of the car, modifying it, technology, etc)

GT500 Off topic (this is more socializing and hanging out -- a lot of fun)

Poke a round and soon you'll be amazing your boyfriend with little tidbits of info he'll be jealous of ;)

Have fun!

-Dan