TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW MEMBER INTRODUCTIONS

Guest staff2

Ruf, there was no way you could mistake the Pumpkin, there was only one around like it!

Thinking back about, it now. The thing was insane, even light acceleration would chirp the tires on th 1-2 shift, and it was an automatic. She was fun while she lasted until the cops got fed up with her, or was it me?

I remember my father picking me up in it after dropping off another car, he says "You did a great job on the engine son, it really runs well" I replied "Yeah she's really peppy, you should push the pedal down, to see the difference to your 6 cyl Maverick...."

The pumpkin shifted right back down to first and lit up the rear. He went white.......

As I recall, he did'nt talk to me for a while.

Ah youth :-)

I love it, 614HSO! So many great stories of of growing up as a gearhead. It was a great era.

I nominate that for vignette #462 in our Vintage Muscle Memories Unleashed book Ruf's working on (you mean you're not!? wha?)

:)

I love it, 614HSO! So many great stories of of growing up as a gearhead. It was a great era.

I nominate that for vignette #462 in our Vintage Muscle Memories Unleashed book Ruf's working on (you mean you're not!? wha?)

:)

68 Fastback, you have no idea........... (Well as part of this forum you probably do!)

Absolute MADNESS..... Sometimes I wonder how I got away with most of it.

With Ruf writing things up we can probably get a book together and finance a road trip!!!

Right.......... be lucky if it covered Western Unions service fees sending bail money after the GT 500 party

Edited by 614HSO

Excellent idea.

I'll bring a tape recorder to the '07 meet in May and we can share stories.

Not a bad idea for a coffee table book. :shift:

Matter of fact - I'd probably need photos to accompany the text.

Photos!?! Man I gotta check on the statute of limitations on some of that stuff.

Crazy, but you know what? Talk about a really cool piece of work that would be!

Excellent idea.

I'll bring a tape recorder to the '07 meet in May and we can share stories.

Not a bad idea for a coffee table book. :shift:

Matter of fact - I'd probably need photos to accompany the text.

...but with pictures people will say: those old farts (speaking for myself, of course ;-) did what?* When? Haa Haa Ha Haa :hysterical2:

Say, what's the statute of limitations on ... well, just about everything you can think of that violates the traffic code? :hysterical:

Photos!?! Man I gotta check on the statute of limitations on some of that stuff.

Crazy, but you know what? Talk about a really cool piece of work that would be!

I detect a similar line of thinking here... :doh::)

jdaallen

Welcome!

Your car sounds like the 1st 1 I've got coming.

Did you go Tungsten or white stripes?

If we can ask, did they hit you hard on the added sticker (ADM)?

Hey PhantomAce,

I went with the white stripes, although it was a tough choice. I like then both. How did you get TWO. Around here (Colorado) it's tough to even get on a list to hope to order one. As far as price over, I'd rather not say at this point except it is a realy great deal from what I've seen on the net. Most dealers around here went for $15 to $20k over sticker.

Thanks,

John

...but with pictures people will say: those old farts (speaking for myself, of course ;-) did what?* When? Haa Haa Ha Haa :hysterical2:

Say, what's the statute of limitations on ... well, just about everything you can think of that violates the traffic code? :hysterical:

Hey 68 Fastback......

No worries, you need to have the "life experience" to write about it..........

There is only one alternative to having decades tallied up on your B'day. The pine box......

I'll take the decades, at least I can laugh about it!

Like 07 Shelby says in his signature, "I still have all my hair"

I still have all mine too, just wish it was all the same color!

Hey 68 Fastback......

There is only one alternative to having decades tallied up on your B'day. The pine box......

I'm still thinking...

Perhaps a chapter on Muscle Car Romance?

For example - I had my first real "meaningful" relationship in my buddy's '69 396 at the Drive-In. :rockon:

(he wasn't there...)

Oh, :censored: ! You just tripped brain cells I didn't know were still alive... Bad Ruf, bad!

I think story hour in the evening could be the best part of the day ;-) :happy feet:

Hey 68 Fastback......

Hey 68 Fastback......

+1 and Amen!

Yeah, the decades have been good overall -- life was simpler then and we were all more naiive. Everyone knew the cop on the beat and he was your friend.

Still have most of my hair also...yeah, two-tone here too... but, who cares, chrome is in :)

Hey PhantomAce,

I went with the white stripes, although it was a tough choice. I like then both. How did you get TWO. Around here (Colorado) it's tough to even get on a list to hope to order one. As far as price over, I'd rather not say at this point except it is a realy great deal from what I've seen on the net. Most dealers around here went for $15 to $20k over sticker.

Thanks,

John

Short of it is that I dropped "pre-order" deposits on 2 about 15 months ago.

My receipt says "MSRP", but I can already see the battle brewing.

Will sort it out when the 1st one arrives.

I'm hopeful, but not 100% confident. I'll have 2 cars show up for me (they're both ordered) but the question is what happens when it comes to the day of arrival.

I negotiate contracts with huge amounts of money all the time, but an old boss of mine had a favorite saying: "A signed contract is a declaration of war".

Mike.

Regardless - life is, still, good, my bro's.

One of my very first cars (first one on the street) was a Toyoate Corolla 2 Dr wagon.

Funny, the back seat was always folded down for some reason.

All of my friends with Camaros, Firebirds & Mustangs used to laugh at me ;-)

Short of it is that I dropped "pre-order" deposits on 2 about 15 months ago.

My receipt says "MSRP", but I can already see the battle brewing.

Will sort it out when the 1st one arrives.

I'm hopeful, but not 100% confident. I'll have 2 cars show up for me (they're both ordered) but the question is what happens when it comes to the day of arrival.

I negotiate contracts with huge amounts of money all the time, but an old boss of mine had a favorite saying: "A signed contract is a declaration of war".

Mike.

Good luck Mike. Just don't accept a deposit refund ;-) Hope you get both!

Been here a short time so I guess I should introduce myself.

I'm in the Metro Detroit NE area and just recently moved back to Michigan after being gone for 8 or so years. Good to be back home. As a result of my recent seperation I found myself with 2 SUVs, and nothing 'interesting' to drive. So being back in the Motor City I decided the GT500 would be a perfect exchange for one of them SUVs. I was happy that I found one at MSRP (I was NOT going to pay that 20k over most want) and am placing my order this week for a late year delivery.

This will be my first Mustang (though far from my first Ford) as well as my first muscle car. I've owned other 'performance' vehicles in the past (BMW Z3, a VW GTI with a supercharger dropped in), but certainly nothing the caliber of the GT500. I'm ordering a convertible and am 99% sure (although I really like the Blue, but feel it might be too understated on the GT500) it will be Grabber Orange. Still deciding on the stripe (and I will have the center stripe put on after delivery, can't believe Ford did not do that as an option) color. But at this point leaning towards Tungsten as I think it gives a better contrast to the Orange than a White stripe would. And to me it really gives it that classic look.

Great reading all the comments around here and looking forward to more in the future. Now how to get through the wait for my car (and then again after that through the winter months). Guess it's a good problem to have!

Edited by Harrek

Been here a short time so I guess I should introduce myself.

I'm in the Metro Detroit NE area and just recently moved back to Michigan after being gone for 8 or so years. Good to be back home. As a result of my recent seperation I found myself with 2 SUVs, and nothing 'interesting' to drive. So being back in the Motor City I decided the GT500 would be a perfect exchange for one of them SUVs. I was happy that I found one at MSRP (I was NOT going to pay that 20k over most want) and am placing my order this week for a late year delivery.

This will be my first Mustang (though far from my first Ford) as well as my first muscle car. I've owned other 'performance' vehicles in the past (BMW Z3, a VW GTI with a supercharger dropped in), but certainly nothing the caliber of the GT500. I'm ordering a convertible and am 99% sure (although I really like the Blue, but feel it might be too understated on the GT500) it will be Grabber Orange. Still deciding on the stripe (and I will have the center stripe put on after delivery, can't believe Ford did not do that as an option) color. But at this point leaning towards Tungsten as I think it gives a better contrast to the Orange than a White stripe would. And to me it really gives it that classic look.

Great reading all the comments around here and looking forward to more in the future. Now how to get through the wait for my car (and then again after that through the winter months). Guess it's a good problem to have!

Welcome - Don`t worry time will fly when your on this forum& your car will here before you know it.

Hello. This is the first post that I have managed to post on this site. First of all, great site with alot of good info. I am in OR and have had a deposit on a Shelby since 3/05. I had several negative situations happen and lets just say I changed dealers several times to get better pricing. Now I am with a little out of the way dealer and finally got my Shelby ordered earlier this week. They tell me I have an ETA of approx. mid-Oct to early Nov. My question is: what happens next? What should I be asking the dealer, what infomation can he get me? I see different terms being passed around like "bucked" etc. Any help would be appreciated.

This might help you understand the process a bit better:

The 10 Steps to Getting a Shelby

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

8-Ship Date-The date the vehicle left the Assembly Plant.

9-Arrival Date-The date the dealership received the vehicle.

10-Sold Date-The Date the customer buys the vehicle.

And BTW, mine has been on order since March 27th, and I haven't even gotten to step 2 yet. :banghead:

Edited by rpretzel

1-Receipt Date-The date that MS&S (Marketing Sales and Service) recorded the order.

2-Serialize Date-The date that MS&S transfers the order to MP&L (Material Planning and Logistics) and the VIN is created.You have to get the VIN from your dealer.

3-Segment Date-The date that MP&L determines which week the order will be built.

4-Sequence Date-The date that MP&L determines which day the order will be built.

5-Blend Date-The date that MP&L determines when the order will be built within the assigned day.

6-Produced Date- The date that VO (Vehicle Operations) finished assembling the vehicle.

7-Gate Release Date-The day that VO transfers the vehicle to Transportation Carriers for shipping.

And BTW, mine has been on order since March 27th, and I haven't even gotten to step 2 yet. :banghead:

RP, thanks for the refresher... do you by any chance know where 'bucked' fits in the seq? Betw/part of 4-6 somewhere or ???

-Dan

RP, thanks for the refresher... do you by any chance know where 'bucked' fits in the seq? Betw/part of 4-6 somewhere or ???

-Dan

I'm not really sure because I'm not absolutely sure what the exact definition of 'bucked' is. If bucked means the car has begun the build process, I'd have to say it falls right after #5 and before #6.

I'm not really sure because I'm not absolutely sure what the exact definition of 'bucked' is. If bucked means the car has begun the build process, I'd have to say it falls right after #5 and before #6.

Yeah, that's kinda what I thought: posibly meaning all the parts are bucked-up for the line (I think I read that in the old days they used to set-up the build on [a] wooden buck -- though I could be dreaming that :) )

Thanks for the info. This helps alot. Just doesn't give me much hope in getting mine in November!!!

Hi, I'm Brian or Speedo whichever you prefer. I have been following the GT500 since conception and watching this site for just as long. Love the info, always first, accurate and really helped me alot. I recieved my Shelby on Friday 8-11-06. Wow!!!!! Awesome!!!!! I love this thing, I named it and it has a it's own song already (Back in Black by AC / DC. I'm 34 and live in Illinois and live close to St. Louis.

Hi, I'm Brian or Speedo whichever you prefer. I have been following the GT500 since conception and watching this site for just as long. Love the info, always first, accurate and really helped me alot. I recieved my Shelby on Friday 8-11-06. Wow!!!!! Awesome!!!!! I love this thing, I named it and it has a it's own song already (Back in Black by AC / DC. I'm 34 and live in Illinois and live close to St. Louis.

WELCOME-- Speedo 24-- Congrat.s on getting your car If you get some time post some pictures.

Edited by shelby001

Hey, Brian -- WELCOME!

When you get a chance tell us more about your baby! Has got to be awesome to drive! You are so lucky :party:

And good luck with her!

-Dan